Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Way to convert .csv pulse oximeter data into a format OSCAR can read?
Way to convert .csv pulse oximeter data into a format OSCAR can read?
Hi all,

This is my first post on here, very glad that this community exists.

I have mild OSA and started PAP therapy last week. I'm starting to feel better, which is encouraging Smile.

My doctor and I are considering a MAD and/or a potential tonsillectomy + adenoidectomy. I was hoping to build a long-term "dataset" for what my sleep looks like on my APAP vs. MAD vs. potential post-op and recovery. I'm using OSCAR for the APAP (Resmed Airsense 10) and also got a wearable pulse oximeter ring a few weeks ago to try to get pre- and post-PAP therapy data. I see now that it's not compatible with OSCAR, so I ordered one of the ones that is and it should come in soon.

However, the ring I currently have exports heart rate in BPM and blood oxygen saturation in Sp02 in both PDF "report" and .csv "raw data" formats. Is there a way to convert the .csv into a file type that OSCAR can read? I'm happy to move a bunch of things manually in Excel to get the formatting right, it's ultimately going to be ~9-14 days worth of data so I'm fine doing that by hand.

I'm not sure if this is possible at all, but I wanted to check! I'd love to be able to have everything side by side so I can try to use both feel and some consistent metrics to track my progress as I try different things out.

Thank you for your time!
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Way to convert .csv pulse oximeter data into a format OSCAR can read?
What's the exact SpO2 device?
Post Reply Post Reply
Been there, done and still do that.

Might an accelerometer masquerade as an oximeter and be put into OSCAR? | Apnea Board

The data structure works well for OSCAR's Somnopose Import.

I've routinely used it and Excel prep sheets  to display curves from these data sources:

3-axis accelerometer sleep position and "seismic" effects
Breath by breath tidal volumes
Breath by breath inspiration time
Breath by breath duty cycle

'Think I fiddled with and used a CSV file from a CMS-50Is oximeter once, but there was no need, given other software did the job for OSCAR import.

You will need to apply a "100 X factor" to your SpO2 if data are cast as decimal fractions.

The curves will appear in OSCAR's viewing windows "Inclination" and "Orientation" which I wish could be edited to label graph content directly.
I have no particular qualifications or expertise with respect to the apnea/cpap/sleep related content of my posts beyond my own user experiences and what I've learned from others on this site. Each of us bears the burden of evaluating the validity and applicability of what we read here before acting on it.  

Of my 3 once-needed, helpful, and adjunctive devices I have listed, only the accelerometer remains operative (but now idle). My second CMS50I died, too, of old age and the so-so Dreem 2 needs head-positioning band repair--if, indeed, Dreem even supports use of it now.

Post Reply Post Reply
The following link shows the key timing parts of one adaptation of a more complex Excel template for getting data into Somnopose format and zero-time sync. Ignore the blue and green cells and fragments from old data work at lower left

http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/attachm...?aid=38719

The full sheet, as used, will have my CSV file columns data pasted in Columns A, B, C, D, as needed. If massage of it is needed that work begins in Column E and, ultimately the correctly formatted values get fed to the Orientation and Inclination columns.
I have no particular qualifications or expertise with respect to the apnea/cpap/sleep related content of my posts beyond my own user experiences and what I've learned from others on this site. Each of us bears the burden of evaluating the validity and applicability of what we read here before acting on it.  

Of my 3 once-needed, helpful, and adjunctive devices I have listed, only the accelerometer remains operative (but now idle). My second CMS50I died, too, of old age and the so-so Dreem 2 needs head-positioning band repair--if, indeed, Dreem even supports use of it now.

Post Reply Post Reply
Yes, you could use the somnopose input format but OSCAR won't do any of the regular calculations it does.

For all we know the device could be a Wellue/Viatom/rebranded O2Ring for which OSCAR supports import of the raw datafiles, but not exported pdf or csv from the associated software. If it's a different device which is readily available and used we can look at adding support in to OSCAR.
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-07-2022, 10:18 PM)kappa Wrote: What's the exact SpO2 device?
Sorry, it's a Wellue 02 Ring!

(02-08-2022, 07:34 AM)kappa Wrote: Yes, you could use the somnopose input format but OSCAR won't do any of the regular calculations it does.

For all we know the device could be a Wellue/Viatom/rebranded O2Ring for which OSCAR supports import of the raw datafiles, but not exported pdf or csv from the associated software. If it's a different device which is readily available and used we can look at adding support in to OSCAR.
I didn't realize that it was a rebranded ring that possibly could have support already. Do you happen to know if the Wellue 02Ring™ Continuous Oxygen Monitor is one of them?
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-08-2022, 12:47 AM)2SleepBetta Wrote: The curves will appear in OSCAR's viewing windows "Inclination" and "Orientation" which I wish could be edited to label graph content directly.

I think this is the second time you mentioned this.  Doesn't changing the Name and Label fields in Preferences > Waveforms to reflect the new names not work?  Other than the Daily graph title for these parameters that requires a OSCAR reboot to take effect, the Daily statistic label and the Overview label will change.  One note I discovered the hard way, the names in the name field are listed in alphabetical order.  This column will re-sort after changing the channel's name.  You will need to make sure you are editing the correct label parameter after changing the name, because it may change its listing order.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-08-2022, 12:47 AM)2SleepBetta Wrote: Been there, done and still do that.

(Link removed due to new user restriction)

The data structure works well for OSCAR's Somnopose Import.

I've routinely used it and Excel prep sheets  to display curves from these data sources:

3-axis accelerometer sleep position and "seismic" effects
Breath by breath tidal volumes
Breath by breath inspiration time
Breath by breath duty cycle

'Think I fiddled with and used a CSV file from a CMS-50Is oximeter once, but there was no need, given other software did the job for OSCAR import.

You will need to apply a "100 X factor" to your SpO2 if data are cast as decimal fractions.

The curves will appear in OSCAR's viewing windows "Inclination" and "Orientation" which I wish could be edited to label graph content directly.

(02-08-2022, 01:08 AM)2SleepBetta Wrote: The following link shows the key timing parts of one adaptation of a more complex Excel template for getting data into Somnopose format and zero-time sync. Ignore the blue and green cells and fragments from old data work at lower left

(Link removed due to new user restriction)

The full sheet, as used, will have my CSV file columns data pasted in Columns A, B, C, D, as needed. If massage of it is needed that work begins in Column E and, ultimately the correctly formatted values get fed to the Orientation and Inclination columns.

Awesome, I'm really glad that this is possible if the Wellue ring is indeed not supported. Thanks so much for sharing your process and some of the nuts and bolts on this!
Post Reply Post Reply
The Wellue is fully supported.  Read this Wiki on importing its data into OSCAR. Link to: Wiki - Viatom File Import

Viatom and Wellue are the same product, just a different name depending on where they are marketed in the world.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-08-2022, 09:11 AM)Crimson Nape Wrote: The Wellue is fully supported.  Read this Wiki on importing its data into OSCAR. Link to: (Link removed due to new user restriction)

Viatom and Wellue are the same product, just a different name depending on where they are marketed in the world.

That's great news, thank you very much!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question OK TO IMPORT SLEEP DATA FROM OLD SD CARD INTO OSCAR W/O MESSING UP CURRENT DATA? Plmnb 1 72 6 hours ago
Last Post: Ibrumley
  Is there a solution to read out the newer versions of the Contect CMS50F under Linux? Mast04 10 807 03-25-2024, 08:46 PM
Last Post: Pierelly
  Trouble importing data to Oscar bubbafoxus 2 86 03-22-2024, 05:40 PM
Last Post: bubbafoxus
  OSCAR Profiles and Combining Different Brand CPAP Data StratCat48 2 48 03-22-2024, 08:00 AM
Last Post: StratCat48
  Where Oscar put the data file? Rosacer24 0 58 03-22-2024, 12:16 AM
Last Post: Rosacer24
  There's 1.5 years of data in my OSCAR, but now there's a problem Snackers 8 217 03-19-2024, 03:36 AM
Last Post: Snackers
  OSCAR v1.5.2- error code 5, unable to write to data directory sleepynotion 2 106 03-18-2024, 12:09 PM
Last Post: sleepynotion

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.