Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Well Rested Newbie
RE: Well Rested Newbie
I actually really like the numerical effect of increased pressure, and think you would have done better holding at higher start pressure. Looking at how little the pressure fluctuated, and how much snore relief you got, I am surprised you had such a rotten night.

How is sleep going in the past few nights?

Now that you have sleepyhead to look at, I imagine you'll notice fluctuations night to night.

QAL
Dedicated to QALity sleep.
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm with QAL on this, except I see that your max pressure is set at 12 and your pressure chart clearly shows it hitting that number a couple times, meaning the top pressure number should be raised a bit, maby to 13.

I also am trying to find a happy medium with my settings. As long as you have a lot of snores, Flow limitations and RERA's, you will feel crappy even with a low AHI. There are days, I feel like a truck hit me, and my AHI will be below 1. Sad

I am wondering if The FLEX settings cause the RERA's and FL to rise???
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Over all I am much happier with the 7.5 - 12 settings But still think there's some dialing in to be done. Since the change the sleepyhead stats have been pretty constant - here's last nights summary:

You had an AHI of 0.47, which is considered pretty darn good
You machine was on for 6 hours, 22 minutes and 31 seconds.
You had no major mask leaks (maximum was 4.00 L/min).
Your pressure was under 10.7cmH2O for 95% of the time.

Interestingly, I'd have to say I felt better rested with the initial low starting point of 6, than I do with the 7.5. The starting pressure of 6 was uncomfortable (felt like I was suffocating) but the numbers and how I felt in the morning both support that I had a better result. Still puzzled by this.
Post Reply Post Reply
OR - I went back to no-flex, and I really like it. - QAL
Dedicated to QALity sleep.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-15-2015, 02:31 PM)quiescence at last Wrote: OR - I went back to no-flex, and I really like it. - QAL

QAL,
I tried CFLEX and had more flow limitations and RERA's.
Now back to AFLEX -2 , having less FL and RERA's.

I am going to try to work my way to AFEX 1, then hopefully turn off.
Hope no-flex works out for you. Let me know. Am curious.

OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Just posting an update.. I just had my 60 day doc visit after beginning therapy. I'm supposed to return in a year. The Doc was delighted. He was also interested to learn about Sleepyhead and was impressed with the info available.

This is going well. I'm sleeping about 7 hours a night, AHI hovers around .4 as an average, no leaks, etc and I feel great. Wish I'd done this several years ago.
Post Reply Post Reply
Banana Banana Banana
هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه  هههههه
Tongue Suck Technique for prevention of mouth breathing:
  • Place your tongue behind your front teeth on the roof of your mouth
  • let your tongue fill the space between the upper molars
  • gently suck to form a light vacuum

Practising during the day can help you to keep it at night

هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه  هههههه
Post Reply Post Reply
Two years later and another update... You can pry my cpap out of my cold, dead and well rested fingers!

I wanted to thank everyone on this board for being so supportive when I first started this journey. It was a big change and I was unsure about many things but board members patiently answered questions and coaxed me along. Two years later and I feel great. I sleep soundly every night and have learned to manage with travel and power outages etc. This has been life changing.

Current challenges are more about finding good prices on consumables (nasal pillows) and how to manage to find reasonable water for the tank when traveling (I go to some strange places). I bought a second machine for travel after one was smashed by luggage on the TSA conveyor belt. The broken one was replaced by insurance but there was a 10 day delay in replacement.

I have encouraged a couple of friends to have sleep studies done in the past year after they chronically carped about being tired. They are now using cpaps as well. Sort of makes you wonder how many folks are struggling through tired days without a thought that a solution might be available...
Post Reply Post Reply
Sansnap

You should take your CPAP onto the plane with you as hand luggage. This is allowed over and above the standard allowance.
Sleepyhead in 5 easy steps
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-07-2017, 08:38 AM)Apnea Infant Wrote: Sansnap

You should take your CPAP onto the plane with you as hand luggage. This is allowed over and above the standard allowance.

Yes, I do this. Mine was broken on the conveyor belt at the security check right before my eyes.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Help Lowering a Varying AHI for a Newbie rtkierke 16 382 Yesterday, 05:41 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  newbie looking to get machine dialed in Jpm6179 3 130 03-25-2024, 07:42 AM
Last Post: Jpm6179
  CPAP newbie / OSCAR / study feedback Brad124 4 190 03-23-2024, 08:02 AM
Last Post: Brad124
  Newbie kindly asking for OSCAR analysis ash630 5 203 03-20-2024, 02:08 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] [NEWBIE] I cannot sleep with CPAP colethegamer 11 481 03-06-2024, 10:58 AM
Last Post: colethegamer
  Newbie with extreme swallowing air Burrells5 3 267 02-28-2024, 12:38 PM
Last Post: robbob2112
  Newbie - Can't seem to Fall Asleep with Apap on JoniBean 4 296 02-27-2024, 12:13 AM
Last Post: TechieHippie

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.