Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Weird looking UA's during large leaks
Weird looking UA's during large leaks
This is from last night. Not sure what to make of these UA's during the large leaks. I wear an AirTouch F20, and I have tried adjusting it multiple times, and still get leaks. But I don't feel it leaking anywhere, while I'm awake. My chin strap supposed to keep my mouth mostly shut too.

The night before, when I slept in my recliner, I had NO leaks, which was odd. What is causing these run of UA's? The large leaks?

[attachment=4587]

[attachment=4588]
ResMed AirCurve 10 vAuto
Pressure EPAP min 4.4, IPAP 8.4, IPAP Max 18, PS 4.

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Weird looking UA's during large leaks
First I would lift my min epap up to 7 and then review. I think that will help with the obstructive events. It may need a bit more?
When there is a large leak, the machine can't tell is it's an OA or a CA, so it calls it a UA. The machine doesn't change pressure with a UA, so with the leak, you can get a long line of obstructive UA.

Have you used the mask fit function that blows a high pressure, while you lay down and fit your mask?
Move the mask in circles and twist it to see where it leaks. Open your mouth, does it still seal around your chin?
Do you have facial hair with the f20?

check out the mask fit videos on youtube and the maskfit link in my signature.
mask fit http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ask_Primer
For auto-cpap, from machine data or software. You can set the min pressure 1 or 2cm below 95%. Or clinicians commonly use the maximum or 95% pressure for fixed pressure CPAP, this can also be used for min pressure.
https://aasm.org/resources/practiceparam...rating.pdf
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Weird looking UA's during large leaks
Good advice. I'll follow it tonight. Also during those events, my SpO2 went in wild swings too. Won't raising the min EPAP also raise IPAP considerably?
During the episodes, the machine already had my EPAP at 7.x and IPAP 11.x.

[attachment=4589]
ResMed AirCurve 10 vAuto
Pressure EPAP min 4.4, IPAP 8.4, IPAP Max 18, PS 4.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Weird O2ring issue cps22 20 602 Yesterday, 10:13 AM
Last Post: cps22
  Good cervical collar for large (20 inch) necks Fox66 2 68 04-21-2024, 01:51 PM
Last Post: Fox66
  Evora FFM Phantom Leaks psinderbrand 8 462 04-09-2024, 11:43 PM
Last Post: QT Pie
  [Equipment] Headgear for very large heads NogginOff 5 301 04-01-2024, 12:54 PM
Last Post: Cpapian
  OSCAR flow rate assessment -- mouth leaks, palatal prolapse? manders513 9 378 03-22-2024, 06:16 PM
Last Post: BigWing
  What can I do to stay on my front (positional apnea due to large tongue)? aplacelikethis 1 541 03-18-2024, 10:39 AM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Large Increase in AHI with F20 Mask David milt 3 231 03-13-2024, 07:15 PM
Last Post: HalfAsleep

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.