Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Weird dreams and thoughts
RE: Weird dreams and thoughts
(07-13-2015, 05:01 AM)49er Wrote:
Quote:I understand not all of my symptoms can be explained away by OSA, but a majority of them are related. I also understand that no one on this site is a doctor. I appreciate all of the advice I get here. Maybe I will keep my questions to myself as I seemed to ruffle a few feathers, and that was not my intention at all. I'm just new to this whole thing and thought that this would be a place to ask those types of questions.

Dawn, please don't keep the questions to yourself as I think you're are asking some great ones. The advice to consult your doctor is never wrong but as one who has learned from first hand experience, they don't always have the answers as I think this board is well aware. Even if no one can immediately relate to your concerns, you never know who might later read your post and be able to offer the benefit of their experiences with the understanding they aren't doctors. Please keep posting your concerns as we all want to help you get through the tough times you are having.

49er

Thank you 49er. You have been always very supportive of me here and the other forum. I know that people probably get irritated with all my questions, but I have no one else to talk to about this. I do speak with my doctor, but he doesn't have OSA, so his advice is limited to what he's been taught. Where as people here do that's why I felt this was an excellent place to ask.

Thanks again.
Post Reply Post Reply
Mzdawn74,
I read no irritation or "ruffled feathers". I read a lot of thoughtful responses from experienced and caring people taking the time to ponder your complex issues. What TyroneShoes so carefully took the time to articulate is very wise. Sometimes the best advice does not touch the symptom directly but addresses the methodology of attack. When we come to forums where there are unlimited points of view, taking advantage of them is one of the benefits. Interpreting them fairly and wisely with respect to our own issues is the challenge.
I hope you are finding some insights into your sleep apnea therapy here and will feel empowered by the community.
if you can't decide then you don't have enough data.
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-12-2015, 09:03 PM)mzdawn74 Wrote: ...
Secondly, I keep having the issue of congestion in my nose and end up taking the mask off after about 4 hours. Yesterday I managed to wear it for almost 6, so I am making some progress. I have been using the Neilmed sinus rinse and today began using Flonase to help with my allergies. I've tried playing with the humidity, no help there. Any other suggestions?

try adding a small amount of xylitol to your saline spray or buy xlear. It has done wonders for my nasal congestion. I think the xylitol should be 1T per cup of saline, so a little bottle would not get much.
هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه  هههههه
Tongue Suck Technique for prevention of mouth breathing:
  • Place your tongue behind your front teeth on the roof of your mouth
  • let your tongue fill the space between the upper molars
  • gently suck to form a light vacuum

Practising during the day can help you to keep it at night

هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه  هههههه
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-13-2015, 05:08 AM)mzdawn74 Wrote:
(07-13-2015, 05:01 AM)49er Wrote:
Quote:I understand not all of my symptoms can be explained away by OSA, but a majority of them are related. I also understand that no one on this site is a doctor. I appreciate all of the advice I get here. Maybe I will keep my questions to myself as I seemed to ruffle a few feathers, and that was not my intention at all. I'm just new to this whole thing and thought that this would be a place to ask those types of questions.

Dawn, please don't keep the questions to yourself as I think you're are asking some great ones. The advice to consult your doctor is never wrong but as one who has learned from first hand experience, they don't always have the answers as I think this board is well aware. Even if no one can immediately relate to your concerns, you never know who might later read your post and be able to offer the benefit of their experiences with the understanding they aren't doctors. Please keep posting your concerns as we all want to help you get through the tough times you are having.

49er

Thank you 49er. You have been always very supportive of me here and the other forum. I know that people probably get irritated with all my questions, but I have no one else to talk to about this. I do speak with my doctor, but he doesn't have OSA, so his advice is limited to what he's been taught. Where as people here do that's why I felt this was an excellent place to ask.

Thanks again.

new people ask a lot of questions sometimes and we are used to that and generally don't get irritated when it happens. sometimes, we just don't know the answers but like 49er said, keep asking b/c someone may come along and read your post that has experienced what you are.

I have bad dreams sometimes but it isn't due to OSA but is due to some bad experiences. could that be something that could be causing your bad dreams?
Post Reply Post Reply
We love questions - keep 'em coming. As for dreams; I never used to remember my dreams before my therapy. Now I sometimes do. I wish I could go back. My mind is kind of disturbing at times. Bug-eyed
Using FlashAir W-03 SD card in machine. You can download your data through wifi with FlashPAP or Sleep Master utilities.

I wanted to learn Binary so I enrolled in Binary 101. I seemed to have missed the first four courses. Big Grinnie

Stick it to the man, Download OSCAR and take back control of your data!

Thanks Ian. Like I didn't have enough Honey-Do projects to tackle. Mornincoffee
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-13-2015, 11:14 AM)me50 Wrote:
(07-13-2015, 05:08 AM)mzdawn74 Wrote:
(07-13-2015, 05:01 AM)49er Wrote: Dawn, please don't keep the questions to yourself as I think you're are asking some great ones. The advice to consult your doctor is never wrong but as one who has learned from first hand experience, they don't always have the answers as I think this board is well aware. Even if no one can immediately relate to your concerns, you never know who might later read your post and be able to offer the benefit of their experiences with the understanding they aren't doctors. Please keep posting your concerns as we all want to help you get through the tough times you are having.

49er

Thanks again.

new people ask a lot of questions sometimes and we are used to that and generally don't get irritated when it happens. sometimes, we just don't know the answers but like 49er said, keep asking b/c someone may come along and read your post that has experienced what you are.

I have bad dreams sometimes but it isn't due to OSA but is due to some bad experiences. could that be something that could be causing your bad dreams?

I apologize if I came off rude by any means in my earlier post. This sleep deprivation is really messing with my mind as I seem to take everything very personally. I appreciate everyone here and the knowledge they share with me. I learn something new everyday. Thanks

The dreams I have are very weird and just make no sense. They do not apply to me or my life at all. Which is were part of the confusion cones in..I feel like why am I dreaming this crazy stuff? It only happens in the morning after I wake up and try to go back to sleep. Huhsign

(07-13-2015, 09:38 AM)DariaVader Wrote:
(07-12-2015, 09:03 PM)mzdawn74 Wrote: ...
Secondly, I keep having the issue of congestion in my nose and end up taking the mask off after about 4 hours. Yesterday I managed to wear it for almost 6, so I am making some progress. I have been using the Neilmed sinus rinse and today began using Flonase to help with my allergies. I've tried playing with the humidity, no help there. Any other suggestions?

try adding a small amount of xylitol to your saline spray or buy xlear. It has done wonders for my nasal congestion. I think the xylitol should be 1T per cup of saline, so a little bottle would not get much.

Thanks. I will have to see if I can locate those items here in San Diego.
(07-13-2015, 12:07 PM)AlanE Wrote: We love questions - keep 'em coming. As for dreams; I never used to remember my dreams before my therapy. Now I sometimes do. I wish I could go back. My mind is kind of disturbing at times. Bug-eyed

Thank you!
Post Reply Post Reply
What MobileBasset said and then some. Never be afraid to ask questions.

Admin Note:
PaytonA passed away in September 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-13-2015, 12:24 PM)PaytonA Wrote: What MobileBasset said and then some. Never be afraid to ask questions.

Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
I read somewhere's that REM sleep does 'feelings and ideas' consolidation, while SWS does 'facts, procedures' consolidation. REM normally occurs after SWS, SWS usually early in the night (followed by brief REM), and REM in bigger chunks usually later (like early morning). I think you are getting REM dreaming and your brain still wants to "play" some more... these dreams are at best flights of fancy and at worse totally disjoint free-thinking. Such REM dreaming is usually accompanied by near paralysis, [but] in REM disorder some body movement occurs (body plays along).

QAL
Dedicated to QALity sleep.
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-13-2015, 05:01 AM)49er Wrote: ...

Dawn, please don't keep the questions to yourself as I think you're are asking some great ones...

I completely agree. Ruffle away. And I don't think anyone here had their feathers out of place.

We all have to be courageous enough to ask hard questions, as well as courageous enough to give the hard answers. That is more important than someone telling you what you want to hear, which is the easy way out for them, but not really helpful to you. But even a hard answer needs to be given in an environment of support. If it's just a hard answer, it is difficult to know where that might be coming from.

Hang in there, and don't be afraid to reach out.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Weird O2ring issue cps22 0 30 4 hours ago
Last Post: cps22
  [Equipment] O2 ring/weird heart rate/no other symptoms jdavis 6 192 03-09-2024, 04:58 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  Anxiety dreams all night and waking up anxious Clementine39 1 192 02-23-2024, 02:10 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  Oscar Data. No events flagged but weird flow rate pattern during REM Ynot 53 2,664 02-18-2024, 10:08 PM
Last Post: Ynot
  Weird spikes and then I wake up tiredguy1 4 291 02-12-2024, 10:33 PM
Last Post: OpalRose
  ASV machine making weird sound on startup and when mask is disconnected kc90 7 285 02-08-2024, 06:19 PM
Last Post: kc90
  What are your thoughts on dental Daytime Nightime Appliances (DNA)? NoddingHacker 13 2,747 01-24-2024, 05:55 PM
Last Post: Msevcsisin

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.