Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Way too hot on the beautiful Oregon coast..
Wow is it hot here or what?

It's 90 Fahrenheit here at our house. Last night a wind came in from the east. We never get a wind from the east. Well except for sometimes. Like last night. When that happens we know it's going to get way too hot.

...and it is. You guys out there in whereverville don't understand what it's like to have such a heat wave. This is easily the hottest day of the year. Now, I don't mind a bad heat wave once in awhile, but this has been going on all day!

How hot is it? Well, I let the puppies out earlier. They spotted a bird in their yard. They chased it of course, but all 3 of them elected to walk instead of run. It's too hot.

I definitely think our little part of the globe is warm today.....

I'd go someplace cool, but it's too hot.

Post Reply Post Reply
Where on the coast? Born, raised in Portland, then (stupidly) got stuck in Ohio.
*I* am not a DOCTOR or any type of Health Care Professional. My thoughts/suggestions/ideas are strictly only my opinions.

"Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you. Jesus Christ and the American Soldier. One died for your Soul, the other for your Freedom."
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-05-2014, 07:03 PM)Peter_C Wrote: Where on the coast? Born, raised in Portland, then (stupidly) got stuck in Ohio.

About 80 miles west & south of Portland. In the greater metropolitan Lincoln City area.

Crap Peter, no wonder you're broken. You need to come back to Portland for a rust removal procedure. They don't know how to do that in Ohio.
Post Reply Post Reply

32 celsius (90 fahrenheit) - beautiful - time shorts and T shirt and thongs....
Post Reply Post Reply
Shorts I got. T shirt I got... Thongs? I think that's what I'm using for a chinstrap.
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-05-2014, 07:09 PM)retired_guy Wrote:
(09-05-2014, 07:03 PM)Peter_C Wrote: Where on the coast? Born, raised in Portland, then (stupidly) got stuck in Ohio.

About 80 miles west & south of Portland. In the greater metropolitan Lincoln City area.

Crap Peter, no wonder you're broken. You need to come back to Portland for a rust removal procedure. They don't know how to do that in Ohio.

Figgers - you seemed so familiar, yet so weird - now I know why~! The webbing between your toes was never removed, was it? This causes your socks to be too warm, causing your brain to sweat...
Dielaughing

Get any seagull poop on your car lately?
*I* am not a DOCTOR or any type of Health Care Professional. My thoughts/suggestions/ideas are strictly only my opinions.

"Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you. Jesus Christ and the American Soldier. One died for your Soul, the other for your Freedom."
Post Reply Post Reply

Happily the weather is a little better today. 72 degrees here with a nice breeze coming in off the ocean. Much better. It's 90 degrees where Peter used to live, so everyone from there is driving out here today. I think I'll just stay home.

But fortunately the extraordinary heat wave we experienced yesterday seems to have been broken, so everyone can quit worrying about me. I'm fine.
Post Reply Post Reply
Actually, 66 and raining today in Akron, Ohio - go figure.

I will say, that as a recumbent trike rider, there are more dry days here in the middle of the country...

Post Reply Post Reply
We were in Tucson last weekend. It was 102 according to the web... A bank sign was registering 119... Must have been a heat factor that included the hot air of all the bankers. Nevertheless... 102 is hot for the last day of August, even for down here in the desert.

I live in the bootheel of NM, well at least until May. We hopefully will be going back to the cool Appalachian Mountains of NE Georgia.
Post Reply Post Reply

(09-06-2014, 09:21 AM)retired_guy Wrote: Shorts I got. T shirt I got... Thongs? I think that's what I'm using for a chinstrap.
What! you use these for a chinstrap?

[attachment=1024]
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Roseburg, Oregon Shooting PaytonA 17 1,361 10-28-2015, 07:28 AM
Last Post: DocWils
  West Coast is burning up! Aus and NZ to the rescue! DariaVader 3 500 08-26-2015, 11:19 AM
Last Post: DariaVader