Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Weight Gain From Water Retention
RE: Weight Gain From Water Retention
your pressure settings are 4 to 8. The lower end pressure is 4. 4 is too low for most people, and is usually uncomfortable, and expiratory relief doesn't do anything at that low of a setting. Signs that 4 is too low of a number on the low end would be a feeling that you are fighting to breathe in until it goes up.

With respect to water retention, we are trying to lower the pressure during exhale. At your low pressures, a bipap wont get you anything (I believe) since at your max pressure of 8, expiration pressure will be 5

I think Archangle wants to look at the effectiveness of the overall therapy. Would be interesting to see how long you stay at 4, and whether the machine is detecting any events or near events. It is possible that with effective therapy the conditions causing water retention will sort out without any other intervention.

My pressures are a good deal higher than yours - with a median of 11 to 12 - it is possible that your water retention issues are different than mine Smile
هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه  هههههه
Tongue Suck Technique for prevention of mouth breathing:
  • Place your tongue behind your front teeth on the roof of your mouth
  • let your tongue fill the space between the upper molars
  • gently suck to form a light vacuum

Practising during the day can help you to keep it at night

هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه  هههههه
Post Reply Post Reply
[quote='DariaVader' pid='130531' dateline='1442000173']
your pressure settings are 4 to 8. The lower end pressure is 4. I think Archangle wants to look at the effectiveness of the overall therapy. Would be interesting to see how long you stay at 4, and whether the machine is detecting any events or near events. It is possible that with effective therapy the conditions causing water retention will sort out without any other intervention.

Ok got that...
I am ready to post my data for you experts to see but I just wanted to be sure that there wasn't any hidden private information in the SD card.
I'm game for tweaking the machine if it helps out in the long run. There are definite limitations with regards to doctors and getting them to weigh in on some issues. Therefore, I really do appreciate this helpful forum.

regards...LOUIS
Post Reply Post Reply
the machine doesn't even know when you are sleeping and when you are awake... no idea whatsoever if you have been bad or good Wink

It is going to show the breathing data for the time periods you were wearing it. Not your name, address, phone number, education, occupation, speeding tickets or convictions.

(sorry - had to go there)

Post Reply Post Reply
(09-11-2015, 03:03 PM)DariaVader Wrote: the machine doesn't even know when you are sleeping and when you are awake... no idea whatsoever if you have been bad or good Wink

It is going to show the breathing data for the time periods you were wearing it. Not your name, address, phone number, education, occupation, speeding tickets or convictions.

(sorry - had to go there)

Ok... I'm not going to respond... even though it's real tempting. Have fun on me... I'm a sport.

Thank you!Okay
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-11-2015, 05:25 PM)Louis R. Wrote: Ok... I'm not going to respond... even though it's real tempting. Have fun on me... I'm a sport.

Thank you!Okay

Thanks for being a sport... i am in a cheeky mood today and it got the better of me.

Post Reply Post Reply
Louis: Don't use your real name in setting up the software.
I have seen people post jpegs of their graphs that have their real name.
Anonymity (as in medical privacy) is highly encouraged on the forum.

Alternatively, if you have photo editing software redact any personally identifying information from graphs you post.
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-11-2015, 06:15 PM)justMongo Wrote: Louis: Don't use your real name in setting up the software.

Alternatively, if you have photo editing software redact any personally identifying information from graphs you post.

Ok point taken...
Right now I'm having a problem copying the SD card. When I click on "copy" I get no pop-up prompt windowThinking-about
I'm stuck. I'm going to try it again on another computer... I have had problems before with missing operating files on my eBay purchased computer.

Stand by.
Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-11-2015, 01:48 PM)Louis R. Wrote: And finally, is the following the only data that is found in the SD memory card, or is there other personal info hidden that could be accessed by tech savy folks??:
*Your CPAP usage.
*The hours you sleep every night.
*How well your therapy is working. Waveforms of your breathing patterns.
*Your machine type and serial number.

Regards, LOUIS

That's explained in the link I've posted twice before.

http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php..._your_data

Even if you enter your name, doctor, etc. into SleepyHead or Encore, none of that data is on your SD card.

Think of it this way: Assume you stole the CPAP machine from someone else and started using it. The machine (and SD card) has no info about your identity, only the prescription settings, and the data it records from measuring the airflow, etc. The machine exists in its won world and doesn't know whether it's connected to you or to Barack Obama.

Unless someone already has access to your medical or billing records, that doesn't mean anything to them. Even then, all it tells them is tell that Louis R. is the Louis R. Smith that they already have all your medical records, etc. Unless they're P*ssed at Louis R of apneaboard, it doesn't help them.

(09-11-2015, 01:48 PM)Louis R. Wrote: [quote='archangle' pid='130508' dateline='1441979159']
[quote='Louis R.' pid='130481' dateline='1441934199']
I am confused about the suggestion on raising the lower pressure?? Don't we want to lower it?

Once again, it's just something to experiment with, if you don't find your solution elsewhere.

It's possible that it will improve your treatment and reduce your water retention. If it doesn't help, change back to 4.

Get the free OSCAR CPAP software here.
Useful links.
Click here for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-11-2015, 08:24 PM)Louis R. Wrote:
(09-11-2015, 06:15 PM)justMongo Wrote: Louis: Don't use your real name in setting up the software.

Ok point taken...
Right now I'm having a problem copying the SD card. When I click on "copy" I get no pop-up prompt windowThinking-about
I'm stuck. I'm going to try it again on another computer... I have had problems before with missing operating files on my eBay purchased computer.

Stand by.
Thanks

Are you on Windows? Which version?

You may have to highlight the SD card with a single left click first, then right click.

Even if you post screenshots of SleepyHead data, most of those have no identifying data on them, other than the machine serial number. Only the statistics page has info on you, and that's just stuff like name and phone number, which are pretty much public knowledge. About the only thing somewhat private is your e-mail, which isn't really that private these days anyway.

Mostly useful if someone gets ticked off at Louis R. at apneaboard.
Get the free OSCAR CPAP software here.
Useful links.
Click here for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-11-2015, 09:47 PM)archangle Wrote:
(09-11-2015, 08:24 PM)Louis R. Wrote:
(09-11-2015, 06:15 PM)justMongo Wrote:

Ok point taken...

Stand by.
Thanks

Are you on Windows? Which version?

You may have to highlight the SD card with a single left click first, then right click.

Mostly useful if someone gets ticked off at Louis R. at apneaboard.

Not only did I click and highlight the SD icon when it appeared in "my computer", I also tried right and left and center clicking too. I tried everything.
When I save the SleepyHead data in the computer in a file... when trying to attach to a post, the forum says that I can't load that type of file. What a pain!!
Unless someone can come up with a solution, I'm going to have to try this at my office on Monday.

Regards...LOUIS
Pretty soon my gorilla head is going to be poutingHuh
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  weight loss meds with cpap ButtonNoseBarbie 3 149 03-25-2024, 11:23 AM
Last Post: OpalRose
  [Treatment] Lost weight, no doc, can't get my settings right... japesinjapan 9 270 03-21-2024, 01:52 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  Not using water in AirSense 10 Elite Nishimark 2 91 03-21-2024, 12:47 AM
Last Post: Nishimark
Video [Equipment] Resmed AS10 Water Chamber Noise SOLUTION fixed it 0 86 03-18-2024, 12:36 PM
Last Post: fixed it
  Horrible chemically burned bacon smell in nose after water reservoir runs dey icashootnstar 13 1,804 03-18-2024, 09:39 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  CPAP toppled over/water issue Visitor 7 7,372 03-17-2024, 10:39 PM
Last Post: Willow85
  One-Piece Water Chamber Cleaning Davebr60 0 181 02-26-2024, 11:12 PM
Last Post: Davebr60

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.