Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Nasal congestion FFM waking me up
Nasal congestion FFM waking me up
AHI low with APAP, starting to sort of feel close to human some mornings again; severe brain fog getting a little better.  However, severe nasal congestion keeps waking me up after 5-6 hours when I can't breathe (and I can't seem to get back to sleep afterward -- seems to take me walking around a while to clear out the nasal blockage).  I can't seem to make myself breathe through my mouth using the FFM, I tend to not open my mouth much when I sleep (wear a mouth guard).

Using an Airfit F30 (very comfortable, stays in place), using DreamStation with the humidifier on 5 & heated hose on 4, Xlimelts, Neil-Med nasal wash 3 hours before bed (as it can cause post-nasal drip), and Rx Azelastine[url=https://medlineplus.gov/druginfo/meds/a697014.html][/url] nasal spray 1 hour before bed.

Any thoughts?

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Nasal congestion FFM waking me up
Is a full face mask a requirement for you? Nasal pillows type trend to blast through the congestion for most users. Have you considered a ResMed P10?
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  SleepHQ O2 Ring Alarm waking me up MurrayApnea 1 158 9 hours ago
Last Post: G. Szabo
Question [CPAP] Can't get to the bottom of my congestion. Yeliad 3 218 04-16-2024, 10:54 PM
Last Post: Yeliad
  Flow Limit and frequent waking issues Premier1991 3 195 04-15-2024, 08:07 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Gross Waking up anxious Gailofiowa 3 112 04-09-2024, 08:10 AM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
Angry Waking Up with CPAP, Not Getting Full Nights Rest. What Settings to Change? xgrea40 3 325 04-01-2024, 11:40 AM
Last Post: jcp519
Sad [Treatment] 10 Months In and Still Waking Up After 4 to 5 Hours Burnsy 3 395 03-14-2024, 11:37 AM
Last Post: Burnsy
  [CPAP] Persistant night waking - Oscar results help please philjones 0 209 03-07-2024, 05:39 PM
Last Post: philjones

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.