Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

S-10 Auto Set Stop Auto Shutoff
S-10 Auto Set Stop Auto Shutoff
My S10 Auto set stop shutting off for over 2 weeks.  I have to shut it off manually.  I cannot find the settings in "My Options" to check the Auto turn off.  Nowhere in the screen.  It did prompted me to replace the filter, which I did.

Thanks,
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: S-10 Auto Set Stop Auto Shutoff
Go into the clinic menu by holding the home button a large control button in at the same time for 3-5 seconds. Make sure Essentials is set to Plus. Than make sure Smart Start is set to ON. Also make sure your mask setting is correct.
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks.  All settings according to your direction are correct.  I will reset all settings later today and see if that will work.

Thanks again,
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-18-2018, 07:23 AM)duyos Wrote: Thanks.  All settings according to your direction are correct.  I will reset all settings later today and see if that will work.

Also make sure your mask is set to Pillows.
Post Reply Post Reply
The A10 will not auto stop with the pillows at pressure of 7 or less. From the clinician's manual, pg 32:

Problem= SmartStart is enabled, but the device does not automatically stop when the patient removes their mask

Incompatible mask being used. Only use equipment recommended by ResMed.
Contact ResMed or see http://www.resmed.com for more
information.
If the patient is using a nasal pillows mask with set pressure
less than 7 cm H2O, SmartStart will not work and should be
disabled.
Coffee

Happy Pappin'
Never Give In, Never Give Up

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. 
Post Reply Post Reply
Yes. Mask set to Pillows.  It has worked since day one.  Just stopped a couple of weeks ago.

Thanks!
Post Reply Post Reply
I have used the same nasal pillows mask for years with the S10 and previous S9 which is Resmed Swift FX.  This problem just started happening two weeks ago.  It has always shut off seconds after taking it off.

Thanks,
Post Reply Post Reply
Could your filter be plugging up and limiting flow?
Post Reply Post Reply
Filter was replaced as soon as the S10 prompted replacement.

Thank you for your response.
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-18-2018, 02:31 PM)duyos Wrote: I have used the same nasal pillows mask for years with the S10 and previous S9 which is Resmed Swift FX.  This problem just started happening two weeks ago.  It has always shut off seconds after taking it off.

Thanks,

This is a suggestion you might want to try - Set the pressure to 7 /20 instead of 5/20. See if that allows the CPAP to turn off.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Any experiences with BMC M1 Mini travel Auto CP?AP DrJelly 4 669 03-15-2024, 01:18 PM
Last Post: DrJelly
  [CPAP] ResMed Air Sense 10 Auto Off Problem Buddie43 19 26,321 03-05-2024, 10:50 PM
Last Post: Ailyhsaun
  Airsense 11 Auto and insurance compliance and data reporting to sleep doctor sausagesrolex 1 242 03-01-2024, 11:59 PM
Last Post: an4g745
Question Just given a Phillips Dreamstation 2 the same day Phillips agrees to stop selling Montacute 39 1,464 02-09-2024, 11:54 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Question Any tips to stop strap riding up on N30i mask BobbieM 37 6,534 02-08-2024, 06:25 PM
Last Post: stevew168
  Resmed airsense 10 auto set card to cloud chronic 4 389 02-02-2024, 01:23 PM
Last Post: chronic
  My inspiratory time is higher than expiratory on Auto S Bipap Stubert 3 378 02-01-2024, 09:27 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.