Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Weighted Blankets [Better Sleep?]
RE: Weighted Blankets
I don’t know, but if I had a weighted blanket, I would probably consider the laundromat.
Some blankets, bedspreads, quilts, etc. are just too bulky to put in a washer.

As far as a weighted blanket and if it would damage a washer...I suppose it depends what it is weighted with? Some have small beads sewn in the blanket. I personally wouldn’t put it in my washer.

Mr Google has a lot of advice...
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Weighted Blankets [Better Sleep?]
Dx with both restless legs syndrome and PLMD disorder along with my mixed Apnea. I have found that a breathable weighted blanket has helped me immensely with my nightly dancing legs. YMMV
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Weighted Blankets
(05-20-2019, 12:09 PM)Mosquitobait Wrote: Weighted blankets have been shown to reduce anxiety in ADHD and autistic children.  There is zero evidence that it does anything for adults, but if you have anxiety, it's probably worth a try.  You might sleep better...maybe.

I’ll have to conduct a study, but maybe it might help adults if it had superhero images on it. A weighted Superman blankie...hmmm
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Dave,
Since advertisers seem to target children with Autism and ADHD, you should have no problem finding a weighted blankie for yourself with any SuperHero image on it.  Lolabove
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
We have a 25lb weighted blanket. The care instructions indicated regular washing on the gentle cycle is fine. We did it in our machine and it worked well.
Post Reply Post Reply
I be ordering one ASAP
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I use a blanket with weight (whether it's a weighted blanket, or a hefty quilt, or a thick comforter). I can't sleep without some sort of weight on me.

I often pull it over my chin, and tuck it next to my CPAP mask, to help keep my mask at the right angle to prevent it from leaking.
Post Reply Post Reply
I recently started using a 15lbs weighted blanket and I love it. I find it stops me from moving around and since I put a pillow at my back to prevent roll over, it also helps to keep the pillow in place. I love the weight of it and I really don't find it to hot, which was my #1 concern as I am generally to warm at night.
Now for the last year I have always had an AHI between 3-5 typically with the Airfit F20 and my sock mod. With the new blanket and more likely, the switch to the Airtouch F20 at the same time, I am consistently getting an AHI of 0.2 to 0.6. 
I have found my winning combination  - Eliminator neck brace(love it), buckwheat pillow(can't sleep without it), weighted blanket(love it) and the my new airtouch F20(finally a mask that works for me).
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-11-2020, 07:36 AM)Kosoku Wrote: I recently started using a 15lbs weighted blanket and I love it. I find it stops me from moving around and since I put a pillow at my back to prevent roll over, it also helps to keep the pillow in place. I love the weight of it and I really don't find it to hot, which was my #1 concern as I am generally to warm at night.
Now for the last year I have always had an AHI between 3-5 typically with the Airfit F20 and my sock mod. With the new blanket and more likely, the switch to the Airtouch F20 at the same time, I am consistently getting an AHI of 0.2 to 0.6. 
I have found my winning combination  - Eliminator neck brace(love it), buckwheat pillow(can't sleep without it), weighted blanket(love it) and the my new airtouch F20(finally a mask that works for me).

Any recommendations on where to get that blanket? Don't post links, but say which stores or sites (without the ".com"), which product(s), which you can name exactly.
Post Reply Post Reply
I bought the YnM weighted blanket(B073429DV2) from Amazon. Product code is the same in the US as here in Canada I do believe. 
I was initially looking at the one from Costco but they are constantly out of stock and I did not want to wait. Only advantage of the Costco one would have been that it does come with a Duvet cover, but that was only an extra 30$  at store below. Disadvantage of Costco is they only sell the 15Lbs one.
I bought a duvet cover from Wal-Mart and my wife re-sewed it to the proper size and added the ties to keep it from bunching up in the cover and it is the absolute best blanket I have ever used. I always loved a heavy duvet but they were to warm. This does not seem to get to warm nor to cold. Just perfect, for me. Also I am around 165lbs so I may switch up to a 20lbs blanket and give this one to my wife, if she wants one, down the road.
Twin Size is good for one person only.

YnM Weighted Blanket (15 lbs, 48''x72'', Twin Size) for People Weigh Around 140lbs | 2.0 Cozy Heavy Blanket | 100% Cotton Material with Glass Beads, Dark Grey
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Treatment] Request for Sleep Data review compared to Sleep Study thesingingchef 2 160 03-14-2024, 05:14 PM
Last Post: thesingingchef
  adding sleep report (Wondering whether changing sleep position can "cure" apnea) NewlyDiagnosed 1 204 02-26-2024, 10:19 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  Inconsistent Sleep Patterns and Confusing Sleep Studies - Please Review mperry99 17 1,360 10-14-2023, 04:20 PM
Last Post: mperry99
  [Diagnosis] Sleep deprivation vs sleep apnea - my therapy thread JRNfromAZ 2 807 08-01-2023, 02:43 PM
Last Post: JRNfromAZ
  Sleep apnea and CPAP use and it’s effect on HRV and Sleep Quaility tinyobject 1 1,011 01-21-2023, 10:37 AM
Last Post: Jay51
  Random nights of short sleep due to several days mounting to too much sleep? CorruptAlligator 2 681 10-19-2022, 09:04 PM
Last Post: Lucid
  Home sleep test vs. sleep study at clinic rikkitikkitavi 14 3,199 02-18-2022, 08:46 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.