Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Weight graph in Sleepyhead?
Weight graph in Sleepyhead?
I have a new computer and have the most recent version of Sleepyhead. I still enter my weight daily in the Notes but I don't see the weight graph anywhere. What do I need to do to display that? TIA.
RE: Weight graph in Sleepyhead?
Your weight will show up on the printed Daily Report.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
There are 12 reports in the Daily tab, none of which are weight.
It's not a graph. It's part of the header information (e.g.: name, address, age, weight).
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Under a prior version there was a weight graph, so that's been removed?
Not sure how weight is relevant. Weight will affect your level of SA, sure, but it has nothing at all to do with the therapy. You may need a bit more pressure if your weight is higher to splint open your airway, but since the therapy is usually 100% effective anyway, just achieve the right pressure to get your AHI where it is the lowest, and don't allow weight to become a distraction. Deal with weight only for the reasons you need to, and SA isn't really one of them. Eyes on the prize. I love SH, but if SH asked whether I like to take long walks on the beach, the answer there would probably be just as important to the therapy as is how much I weigh. The only reason to put it in the profile might be to get you to think about it.
Dear Shoes, I know you mean well but I am sure you will not be surprised that your post kind of rubbed me the wrong way. The author of the program felt that weight was important enough to include it in the set of graphs at some point and the program continues to provide a place for weight to be input. Personally, I have found SH to be a tool that helped me make a major move forward in my therapy. The biggest part of that was being able to correlate sleep results to circumstances daily, a big change from talking with my pulmonologist every 4-6 months. And yes, weight plays a part in that.

The increased ability to exercise due to being on CPAP enabled me to loose weight. Having the graph in sheepyhead enabled me to monitor this and keep all my data together. I also do O2 and pulse. I for one do seriously miss it and would like to see it back in the next release after all the work to include it and the Zomby graph has already been done. Seeing that graph decline in magnitude also helped keep me going to the gym during times when I did not feel like it.
I'm confused! I know that you can record your weight in your profile, but I don't recall seeing a weight graph in the previous version, although I can see where it would be a motivator.
Eat-popcorn

OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
(04-15-2015, 05:55 AM)Tom in RI Wrote: Dear Shoes, I know you mean well but I am sure you will not be surprised that your post kind of rubbed me the wrong way. The author of the program felt that weight was important enough to include it in the set of graphs at some point and the program continues to provide a place for weight to be input. Personally, I have found SH to be a tool that helped me make a major move forward in my therapy. The biggest part of that was being able to correlate sleep results to circumstances daily, a big change from talking with my pulmonologist every 4-6 months. And yes, weight plays a part in that.

Of course I mean well. Peace and love; peace and love. I do mean well, and that should not even be in question, or need to be mentioned. So mentioning that you "know I mean well" is a passive-aggressive ploy, which might just have a tendency to rub ME the wrong way. OK, you get a mulligan here, and that's on me. But since we both seem to agree that I "mean well", you being rubbed the wrong way, that's on you.

Lots of words, but none of them explain why weight correlates to a program that simply takes the xPAP data and places it into a GUI, which is all SH does (although it does it quite elegantly and helpfully -- I am a huge SH fan). And, BTW, the xPAP does not measure your weight, nor does it use that in its algorithm to achieve pressure. So there is no "weight" data for SH to interpret in the first place.

Don't get me wrong; weight is something to concern ourselves with. It just has no place or part in SA therapy via xPAP, or in third-hand interpretation of the data. And it would make sense that if folks requested this "weight" feature, that including that could make SH a more comprehensive program for those who can't seem to make the simple distinction between what SH is for and what it is doing, and the other important factors regarding their health that they need to be addressing.

But for anyone motivated to be addressing their health issues it seems like something intelligent people probably don't really need. I would rather have a separation of church and state; goobering up SH with features it does not need or that are not true to what it was designed for and what it does is not something I am in favor of. That anyone needs the extra hand-holding of being reminded what their weight is seems rather pitiful. THAT is what rubs me the wrong way.

Lots of words also explaining why you like SH. I like it for the same reasons. But none of those words explain how or why "weight plays a part in that". Maybe you would like to explain exactly how it does this. It plays a part in overall health, but what does it have to do with SH?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  weight loss meds with cpap ButtonNoseBarbie 3 153 03-25-2024, 11:23 AM
Last Post: OpalRose
  [Treatment] Lost weight, no doc, can't get my settings right... japesinjapan 9 275 03-21-2024, 01:52 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  erratic flow rate graph on ASV normal? jaredihnen 2 254 01-24-2024, 10:30 PM
Last Post: jaredihnen
  How to read the Snore Graph daz2264 0 287 12-30-2023, 03:42 PM
Last Post: daz2264
  Sleep aids or weight gain AlexS3 22 1,315 11-28-2023, 10:43 AM
Last Post: AlexS3
  Lost Red Pressure Graph Line ejbpesca 5 368 11-09-2023, 10:01 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Woke up feeling absolutely awful - OSCAR graph analysis really appreciated new2paphopeful 2 700 10-03-2023, 06:34 PM
Last Post: stevew77

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.