Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Weighted Blankets [Better Sleep?]
RE: Weighted Blankets [Better Sleep?]
Thanks  I've just ordered a 20 lb. one. I'm reassured you say it doesn't get too hot, as that was my main trepidation. I'll update when it gets here and I try it out. Online reviews seem quite positive, FWIW.

Quote:YnM Weighted Blanket (20 lbs, 60''x80'', Queen Size) for People Weigh Around 190lbs | 2.0 Cozy Heavy Blanket | 100% Cotton Material with Glass Beads, Dark Grey

I got it for 
Quote: Order Summary
Item(s) Subtotal:
CDN$ 89.99
Shipping & Handling:
CDN$ 5.54

Total before tax:
CDN$ 95.53
Estimated GST/HST:
CDN$ 0.00
Estimated PST/RST/QST:
CDN$ 0.00

Grand Total:
CDN$ 95.53
from the Canadian version of the site that starts with an "A" and ends with "mazon."  Cool
Post Reply Post Reply
I just have to say this weighted blankie thing is real heavy man.

Coffee
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Sheepish, I looked at your blanket info and had to look again. I thought it said your blanket weighted in at 190 but it's for users weighing 190. Smile
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-13-2020, 03:39 PM)SarcasticDave94 Wrote: Sheepish, I looked at your blanket info and had to look again. I thought it said your blanket weighted in at 190 but it's for users weighing 190. Smile

Hope it's heavy enough. Dont-know I've put on a few as time has gone by...

I'll post results after I've given it a try.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-20-2019, 11:06 AM)Traumer Wrote: Anyone use weighted blankets in addition to their cpap treatment? I've been using the Airfit F20 for over a year and using a weighted blanket and sleep has been pretty great.

I should look into this. I read it's popular among people with autism.
Post Reply Post Reply
My feelings are opposed to weighted blankets. I find that even heavy ordinary bed coverings are unpleasant, though I accept that people have differing preferences. However, I will never buy any sort of weighted blankets, and I do believe it is just a marketing ploy.

TheDuke
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-14-2020, 09:49 PM)TheDuke Wrote: . . . and I do believe it is just a marketing ploy.

TheDuke

I disagree.  My wife and I are members of a dog rescue organization, and we have fostered and adopted out many cairn terriers.  Among those have been some that were quite terrified of summer thunderstorms.  Someone in the rescue group discovered a product called the "Thundershirt", which is essentially a fairly heavy fabric body wrap, secured with velcro.  We tested them out for the rescue, and although the wraps didn't completely cure thunder anxiety for all the dogs, for most they did improve their calmness.  In quite a few cases, the improvement was dramatic.

Yes, humans aren't dogs, but I suspect these weighted blankets work somewhat similarly for people.
A.Becker
PAPing in NE Ohio, with a pack of Cairn terriers
Post Reply Post Reply
Fascinating concept.

i have restless legs and can't bear having anything heavy resting on my feet. My wife has got used to me always untucking the blanket so the pressure on my feet is ok.

I presume it is some form of comfort, a bit like being held.

Watching with interest.
Post Reply Post Reply
A weighted blanket has made my sleep better for me, and I don't have autism. So no, not a marketing ploy, but probably won't benefit many people.
Post Reply Post Reply
Just like almost every other product there is, it's not for everyone. If you feel the need for a weighted blanket, there's enough selections to cover you in your preference of weight, size, and color.

[Image: 1dvhb7c.png?1]
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Just had a sleep study - Central Sleep Apnea with Cheyne Stokes srpmccarthy 3 85 4 hours ago
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
Question INTUS Sleep results, mild sleep apnea or UARS? Chimken 1 77 Yesterday, 02:03 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  [Treatment] Request for Sleep Data review compared to Sleep Study thesingingchef 2 230 03-14-2024, 05:14 PM
Last Post: thesingingchef
  adding sleep report (Wondering whether changing sleep position can "cure" apnea) NewlyDiagnosed 1 264 02-26-2024, 10:19 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  Inconsistent Sleep Patterns and Confusing Sleep Studies - Please Review mperry99 17 1,426 10-14-2023, 04:20 PM
Last Post: mperry99
  [Diagnosis] Sleep deprivation vs sleep apnea - my therapy thread JRNfromAZ 2 842 08-01-2023, 02:43 PM
Last Post: JRNfromAZ
  Sleep apnea and CPAP use and it’s effect on HRV and Sleep Quaility tinyobject 1 1,067 01-21-2023, 10:37 AM
Last Post: Jay51

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.