Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Wcsleep - Therapy Thread
RE: help interpreting OSCAR

Hello,

I really would appreciate help here. I increased the minimum pressure as recommended and still have what I believe is a significant number of Flow Limitations.

If I increase the min more, the min and max pressure will be almost the same.  Do I run the risk of more CAs if I increase the max pressure?

Can someone tell me what you are seeing in these charts; I am at a bit of a loss about how to proceed. My doc only wants AHI lower than 5 and she considers me successfully treated. I do not feel rested.

Thanks in advance.
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-19-2019, 12:19 PM)Wcsleep Wrote: Hello,

I really would appreciate help here. I increased the minimum pressure as recommended and still have what I believe is a significant number of Flow Limitations.

If I increase the min more, the min and max pressure will be almost the same.  Do I run the risk of more CAs if I increase the max pressure?

Can someone tell me what you are seeing in these charts; I am at a bit of a loss about how to proceed. My doc only wants AHI lower than 5 and she considers me successfully treated. I do not feel rested.

Thanks in advance.

Can you increase your max pressure  by 1 and sleep with the machine for a couple of nights and post more graphs
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-19-2019, 12:19 PM)Wcsleep Wrote: Hello,

Thanks in advance.

You seem to be dealing with significant flow limitations. Do you see lot of flat topped inhalation in your flow rate chart? 

Given the machine you have, you can try to raise the minimum pressure gradually and see if it resolves your flow limitations.  If it doesn't work, you will probably benefit from switching to a bilevel machine.
Post Reply Post Reply
when you increased your min pressure you significantly lowered your flow limitations and RERAs.  Your Centrals should not be an issue at this level and they should go away over time.  If they become a problem you can reduce or eliminate your flex.  Note: when you eliminate your flex you may need to decrease your min pressure by 2.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you. So you advance se no changes for now?
Post Reply Post Reply
Wcsleep, what is your current flex setting?
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-21-2019, 08:28 AM)Sleeprider Wrote: Wcsleep, what is your current flex setting?

My current flex is set at 1
Post Reply Post Reply
Flex at 1 should be fine. Just checking.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-21-2019, 12:21 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: Flex at 1 should be fine. Just checking.

Thanks for responding quickly. Do you have thoughts about how I should proceed? Do you think the Flow limitations are a problem and if so, how should I address this? I am awakened in the middle of the night and am trying to determine why this is happening. 
In addition to FL, I’m concerned and want to optimize my CPAP therapy. 
Thanks so much for the help.
Post Reply Post Reply
Oxygen saturation high, AHI high?
The O2 levels consistently measure about 95 or higher with no drops below 90.
The AHIs will often be at 20.  Does anyone have ideas about how this could happen? Not sure how to proceed. 
I am asking this for a good friend who is not on this board.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  WW4B Therapy thread WW4B 49 4,068 Yesterday, 04:31 PM
Last Post: WW4B
  Therapy Help - Possible UARS - REM jkossis 8 165 Yesterday, 02:09 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] Therapy help rekaviv 9 254 Yesterday, 11:22 AM
Last Post: rekaviv
  IanD - Therapy Thread IanD 28 2,264 03-26-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: IanD
  MrIvanDrago - CPAP|Bi-PAP Therapy Journey MrIvanDrago 67 3,357 03-26-2024, 01:22 PM
Last Post: MrIvanDrago
  Marcin's Therapy Thread marcinpiskala 20 960 03-23-2024, 04:38 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Information Alaxo Hybrid Stent with CPAP - Therapy Thread G. Szabo 29 1,209 03-22-2024, 10:51 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.