Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

HDM Releases Silencer for Z1 Auto
HDM Releases Silencer for Z1 Auto
HDM recently released the QTube, which reportedly fixed the noise issues. Personally I'm not happy with HDM in that those of us that purchased the Z1 Auto in good faith that it was as quite as advertised and that it was not. Now HDM wants us to purchase the Qtube for $34.95 to fix the issue that should have been fixed prior to release of the Z1 Auto. Why would they release an inferior product and take the heat from disgruntled purchasers? They also apparently recently removed their discussion board where they had many Z1 Auto complaints. I will NOT recommend their products if they continue treating their customers poorly. DO NOT PURCHASE HDM PRODUCTS!!
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: HDM Releases Silencer for Z1 Auto
Good to know they finally came out with a muffler. Is it sold as an accessory to new units, or is it included?
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
The Z1 Auto is going to be tested in Switzerland over the next few months, and any and all input from Z1 and Z1 auto users will deeply appreciated- should they pass the tests and are allowed to be sold here, it will come not only from the feedback of the test subjects but from your wonderful help as well. Because of the vagaries of Swiss medical permits, aspects of the Z1 package may not all be passed together (the humidification filter, for instance, may (or may not) have to go through a separate licensing procedure), and any input you may have as to the various parts that make up a useful system will be of great help. I shall watch for all the comments on the Z1 and the Z1 Auto, including customer service problems, and pass them on.

One of the big buggeries here will be the price point - it is estimated it will sell for 2k, over a thousand more than in the US. Welcome to Switzerland, or as I prefer to call it, Ferengi Prime. If they can gouge you, they will.
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-27-2015, 03:19 PM)Lakeranger Wrote: HDM recently released the QTube, which reportedly fixed the noise issues. Personally I'm not happy with HDM in that those of us that purchased the Z1 Auto in good faith that it was as quite as advertised and that it was not. Now HDM wants us to purchase the Qtube for $34.95 to fix the issue that should have been fixed prior to release of the Z1 Auto. Why would they release an inferior product and take the heat from disgruntled purchasers? They also apparently recently removed their discussion board where they had many Z1 Auto complaints. I will NOT recommend their products if they continue treating their customers poorly. DO NOT PURCHASE HDM PRODUCTS!!
I believe that my last post to the forum on the HDMUSA board was the once that convinced them to remove the entire "noise" forum. It was strictly factual but very direct. It seems that they had a "beta tester" testing a prototype of the QTube since last November, about 2 months before they releases the Z1-Auto to the general public. Hence - they knew of a noise issue prior to releasing the product.

They sell the QTUBE for about $35. It silences the "rush" of air, but not the whining sound that accompanies breathing in. The improvement was enough to convince my wife to stay in the room at night.

You have to purchase a Qtube™ Replacement Kit for $5.99 every 2 weeks. If you add that the to cost of the Z1™ Heat/Moisture Exchanger (HME) which is $5.95 every 7 days. Total supplies comes to $465 PER YEAR.

I purchased one and did not request my refund until it was too late so I'm stuck with it. I'll use it sparingly and only when I travel.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  AirMini Silencer WITH the AirMini Mask? bonedaddy 0 424 01-16-2024, 10:42 PM
Last Post: bonedaddy
  Auto BiPAP fixed PS vs Auto PS - pros and cons? Stubert 5 583 01-09-2024, 02:29 AM
Last Post: Stubert
  Dry mouth with Resmed 11 auto, not with S9 auto? pumpkln 3 596 09-13-2023, 12:46 PM
Last Post: eok361
  Breas Z2 Auto Portable Auto-CPAP Machine Package kbingel 9 2,999 08-18-2023, 07:10 PM
Last Post: Txgeodigger
  [Equipment] Anyone aware of new CPAP machine releases soon? KeyMasterOfGozer 16 2,180 07-13-2021, 12:12 AM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  auto turn on is off? (oooh, auto turn on...!) hegel 10 2,217 05-23-2020, 12:17 PM
Last Post: Hydrangea
  Dreamstation Auto SV VS Resmed Aircurve 10 ASV auto EPAP RLSdss 3 1,836 12-20-2019, 09:54 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.