Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

AHI going up
AHI going up
My AHI has been around 3 and always under five for the last couple of months. Three days ago I took NyQuill for my cold and had an AHI of 5.6, which I assumed had to do with the meds. Next day I felt better, no meds, but AHI of 6.03. Last night, no meds, AHI of 7.68. I figured I must have been breathing through my mouth (this has started to be a problem for me) because I could feel my throat in the morning, but instead I had the lowest leak rate in quite some time. Does this make sense? Is there something I should do or just wait and see?

Here's the overview so you can see how the last three days are different.

[Image: screenshot_20161230_143058.png]
[Image: screenshot_20161230_143143.png]

This is the screenshot from last night. Lots of snoring recorded even though my hubby said he couldn't hear me. Should I post anything else?

[Image: screenshot_20161230_143010.png]

Ugh, sorry, I'll have to use a different site for image posting but this one was easiest (no sign up)
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: AHI going up
Increase your CPAP pressure to 8.5. This is 100% obstructive, and you need to resolve it with a bit more pressure for now. I suspect you may have some inflammation in your airway from coughing or other cold symptoms. This may pass, but for now it is simply a higher degree of airway obstruction.

And doctors wonder why Auto CPAP is a good thing. Rolleyes
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I could use it in auto trial mode for a few days, as I still have 24 days left of that. Thank you, for the tip, I'd prefer the apap but will be stuck with this one for a while.
Post Reply Post Reply
Auto-trial would be a great way to get through this. I have no problem with fixed CPAP, I just think your cold illustrates the reason APAP should be issued to everyone. I know how the system works, and I don't like it. My wife is in the process of getting a machine right now, so the doctor sent the prescription to the supplier without even discussing it. Since it calls for CPAP at 8.0, I know what machine will be issued. So we had to contact the doctor's office to revise the prescription. IMO, there is no point in going to the DME and being offered a CPAP, it just runs counter to everything I "preach" here.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.