Today, my CMS-50D+ oximeter went wild. When I started it, and put my finger in, the display went "crazy" and had a distorted display. It showed strange number, and the pulse waveform was very spikey and way too fast.
I thought it might be the batteries, so I changed them, and nothing got better. I left the batteries out for a while, tried again, and no success.
I took the batteries out and left them out for a few hours while running errands. After I put them back in, all was well.
So, if your pulseox goes squirrely on you, take the batteries out for a few hours and see what happens.
Get the free SleepyHead software here
for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
Check the hinge. I've had that happen a few times and the hinge part was off slightly.
Bless its heart, the 50D+ tries but it wasn't built for actual use by real people.
Apnea Board Moderator
Breathe deeply and count to zen.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.