Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Welcome to Alaska...er.. I mean Illinois brrr..
Surprised 
Welcome to Alaska...er.. I mean Illinois brrr..
Well, I think it's gonna be much warmer in Alaska than it's going to be here in Illinois this week...

The Wednesday forecast for my area of Illinois is a daytime high of -17 F (-27 C) and a low of -29 F (-33 C).

Dang.    That.    Is.    Really.    COLD!!   Bug-eyed
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

#apneaboard

Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  
RE: Welcome to Alaska...er.. I mean Illinois brrr..
Well make those temps + it's like here. Then again it is summer.
Been a lot of very hot weather this summer.
Post Reply Post Reply
Wow, that's cold. Just one more reason why I'm staying inside. No, it's not that cold here, but it's still bad enough.

Coffee
Dave

I'm not a doctor in real or fictional life. My posts include opinions based upon user experience regarding CPAP therapy and should not be considered medically professional direction or advice. Even a 1,000 mile trip requires a good first step. My recommended first steps include getting good walking shoes, 1 great cup of coffee, and a good GPS.

Wiki Info for Beginners
Sleepyhead Chart Organization
Post Reply Post Reply
+40C in Perth today, so getting a bit warm. We've had a hotter than normal summer through the north-west and central parts of Australia with temps in the high 40s- I think the highest I saw was 49.9. A lot of that heat has moved to the east coast which has had its hottest summer on record.
DeepBreathing
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Bed

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  
I think the polar vortex is centered on Illinois this time. We have a forecast of 11 / -2 for Wednesday and 11 / +4 on Thursday. Cold, but not nearly as dangerous. Be sure to take some hot coffee outside and toss it in the air to watch it instantly become steam.
Post Reply Post Reply
It was 3 degrees here in N.E. Ohio this morning.  

My nephew in Hawaii is complaining that the temperature is only 70.  He says he's cold.  Rolleyes
OpalRose
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your SleepyHead Charts
Using Attachments to Post ScreenShots.
Machine choices

Post Reply Post Reply
Every time I look at the forecast, the projected low keeps taking a dive for Wednesday night...

Now they're saying a low of -35 F (-37 C).

[Image: freezing-face_1f976.png]
SuperSleeper
www.ApneaBoard.com

#apneaboard

Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  
I've heard that it's been very cold out as of late in some areas. 

I had to go out and see for myself, so I went for a motorcycle last Saturday. Clear blue skies and just a bit of a breeze. I got in 150 miles and it was great.  Too-happy-2

Post Reply Post Reply
We took female and male scouts out to the shooting ranges NW of Winterpeg...I mean Winnipeg, MB, in January of 2005.  We had them set up a bivouac of lean-to shelters, but we did have a large canvass cabin-style tent with a wood stove in it in case someone ran into trouble.  I slept out in the open in my army issue artic sleeping bag (two down-filled bags held with several ties, plus a cotton duck liner).  I know from experience that if anything will get cold and keep me awake in such conditions, it being -30 deg C that night, it will be my feet.  So, I know to light a single charcoal pocket warmer, make good 'n sure it will stay lit and that it gets warm, and throw that at the bottom of the sleeping back liner.  Works great.  For about five hours.

We fed 'em piping hot wieners 'n beans for supper.  Never heard a peep out of them all night.  Well, some noises, but most were grateful for the added warmth.
Post Reply Post Reply
Well, it got down to 35 below zero F here on Wed night/Thurs morning....  The packed snow on my driveway was really funny sounding when I walked on top of it, sort of making a squeaking sound, similar to Styrofoam.

Today it's a balmy 13 above... went outside with no coat on to finish up some shoveling for about 30 minutes.  No problem.

By Monday, it's supposed to get up close to 50 degrees above zero. That's a temperature difference of 85 degrees all in 5 day period.

SuperSleeper
www.ApneaBoard.com

#apneaboard

Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Tornado in Illinois me50 9 1,479 07-17-2015, 10:19 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.