Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Week 1 using a CPAP machine
Brick 
Week 1 using a CPAP machine
Hello everyone! 

I am just starting my journey with this new machine. My biggest problem right now is dry mouth. I think I have to get some Biotene to help me at night. I have always been a mouth breather. I am sure there is some reason why, and a way to stop doing that. However, for right now, I am just learning how to breathe with this new machine. 

Thanks!
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Week 1 using a CPAP machine
Hi ShonaFraser,
Could you tell us which Phillips Respironics machine you are using?  Also, is it a Cpap or Auto Cpap?

What pressure is your machine set to?  You list 4 in your profile.  Most of us feel air starved at that pressure.  If your feeling that way, try raising it to at least 6cm to help you breath easier.

You also list that you are using ResScan software, which is for ResMed machines only.

Having a properly filled out profile will help us to help you.

In the meantime, order the Clinicians Manual for your machine....link at top of page.

More info to read:
http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...re-success

Sleep-well
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi ShonaFraser,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Good luck to you with CPAP therapy, and the new machine.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for the responses! I am still figuring all of this out When I have a better understanding, I will update my profile. Thanks for commenting!
Post Reply Post Reply
There is lots of information here, start with reading the contents of the links in my signature.

Learning to breath with your machine,  use it while reading or watching TV, some normal activity you enjoy.

Download SleepyHead and post your results. It will help you a lot.

Look at the bottom of your machine, there will be a number similar to DSX500x11  that is your model number.

Fred
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  First week with CPAP Oscar - Adjustments phillyfan24 6 504 7 hours ago
Last Post: phillyfan24
  Feel like my CPAP machine is killing me jimbob123 1 93 03-27-2024, 05:42 AM
Last Post: Rich66
  New user OSCAR data after one week Everlong 2 108 03-26-2024, 09:04 AM
Last Post: Everlong
  Need help new on CPAP machine Jimasripper 10 310 03-22-2024, 03:08 PM
Last Post: Jimasripper
  Ready to buy CPAP machine NewlyDiagnosed 29 633 03-21-2024, 01:42 PM
Last Post: NewlyDiagnosed
  UARS diagnosis? No improvements on CPAP. What Bilevel machine to get and where? empiricismandstatistics 8 201 03-21-2024, 04:29 AM
Last Post: empiricismandstatistics
  Is a travel CPAP machine worth it? BobbieM 21 5,747 03-14-2024, 01:55 PM
Last Post: tommystix

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.