Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Weird CMS-50D+ Oximeter Behaviour
Weird CMS-50D+ Oximeter Behaviour
Today, my CMS-50D+ oximeter went wild. When I started it, and put my finger in, the display went "crazy" and had a distorted display. It showed strange number, and the pulse waveform was very spikey and way too fast.

I thought it might be the batteries, so I changed them, and nothing got better. I left the batteries out for a while, tried again, and no success.

I took the batteries out and left them out for a few hours while running errands. After I put them back in, all was well.

So, if your pulseox goes squirrely on you, take the batteries out for a few hours and see what happens.
Get the free OSCAR CPAP software here.
Useful links.
Click here for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Weird CMS-50D+ Oximeter Behaviour
Check the hinge. I've had that happen a few times and the hinge part was off slightly.

Bless its heart, the 50D+ tries but it wasn't built for actual use by real people.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Pulse oximeter recommendations? p123 15 1,214 03-26-2024, 04:57 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  Looking for wrist oximeter to check O2 storywizard 0 89 03-13-2024, 05:29 PM
Last Post: storywizard
  [Equipment] O2 ring/weird heart rate/no other symptoms jdavis 6 190 03-09-2024, 04:58 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie
Question Oximeter Sensitivity mhjunk525 1 151 03-02-2024, 11:39 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  are there pulse oximeter synced CPAP/Bipap/sleep study devices? bhavintu79 1 202 03-02-2024, 04:53 AM
Last Post: Gep232
  [Health] Pulse oximeter readings while asleep and awake - what do these readings mean? SleepyButHopeful 11 671 02-26-2024, 03:17 AM
Last Post: srlevine1
  Oscar Data. No events flagged but weird flow rate pattern during REM Ynot 53 2,660 02-18-2024, 10:08 PM
Last Post: Ynot

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.