Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

We have rain today
A nice gentle rain this morning on Southern Kalifornia.
Air is fresh. Expected to be heavier later today.
One of those days when I'm glad to have a warm place to sit and watch the rain.

My daughter is skiing at Mammoth today -- fresh powder.
She sent a photo of a rainbow.

We need rain; and we need snow pack in the Sierras.

[Image: daD6uvCm.jpg]
Post Reply Post Reply
yay for rain in California!

هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه
Tongue Suck Technique for prevention of mouth breathing:
  • Place your tongue behind your front teeth on the roof of your mouth
  • let your tongue fill the space between the upper molars
  • gently suck to form a light vacuum
Practising during the day can help you to keep it at night

هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه
Post Reply Post Reply
Good Morning Daria. I assume rain for you too.
How's the glucose since you d.c.'ed that one med?
Post Reply Post Reply

not good Sad

270 this morning Sad

oddly, when I workout at the gym it is higher the next morning instead of lower.... stress hormones?

and yes, it always rains here. lol

Post Reply Post Reply
You working with an endocrinologist?
Post Reply Post Reply
My internist. trying to get her to give me Invokana instead of the Januvia and she's chicken because its new... I so don't want to shoot insulin Sad

Post Reply Post Reply

(01-31-2016, 02:32 PM)DariaVader Wrote: My internist. trying to get her to give me Invokana instead of the Januvia and she's chicken because its new... I so don't want to shoot insulin Sad

Might have to. Perhaps a basal, long acting like Lantus to keep morning reading down.

My Primary so wanted me to lose weight, he gave me Victoza. The mfgr got FDA approval under a new tradename (Saxenda) to market it for weight loss. I could not tolerate it -- made be sick.

Now, I'm doing it with diet.
Post Reply Post Reply
I had high fasting blood sugar (120 or so) at age 15 and 105lb... I have been managing with diet since late 20s and only started metformin when I turned 40. at 58, I have been on metformin for 18 years and diabetic for longer depending on where you draw the line between pre-diabetes and diabetes. My mother was out of control diabetic in her mid 30s, and is 81 and on insulin now (has been for a while) every once in a while her pancreas wakes up and throws her into crisis. Diabetes really sucks! Both my parents have it, my dad got it later in his 60s. He has some bad genes for DM, and my ma has a different set.... I got the bad genes from both sets. grrr...

Post Reply Post Reply
DV,
I don't know a lot about Diabetes, but hope you and your doctor can get it sorted out.

OpalRose
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

How to Organize and Post ScreenShots

http://sleep.tnet.com/resources/sleepyhead/shorganize
https://sleep.tnet.com/reference/tips/imgur

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply

(01-31-2016, 03:45 PM)DariaVader Wrote: I had high fasting blood sugar (120 or so) at age 15 and 105lb... I have been managing with diet since late 20s and only started metformin when I turned 40. at 58, I have been on metformin for 18 years and diabetic for longer depending on where you draw the line between pre-diabetes and diabetes. My mother was out of control diabetic in her mid 30s, and is 81 and on insulin now (has been for a while) every once in a while her pancreas wakes up and throws her into crisis. Diabetes really sucks! Both my parents have it, my dad got it later in his 60s. He has some bad genes for DM, and my ma has a different set.... I got the bad genes from both sets. grrr...

I must have inherited a genetic predisposition from meine deutsche Großmutter. Looking at her photo, I even look a lot like her now that I'm old.

I'm fairly certain mine is a case of insulin resistance.

For the most part, diabetes is akin to sleep apnea in that it's the long term effects that wreak havoc. (I'm singing to the choir here!)

Exogenous insulin is a double edge sword. It can do its job; but it's also a fat storage hormone. And, to a degree responsible for my weight gain.

Your doc run a C-peptide test? Or, Islet cell antibodies?
Asking because you may have converted to type I.

My best wishes for you to get back control.

Kindest Regards,

Mongo
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Today I got stuck upgrading Adobe Reader to the DC version justMongo 4 378 02-23-2017, 10:34 PM
Last Post: Blue Shift
  I hit the doughnut hole today justMongo 23 2,115 08-02-2015, 10:12 PM
Last Post: justMongo
  Today is the day! retired_guy 21 1,905 05-28-2015, 04:44 PM
Last Post: PaytonA
  Today's Trivia Quiz justMongo 15 1,883 11-12-2014, 12:48 PM
Last Post: Homerec130
  Stock up today! retired_guy 10 1,954 09-25-2014, 03:46 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  Here's what we did today. retired_guy 16 2,965 06-15-2014, 11:06 PM
Last Post: Sandybird
  Rain, rain, rain ... Sleepster 3 1,195 09-21-2013, 09:52 AM