Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Weird problems falling asleep
RE: Weird problems falling asleep
Hi again eaglett1111, I have found that I can't have anything talking, (radio, Tv, Etc.) so what I do is, I bring up a music stream at night and turn it down very low so I just bearly hear it and I find that helps me. If I have a talkshow on, I have had dreams that voices are coming out of my machine. Of course, everyone is different so what I do might not work for you. Best of luck with your CPAP therapy and keep us posted on your progress.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-12-2012, 08:44 PM)eaglett1111 Wrote: PM sent. Let me know if you don't get it. First time using that feature on this forum.
Got it. Thanks

http://sleepapnea.com/sleep_patients/new...e_FAQ.aspx
http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...CPAP_users

http://www.apneaboard.com/pr-system-one-...structions
Post Reply Post Reply
If you have an iPhone or an iPod Touch, you can try an app called WhiteNoise. I use it on those nights I have to go to sleep (vs staying up until I am sleepy). My bro uses it in hotels when he is on service trips.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
I've just started my CPAPA trial and I definitely find I can't think about anything but my breathing. It is good to know we share these problems. Keep us posted on how you go because I am a few weeks behind you!
Post Reply Post Reply
Welcome

It always makes me chuckle this one, its strange how you lay there feeling the air and listening to it hiss, cant nod off and you start shouting at yourself. Big Grin

The simple solution to this problem is music and Im not talking about rock. Try putting your ipod or mp3 player on with ambient music like forest noises or the sea lapping on the beach. I used rain and rolling thunder, it sent me off in no time and I loved it, really relaxing. Try it you wont be disapointed.

DC
Post Reply Post Reply
I did use the relaxation tape last night. And it worked! I woke up once, and went right to sleep again. Feeling so refreshed this a.m.

This is a real roller coaster. I am not naive enough to assume this will always work for me, but it could. It was truely, i say again, a relief to know I am not an obsessive weirdo, or at least if I am, I am in good company.
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-13-2012, 09:10 AM)eaglett1111 Wrote: I did use the relaxation tape last night. And it worked! I woke up once, and went right to sleep again. Feeling so refreshed this a.m.

This is a real roller coaster. I am not naive enough to assume this will always work for me, but it could. It was truely, i say again, a relief to know I am not an obsessive weirdo, or at least if I am, I am in good company.

Nice to hear it worked, theres loads of free ambient music on line so you can tailor your music to your needs. I found after a while I didnt need it as the wifes snoring sent me to sleep Too-funny

Post Reply Post Reply
Hi again eaglett1111, Good to hear that the relaxation cd worked well for you, hang in there and keep us posted.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Well, now, we ain't sayin' you aren't an obsessive weirdo. But then, you'd fit right in with this crowd.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
(08-13-2012, 06:33 PM)PaulaO2 Wrote: Well, now, we ain't sayin' you aren't an obsessive weirdo. But then, you'd fit right in with this crowd.

Exactly what I meant, Paula!!!Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Weird O2ring issue cps22 12 395 5 hours ago
Last Post: UnicornRider
  Acid problems and pressure build up in mouth Hurdsy 1 67 Yesterday, 10:07 AM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  [CPAP] Trouble staying asleep with CPAP sarahsleeps 46 2,119 04-12-2024, 11:56 AM
Last Post: Jay51
  Improvement after adjustments - still can't stay asleep DKane 0 66 04-12-2024, 09:55 AM
Last Post: DKane
  Anything can be done for baby with breathing problems Ptee8899 2 348 04-09-2024, 05:57 AM
Last Post: OpalRose
  [CPAP] First Post - Can't stay asleep with CPAP DKane 10 337 04-02-2024, 01:41 PM
Last Post: DKane
  Predicting overnight minimum SP02 before falling asleep dfunk 0 103 04-02-2024, 01:24 PM
Last Post: dfunk

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.