Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Weird WiFi question
Just a month or so ago I finally got a smart phone, one that requires wifi for data. I wanted to use it on Saturday and I was way up at the north end of the big city I live in. In the list of signals, the top two had funny names. They were both password protected in different ways. One claimed to be an FBI surveillance van which I understand is a joke. What was strange though was that when we drove all the way to the other side of town those two signals remained at the top of my list even though others came and went as we passed by hotspots. And now that I'm home, there they are, 2nd and 3rd after my own home network. Does anyone know how this is possible?
Post Reply Post Reply
They were probably added to your list of possible sites to use. That can occur if you tried to connect to them or selected them to see what they were. If you're using an Android system; You can go to the WiFi settings in Settings, tap on the WiFi name and select "Forget" to delete them. If you're using an iPhone, then I have no idea, except to wait for an Apple user to respond.
Apnea Helpful Tips
Post Reply Post Reply
Oh yes, I failed to mention it's an Android phone. Your explanation makes perfect sense because I did click both of them to see what they were. Thank you!
Post Reply Post Reply

*BUT! Other sites I've used or investigated show on the list but with "out of range." These two have remained in range. They are in range now, one with a good signal and one faint.
Post Reply Post Reply
I think for safety's sake I'd remove them from your listings. You have to be very careful of connecting to bogus sites. In large cities it is very common for scammers to setup a bogus site hopeful that you will connect. They can then see your data stream obtaining passwords, bank and/or credit card account numbers.
Apnea Helpful Tips
Post Reply Post Reply
IN GOD WE TRUST, ALL OTHERS WE MONITOR

[Image: NROL-32-patch.jpg]
[Image: 1F4m9Ift.jpg]
Post Reply Post Reply

The general state of software is abysmally bad.

Most likely, it's just poor design or software bugs that didn't clear the list. There may be a way to make it forget everything on the list.
Get the free SleepyHead software here.
Useful links.
Click here for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-16-2015, 12:13 PM)justMongo Wrote: IN GOD WE TRUST, ALL OTHERS WE MONITOR

[Image: NROL-32-patch.jpg]

It's all in the plan !
Big brother will land soon....
Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply
“Paranoia is just the bastard child of fear and good sense."
I use my PAP machine nightly and I feel great!
Updated: Philips Respironics System One (60 Series)
RemStar BiPAP Auto with Bi-FlexModel 760P -
Rise Time x3 Fixed Bi-Level EPAP 9.0 IPAP 11.5 (cmH2O)
Post Reply Post Reply

It sounds like you are the target of the FBI Surveillance Van and it has been following you.
This space for rent.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  WiFi weirdness PaulaO2 19 1,310 05-13-2016, 04:30 PM
Last Post: PaulaO2
  My Neighbor's WIFI Router DariaVader 17 2,943 05-09-2015, 06:17 PM
Last Post: Homerec130