Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Weight Loss & treatment changes
RE: Weight Loss & treatment changes
(09-24-2014, 11:45 PM)Peter_C Wrote:
(09-24-2014, 07:03 PM)Galactus Wrote:
(09-24-2014, 01:07 PM)Peter_C Wrote: (can you fit in a booth at Taco bell yet? I just barely can ... now.

My desire is rather simple for my weight loss, I just wanna fit in clothing sold at Wally world. It's that simple.

Taco Bell..... at our weights do we really need Taco Bell? I can hardly eat there and even semi stay on my diet, and yah I miss that place. I never liked booths and then stopped fitting in them. I am just about back to a booth comfortably but I still don't like them.

Congrads on the weight loss really though to all of us, we know how damned hard it is.

And Wally world goes up to 5x I can always find something that fits me there. And no I am not posting my weight but I was worse than you.... You should be able to find stuff there now, no?

And I'm sure I shall take a lot of crap for saying this here, but it is the truth, and I'm not going to lie about it. It is a pain in the azz to have that machine everywhere where you are going to be and to have to go get it and pack it up. I also run around at times, and when I do I will go a day or two without it if I must. I usually sleep in a chair, so that my apnea is better, and sometimes I just don't sleep at all. I can go a day or two with no sleep, not the end of the world. This is not to say I am not serious about my treatment because I am, but you know we are living people, and just like any other disease and treatments a day of cheating every once in a while is not going to kill anyone. Just my opinion, for what it's worth.

*Only* certain things at Wally world - I wanna fit into most anything there, not just certain brands, etc...

Taco Bell - sorry, quality of life demands Taco Bell at least monthly Smile

As for me and my dream machine - yes, it IS a pain to move it around, but I am serious about not even napping without it. Camping is a real issue for me (not car camping), but trike/camping - I do not have a good solution for multi-day trike/camping trips yet. So I don't sleep much then. But anywhere with power, my dream machine goes - I am that bad.

Even the clothes in the ladies tiny intimates department? Laugh-a-lot

I know how you feel on Taco Bell too. It's hard for me to drive by, I have to stop.

How about a battery and a solar panel?

(09-25-2014, 12:30 PM)Peter_C Wrote: Wal-Mart big store that sells most anything.

Trike - as in recumbent trike - pedal power this is my last trip of 200 odd miles:
[Image: 2013-05-15GAP_Trip_05-2013013_zpse88f9a38.jpg]

So adding the weight of both a CPAP and battery would be a bit of a pain. You've got the booth idea - being able to squeeze into places 'normal' people don't even think about.

Nice bike, nice setup, bet it makes losing weight easier to. Very nice.

If everyone thinks alike, then someone isn't thinking.
Everyone knows something, together we could know everything.
Post Reply Post Reply
Batteries aren't the issue, it's a solar panel that will do a full recharge while moving into and out of shade, etc. At this point, need some big bucks to solve this issue, that I don't have.
*I* am not a DOCTOR or any type of Health Care Professional.  My thoughts/suggestions/ideas are strictly only my opinions.

"Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you. Jesus Christ and the American Soldier. One died for your Soul, the other for your Freedom."
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-25-2014, 06:10 PM)Peter_C Wrote: Batteries aren't the issue, it's a solar panel that will do a full recharge while moving into and out of shade, etc. At this point, need some big bucks to solve this issue, that I don't have.

Hey have you considered a pedal generator?

If everyone thinks alike, then someone isn't thinking.
Everyone knows something, together we could know everything.
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-24-2014, 04:57 AM)archangle Wrote: Lose the weight if you need to. You'll probably be healthier if you do.

However, don't assume it will get you off of CPAP. Many apneacs find it's no cure and there are plenty of thin apneacs.

There are probably a lot more thin apneacs than we know because the doctors tend to not consider apnea for their thin patients. We sort of have fat blindness in terms of apnea.

I completely agree! I cannot even Begin to tell you how many people have told me that if my hubby and I were to lose weight we would not have sleep apnea any more. NOT! My hubby has substantial Central Nervous System apneas and I have some CNS as well; weight will not change CNS.
Evpraxia in the Pacific Northwest USA
Diagnosed: 44 AHI when supine, O2 down to 82%
Treated since 20 Sept 2014:: 0.7 AHI, Settings 7-15, EPR on Full Time at Level 3
Better living through CPAP/APAP machines!
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-25-2014, 12:30 PM)Peter_C Wrote: Wal-Mart big store that sells most anything.

Trike - as in recumbent trike - pedal power this is my last trip of 200 odd miles:
[Image: 2013-05-15GAP_Trip_05-2013013_zpse88f9a38.jpg]

So adding the weight of both a CPAP and battery would be a bit of a pain. You've got the booth idea - being able to squeeze into places 'normal' people don't even think about.

Oh I LIKE that trike! Good for you!
Evpraxia in the Pacific Northwest USA
Diagnosed: 44 AHI when supine, O2 down to 82%
Treated since 20 Sept 2014:: 0.7 AHI, Settings 7-15, EPR on Full Time at Level 3
Better living through CPAP/APAP machines!
Post Reply Post Reply
First of all: really cool trike. And enough luggage to really travel.

Wally World - seriously? I might have to check that out.

Does anyone still make bike generators? I think I had one on my Raleigh 3-speed back around 1970. Horribly ineffective then, and impossible for me to say what modern technology (if any) has been applied since then.

One might hope that the combination of a solar panel + modern bike generator + occasional A/C recharging would be sufficient for the needs of a biking tourist. Engineers on this board, what say you?
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Gross [Treatment] Successful Treatment... Still Significant Struggle TiredTim 0 52 Yesterday, 07:01 PM
Last Post: TiredTim
  weight loss meds with cpap ButtonNoseBarbie 3 153 03-25-2024, 11:23 AM
Last Post: OpalRose
  [Treatment] Lost weight, no doc, can't get my settings right... japesinjapan 9 274 03-21-2024, 01:52 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  Central Sleeping Apnea treatment ivan007 5 212 03-21-2024, 12:52 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  Are these centrals likely to be treatment induced? thesingingchef 2 121 03-21-2024, 12:36 AM
Last Post: thesingingchef
  New to CPAP - Could Use Some Help For Treatment chrotteg 8 281 03-10-2024, 05:51 PM
Last Post: chrotteg
  New user struggling with treatment bsroberts 0 197 03-04-2024, 10:05 PM
Last Post: bsroberts

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.