Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Wearing CPAP for 9 months but no improvement
Wearing CPAP for 9 months but no improvement
Hi everyone, the title summarises my issue. I'm a total newbie at this so if anyone can spot something obviously wrong, or has any suggestions, I would greatly appreciate it!
My initial sleep study:
-1 obstructive, 5 central, 4 mixed, 18 hypopneas for AHI index of 6.2 events/hour
-mild alpha intrusion
-no PLMS
-no heart abnormalities on EKG

Initial CPAP titration:
-used F&P Eson 2 nasal mask, pressure titrated from 5 to 8 cmH2O
-0 obstructive, 3 central, 1 mixed apnea, 7 hypopneas for AHI index of 1.9 events/hour
-RERA included RDI of 2.0 events/hour
-mild alpha intrusion
-no PLMS
-no EKG abnormalities

Sample from my Philips Respironics during first month of usage:

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Wearing CPAP for 9 months but no improvement
Here is a sample from the 2nd month of usage at 8mmH2O:

(Note that I picked a night from that month with a relatively high AHI index, let me know if I should add a sample night with a lower AHI)

And here's a sample day from my 3rd month at 9mmH2O:

(again I chose a night with a relatively high AHI index during that month)
Post Reply Post Reply
I know these numbers may seem low, but I have ridiculous amounts of fatigue every day, which has caused me to fall asleep in class and have a constant brain fog..
And no amount of sleep seems to resolve this fatigue.
Post Reply Post Reply
Do you consume alcohol? Alcohol was a no no with my therapy.
Post Reply Post Reply
On the charts of the 10th you show positional apnea. Positional apnea is when your sleep position cuts off your own airway by your chin dropping down to your Sternum.  It happens more sleeping on your back or using to high pillow. 

No pressure changes can help, you have to identify how you are doing this and find a way to fix it. There are many people who have found a collar helps a lot. Please check out my signature for a link on collars.
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi there, no I don't consume alcohol
Post Reply Post Reply
The soft cervical collar idea is really interesting, it never occurred to me to use something like that. Will give it a go, thanks!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Judging CPAP improvement jprconsulting 1 79 03-24-2024, 04:38 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
Sad [Treatment] 10 Months In and Still Waking Up After 4 to 5 Hours Burnsy 3 280 03-14-2024, 11:37 AM
Last Post: Burnsy
  4 months in - Do I have to live with aerophagia? RedNailz 18 1,643 03-09-2024, 02:14 PM
Last Post: RedNailz
  Going nowhere with ASV after 3 months CaliforniaDreamer 20 483 03-08-2024, 08:56 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Only CAs on Oscar but diagnosed with OSA - 2 months CPAP and no improvement 444zane3 4 289 03-07-2024, 02:06 AM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Slept fully twice in 3 months since starting CPAP for CSA redking2436 13 668 02-18-2024, 08:30 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Haven't been able to fall asleep wearing biPAP AlgebraicMisery 1 236 02-17-2024, 07:25 AM
Last Post: OpalRose

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.