Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Went overnight with mask almost 8 hours, slept most of it
Went overnight with mask almost 8 hours, slept most of it
Masked up at 10 p.m. and it took me over an hour to fall asleep (lots of leaks). woke around 1 a.m., fixed leaks, went back to sleep. Woke again at 5:48 a.m. Haven't read my SD card yet so I don't know how bad the leaks are yet. But this was a first for me to keep the mask on for nearly 8 hours. Could be placebo effect but I feel kind of okay this morning.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Went overnight with mask almost 8 hours, slept most of it
Hi ellen1159,
It's good to hear that you have managed to sleep with your mask on all night, give or take a few leak fixes.
Just keep on hangin' in there with it.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Yay! Hopefully this is the start of continued success, Ellen1159 Smile
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-20-2013, 07:09 AM)ellen1159 Wrote: Masked up at 10 p.m. and it took me over an hour to fall asleep (lots of leaks). woke around 1 a.m., fixed leaks, went back to sleep. Woke again at 5:48 a.m. Haven't read my SD card yet so I don't know how bad the leaks are yet. But this was a first for me to keep the mask on for nearly 8 hours. Could be placebo effect but I feel kind of okay this morning.

Ellen, have you tried mask liners to reduce the leaks, you can either buy them over the net or I can give you the instructions to make them fairly cheaply, also, I suggest having the mask coming from above your head may help, either over your bed head if you have one or you can buy or make one.
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-20-2013, 04:22 PM)Tez62 Wrote:
(08-20-2013, 07:09 AM)ellen1159 Wrote: Masked up at 10 p.m. and it took me over an hour to fall asleep (lots of leaks). woke around 1 a.m., fixed leaks, went back to sleep. Woke again at 5:48 a.m. Haven't read my SD card yet so I don't know how bad the leaks are yet. But this was a first for me to keep the mask on for nearly 8 hours. Could be placebo effect but I feel kind of okay this morning.

Ellen, have you tried mask liners to reduce the leaks, you can either buy them over the net or I can give you the instructions to make them fairly cheaply, also, I suggest having the mask coming from above your head may help, either over your bed head if you have one or you can buy or make one.

Actually, I've tried a couple of fleece liners (I got them from Pad-a-cheek) and I've had trouble making the hole large enough to breathe comfortably yet not so large that it defeats the purpose. I have an extra one I might try using again, especially if the leaks are bad again tonight. I don't have a headboard so the hose just lies on the bed next to me.

Post Reply Post Reply
a journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step
Congrats
Post Reply Post Reply
Ellen, I can share your "woohoo" moment this morning. Trying a new mask here and, in my case, first night in a while I've been able to sleep without being awoken by a blast of air from a nasty leak. I know one night does not mean it wasn't a fluke, but hopefully we're both starting a new run of good sleep Smile
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-22-2013, 08:31 AM)PsychoMike Wrote: Ellen, I can share your "woohoo" moment this morning. Trying a new mask here and, in my case, first night in a while I've been able to sleep without being awoken by a blast of air from a nasty leak. I know one night does not mean it wasn't a fluke, but hopefully we're both starting a new run of good sleep Smile

Mike, congratulations! I use the Quattro FX full face mask and last night used a fleece Pad A Cheek liner. I noticed that my large leaks went way down to almost nothing, but during the last half hour I had the mask on I was awake and getting a blast of air near my left eye and the mask was making a shrill squeaking noise. For whatever reason, that didn't show up on my data as a large leak.

Unfortunately, either due to anxiety, or the medication I've started to help with said anxiety, I'm not sleeping through the night, and I woke up about two hours after going to bed. Not sure how long I was awake. I've been registering more CA's than OA's since I started using the maks but since I'm awake a lot and fiddling with straps, these might not be true central apneas but fact that I"m awake and moving around.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Sad [Treatment] 10 Months In and Still Waking Up After 4 to 5 Hours Burnsy 3 281 03-14-2024, 11:37 AM
Last Post: Burnsy
  Still Only Sleeping 4-5 Hours Most Nights AustinSV 5 248 03-12-2024, 08:49 PM
Last Post: Plmnb
  Big Gap In Readings - Hours of use too short an4g745 12 470 03-01-2024, 06:50 PM
Last Post: an4g745
  Slept fully twice in 3 months since starting CPAP for CSA redking2436 13 669 02-18-2024, 08:30 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Total machine use hours? milogurd 1 277 02-03-2024, 04:00 PM
Last Post: Nightynite
  Why do I wake up after a few hours sleep? John Reston 6 490 01-28-2024, 02:56 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Question Consistently Waking Up After ~3 Hours on CPAP sammyg7241 2 439 01-20-2024, 04:16 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.