Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Well...giving it the second try...
Well...giving it the second try...
After FINALLY curing my ACE-inhibitor-induced coughing (9 months), and at the behest of my spouse...I've decided to plunge into the CPAP world again.

Picked up my machine and mask this morning...same setup as before. (AirSense 10/Amara View)

I'll have to reinstall SleepyHead again.
Brian

"I drank WHAT?" - Socrates
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Well...giving it the second try...
Hey DoubtFire61 welcome back!! Hope you have better luck!
APNEABOARD - A great place to be if you're a hosehead!!  Rolleyes  

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
EVERY ACCOMPLISHMENT BEGINS WITH THE DECISION TO TRY!
Post Reply Post Reply
Welcome back. We're always ready for a re-boot.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-15-2019, 01:20 PM)DoubtFire61 Wrote: After FINALLY curing my ACE-inhibitor-induced coughing (9 months),
Same sensitivity here.  Sad, because Lisinopril was the most effective drug I have ever used in controlling my BP.
Combination including Valsartan is now barely able to maintain 140/90.
-- Rich
Links to Download OSCAR here
OSCAR Installation and Setup

Using Attachments to Post Images on Apnea Board

INFORMATION ON FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
(02-15-2019, 10:04 PM)CB91710 Wrote:
(02-15-2019, 01:20 PM)DoubtFire61 Wrote: After FINALLY curing my ACE-inhibitor-induced coughing (9 months),
Same sensitivity here.  Sad, because Lisinopril was the most effective drug I have ever used in controlling my BP.

Hi Rich,

Seems to be the norm to have to bounce around a couple of drug sets to get something that works for BP that doesn't mess you up. Both of the drugs I started with, Bystolic and Lisonipril/HCTZ have been swapped out for Nifedipine and Losartan/HCTZ.

It's kinda like CPAP ... too many dials to turn to get the best setup.

Brian
Post Reply Post Reply

I also had the same experience with Lisinopril. Worked great for controlling BP, but years of coughing finally outweighed the result.  Bouncing around different medicines now due to the recalls.
Post Reply Post Reply
Welcome back Brian, hope everything works out well this round.

Stan
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-16-2019, 03:18 PM)Thumper68 Wrote:

I also had the same experience with Lisinopril. Worked great for controlling BP, but years of coughing finally outweighed the result.  Bouncing around different medicines now due to the recalls.

I really think the cough from the ACE Inhibitor family are under reported in clinical trials.
WebMD and other online sources show a low percentage, yet my Kaiser doc didn't even question my complaint (and she questions EVERYTHING), and every one of probably 20-30 people I've chatted with in person or online had the same complaint.
For me, it would onset after 2-3 weeks.  After 2 months, it was a severe hacking cough that had people asking if I was ill.
Lisinopril and Enalarpril were the same.
-- Rich
Links to Download OSCAR here
OSCAR Installation and Setup

Using Attachments to Post Images on Apnea Board

INFORMATION ON FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
I started on a 10 mg Lisinopril dose several years ago and briefly experienced the cough. It subsided, and I now use 20 mg without negative effects (cough). Compared to the side effects of other classes of hypertension drugs, I'm getting off pretty easy.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  For anyone who is thinking of giving up on CPAP because of the nuisance...... BigWing 3 374 02-12-2024, 07:04 AM
Last Post: BigWing
  Sleep doctors giving conflicting advice Morgannon 8 825 02-10-2023, 07:41 PM
Last Post: Gideon
Exclaimation Need advice. CPAP is giving me lung issues. Fezdani 11 1,358 12-17-2021, 08:58 PM
Last Post: SakimaStorm
  Giving up on my shiny new F30i Mask S. Manz 28 7,015 08-30-2021, 07:59 PM
Last Post: Big Guy
  Feel like my Pillow isn't giving good therapy...reco to try? tierdal 52 3,292 08-11-2021, 01:44 PM
Last Post: CorruptAlligator
  Finally, SUCCESS after almost giving up on CPAP (retitled) Computerdoc 149 12,153 10-11-2020, 06:15 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  CA after giving birth Chrixy 17 1,590 06-05-2020, 06:45 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.