Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

New Memeber just saying Hi!
RE: New Memeber just saying Hi!
(08-08-2014, 03:25 PM)zonk Wrote: AHI is not the only thing does matter, good mask fit and how you feel matter too
Welcome aboard and good luck

Zonk.
Now that I have had my machine and mask for several weeks I can positively say you are 110% correct. I got my machine with the ResMed air fit P-10 and used that for a week until the mask I really wanted came in. Well over that week I had some rather severe leaks. When I went to the new mask F&P Simplus........no more leaks. well a few but all were down around the 8-12 lph. WAY better that the 30 to 50 lph I had experienced wit the P-10. Im on week 3 with the Simplus and finally had a leak over 24 lph Thursday night. Bottom line - the mask makes the machine usable. Thanks!

(08-08-2014, 04:04 PM)SandysSpot Wrote:
(08-08-2014, 01:28 PM)rjbar46 Wrote: Im actually looking forward to bed time tonight.....how strange.

THIS! It's not strange. I had gotten into the habit of staying up late to minimize the time I'd toss/turn/wake with a headache because no matter what, I'd still feel lousy! Now I look forward to going to bed at a reasonable hour, getting plenty of amazing sleep with minimal tossing/turning. It's wonderful! Enjoy it! Smile

LOL, I have been schooled again!! Thank You!

(08-08-2014, 05:41 PM)Doc J Wrote: Good job and way to be on top of it right off the bat.(BOOM) Most don't try to figure this out until there is a issue and problems. The fact that you knew the machine to get and use the software and are working with the info puts you way ahead of the curve. Keep it up.

I have gone from an AHI of over 120 to under 5 with an occasional 6, I am only experiencing OA between 1 & 3 times per night with 1 being more prevalent -->See SandysSpot's comment above, they nailed it!

(08-08-2014, 06:22 PM)PaytonA Wrote: rjbar46

We will be soon joining you as New Mexicans but we will be up in the Albuquerque area. Welcome to the forum. This is a great place for us somewhat off center hoseheads.

Best Regards,

PaytonA

Welcome to NM. Albuquerque is a really great city - just don't p*** off the cops (really!). Im now getting ready to move to Japan in a few months!

(08-08-2014, 06:46 PM)ImaSurvivor Wrote: Welcome to the forum rjbar46. Good job getting on board so quickly and you have a great outlook. That is half the battle. As Doc J mentioned ... to have a great machine and sleepyhead downloaded already is a really good start. Keep lurking. Glad to have you here.

Thank you! I will/have been lurking and learning even more.

Thanks to all - and to all.............well you know the rest! :-)
Post Reply Post Reply

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.