Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

couple dumb n00b questions
couple dumb n00b questions
OK. in regards to the pap police, since my machine is still in lease (insurance company requires use of like 20 days/month with at least 5 hours per use) for 3 more months, are they going to cry that i am adjusting my machine on my own?

with this in mind, would you recommend that i shut your machine off for a toilet break/water break/take doggy outside break during the night or just leave it run unattended?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: couple dumb n00b questions
I would turn the machine off, leaving it on might skew the data
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-30-2015, 11:29 PM)aquacifer Wrote: OK. in regards to the pap police, since my machine is still in lease (insurance company requires use of like 20 days/month with at least 5 hours per use) for 3 more months, are they going to cry that i am adjusting my machine on my own?

THEY probably won't even notice that you are adjusting your machine. I am curious about what insurance company and/or DME told you that you have to use your machine at least 5 hours per use (I don't know anyone that takes 5 hour naps....just kidding). They usually watch for 3 months of compliance (with me, they only watched one month because I was compliant all 30 days. The DME tried to tell me I would have to start all over with complaint data because I had a titration study in December and did not use my machine that night of course. I guess that she forgot the guidelines don't say 100% of the time. Medicare guidelines are as follows:

Adherence to CPAP is defined as usage greater or equal to 4 hours per night on 70% of nights during a consecutive 30 days anytime during the first 3 months of initial usage.

with this in mind, would you recommend that i shut your machine off for a toilet break/water break/take doggy outside break during the night or just leave it run unattended?

WHAT zonk said

Post Reply Post Reply
I've found that most DME's (pap police) are only interested in how many hours you use the machine and getting paid. They could care less if your therapy is effective as long as they get paid. It's all about the money for them.
Post Reply Post Reply
If you run a humidifier, that much moist air flowing freely through the tube may produce excess condensation. In some circumstances.
Using FlashAir W-03 SD card in machine. You can download your data through wifi with FlashPAP or Sleep Master utilities.

I wanted to learn Binary so I enrolled in Binary 101. I seemed to have missed the first four courses. Big Grinnie

Stick it to the man, Download OSCAR and take back control of your data!

Thanks Ian. Like I didn't have enough Honey-Do projects to tackle. Mornincoffee
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-30-2015, 11:29 PM)aquacifer Wrote: OK. in regards to the pap police, since my machine is still in lease (insurance company requires use of like 20 days/month with at least 5 hours per use) for 3 more months, are they going to cry that i am adjusting my machine on my own?

Hi aquacifer,
I turn my machine off if I get up. I think you are asking that question because you feel it would add to compliance hours, but it doesn't.

The machine has the capability to know whether the blower is just running or if you are actually using it. The machines can detect every breath you take, therefore there is no breath taken if your not attached to it. There is a difference between blower hours and user hours.

Oh, and there are no Pap Police. DME's only care about compliance so they can get paid. They probably don't notice if you change settings.

OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
turn it off.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  1 Month In - Some Questions rarmstrong26 4 146 Yesterday, 06:45 PM
Last Post: jcp519
  In a quandry over a couple of things... SheShells23 49 852 03-25-2024, 11:01 AM
Last Post: SheShells23
  Juniper's questions juniper 12 267 03-21-2024, 07:40 AM
Last Post: juniper
  New - so many questions Matsu1 4 258 02-25-2024, 10:53 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Dumb Question - Just nervous and want some clarification kc90 5 303 02-09-2024, 10:45 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  A few questions!! Iceracer 2 306 01-19-2024, 07:53 PM
Last Post: Iceracer
  Need Help. Many Questions wkennedy 6 463 12-31-2023, 10:50 AM
Last Post: wkennedy

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.