Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

We all love tele-marketers, right?
We all love tele-marketers, right?
I mess with um myself, but this is a whole new level.  like

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KI4Y3g3w3zQ
Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  
RE: We all love tele-marketers, right?
I've gotten a SPAM/Scam call about my car warranty about to expire. So I told the guy on the line to remove my number from their call list. He hesitated so I chimed in "I didn't know my 1991 Thunderbird had a warranty still". Then the "highly professional" customer service guy hangs up.

I get ones for my electric bill overpayment, IRS is taking me to court, credit card payment assistance, possibly others. I rent from Mom for now, no electric bill. I don't have a credit card.

Yes I skipped the IRS one. I got the call from the "IRS" enforcer about a year ago. I've not had income from 8/14-2/20 while dealing with pending SSDI claim and several appeals. So the IRS agent calls to tell me to pay my taxes or they'll meet me at the courthouse. Says I "Which courthouse should we meet at?" Sir you know the one most local to you. "No, tell me the city and address for the courthouse you will be waiting for me." Since you are being uncooperative we'll see you there. OK, so Dave calls the IRS and reports it. An actual IRS agent records the info which includes time, date, and calling phone number. She said she'd received a similar call. They hung up when she said who she works for.

Coffee
Dave

OSCAR
Standard OSCAR Chart Order
Mask Primer
Dealing With A DME
Soft Cervical Collar Wiki
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Haha! I'd love to give it to them like that.
Post Reply Post Reply
Many years ago, had a problem with tele-marketers. Had a family friend over that night. She majored in French in college. Sadly, she is no longer with us, passing last November. For one call, she answered in French. Did not get any more calls for the next couple of days.

Just a thought, with all the various language programs out there, why not learn a couple of phrases, say in Ugandan, to use when the next tele-marketer calls.
Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  
"Hello, Sir, this is..."

"I just lost my jo...

[Click]

Duration of call: 1.9 seconds

"Hello, Sir, my name...

"Maca haya, qwai lo!!"

[Click]

Duration of call: 2,1 seconds
Serial Tapist
Post Reply Post Reply
Just never say yes.
Dave

OSCAR
Standard OSCAR Chart Order
Mask Primer
Dealing With A DME
Soft Cervical Collar Wiki
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  I love motorcycles. Big Guy 13 1,118 12-31-2018, 07:55 PM
Last Post: AlanE
  What I love about Apnea Board Gabby 23 5,427 12-11-2015, 06:17 PM
Last Post: justMongo
Smile Do you love your cat? (of course you do) woozie38 13 3,182 09-04-2014, 11:55 AM
Last Post: Evpraxia

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.