Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

We were thinking of going camping....
We were thinking of going camping....
But my easy battery plan didn't work, and I am too big of a baby to go without the humidifier. No heated hose might also make me cry!

We found a 4 day hole in our vacation plans for September where we need to make ourselves scarce from where we planned to be. My first thought was to camp along the beautiful Lostine River --- we have a camper --- but my power hungry bionic breathing apparatus needs more fire than I think I can summon without a well laid plan!

I think this is the most I have resented this thing since I first got it last November! I know there is ways to do it. but I seriously don't want to mess with all that heavy stuff - and yet... the Lostine calls!
هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه  هههههه
Tongue Suck Technique for prevention of mouth breathing:
  • Place your tongue behind your front teeth on the roof of your mouth
  • let your tongue fill the space between the upper molars
  • gently suck to form a light vacuum

Practising during the day can help you to keep it at night

هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه  هههههه
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: We were thinking of going camping....
[Image: east_fork_lostine_river_by_Beausoliel.jpg]

Post Reply Post Reply
I use a $65.00 35 amp-hour AGM battery on the boat. With the humidifier and heated hose disabled, I easily get 3 nights out of it. Put warm water in the tank and insulate the hose.

Your alternative is to buy a generator. You can recharge the battery during the day off the generator. ...or go with a solar panel to recharge it but you'd need a fairly large one They make them where they roll up. Look at PowerFilm.
Post Reply Post Reply
Buy 2 of the Z1 HME's. Try one at home and if it's adequate take the other on the trip if it is.
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-21-2015, 10:30 PM)DariaVader Wrote: But my easy battery plan didn't work, and I am too big of a baby to go without the humidifier. No heated hose might also make me cry!

We found a 4 day hole in our vacation plans for September where we need to make ourselves scarce from where we planned to be. My first thought was to camp along the beautiful Lostine River --- we have a camper --- but my power hungry bionic breathing apparatus needs more fire than I think I can summon without a well laid plan!

I think this is the most I have resented this thing since I first got it last November! I know there is ways to do it. but I seriously don't want to mess with all that heavy stuff - and yet... the Lostine calls!

I was a little worried about not using my heated humidifier when I tested it recently for four nights on battery backup - it turned out I didn't miss it. In fact, the first night I forgot to put water in the humidifier and I didn't even miss that. I did, however, use Ocean nasal spray each night and morning just to give my nose a bit of extra moisture. So, I recommend going without the humidifier in the comfort of your own home first before you are sure you won't like it.
That picture you posted is beautiful.

David
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-22-2015, 07:27 AM)bill-e Wrote: Buy 2 of the Z1 HME's. Try one at home and if it's adequate take the other on the trip if it is.

bill-e - this is a tempting thought... realistically, how much humidity will one of these things generate? Are people like me that need fairly high humidity ever satisfied with them? The reviews I have read tend to support a "no" but reviews must also be taken with a grain of salt....

Post Reply Post Reply
(08-22-2015, 09:16 AM)Dagmar Wrote: I was a little worried about not using my heated humidifier when I tested it recently for four nights on battery backup - it turned out I didn't miss it. In fact, the first night I forgot to put water in the humidifier and I didn't even miss that. I did, however, use Ocean nasal spray each night and morning just to give my nose a bit of extra moisture. So, I recommend going without the humidifier in the comfort of your own home first before you are sure you won't like it.
That picture you posted is beautiful.

David

Unfortunately, without the humidifier I begin coughing immediately and get a vile sinus headache if I manage to sleep through running out of water. I use Xlear nasal spray every night which moistens tissues better than just saline (contains xylitol). In addition, before I turned my heated hose up to its max, the cool air coming in was very bothersome. Although having the P10 rather than the original FX may mitigate that. Apparently, I am a delicate flower Big Grin

The pic is one I snagged off of the internet, but the Lostine valley is all of that and more.... The Wallowa mountains are truly magnificent, and the Lostine runs through them. We have a cabin near Wallowa Lake which we rent out as a vacation house for most of the summer. We forgot to expand our expected stay since usually late September is a bust rentals wise, and the management company rented it out for three nights in the middle of our stay. Camping up the Lostine would be a fantastic way to spend that time Big Grin Or maybe I really am too old for that Tongue

Post Reply Post Reply
(08-22-2015, 09:23 AM)DariaVader Wrote:
(08-22-2015, 07:27 AM)bill-e Wrote: Buy 2 of the Z1 HME's. Try one at home and if it's adequate take the other on the trip if it is.

bill-e - this is a tempting thought... realistically, how much humidity will one of these things generate? Are people like me that need fairly high humidity ever satisfied with them? The reviews I have read tend to support a "no" but reviews must also be taken with a grain of salt....
Are they perfect? No but will they get you through this one time use...maybe. Only you will know and it's only 6 bucks to find out.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Lowenstein Prisma 20A - how can I work out energy usage for camping? JamesD0079 4 626 02-15-2024, 04:16 PM
Last Post: JamesD0079
  For anyone who is thinking of giving up on CPAP because of the nuisance...... BigWing 3 374 02-12-2024, 07:04 AM
Last Post: BigWing
  [CPAP] I cannot keep my mask on, and I'm thinking of returning the machine. blakeh36 1 373 11-12-2023, 02:29 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Camping with CPAP - any tips? SuperSleeper 43 7,630 10-16-2023, 07:08 PM
Last Post: Hintertux
  [Equipment] CPAP and Camping Dogberto 2 571 07-16-2023, 05:41 PM
Last Post: Dogberto
  Thinking I might lower my pressure David Clark 2 610 05-22-2023, 10:00 PM
Last Post: gainerfull
  CPAP Substitute While Camping or Traveling Liegeinski 10 2,628 01-23-2023, 01:09 AM
Last Post: RainbowFish

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.