Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

What ASV machine should I get?
What ASV machine should I get?
Tonight I go for another sleep study to be titrated on an ASV machine and I'm wondering what machine I should ask my Dr to prescribe?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: What ASV machine should I get?
The ASV is a Cadillac machine. Both the Phillips Respironics and the ResMed are good machines.
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you for the response.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Nyre,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Good luck to you at your ASV titration.
Resmed and Respironics are comperable machines.
Hang in there for more suggestions and much success to you.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
I started on the Resmed Aircurve 10 ASV 2 weeks ago and have had great results with it. I have not had a problem at all adjusting to the ASV.
Post Reply Post Reply
Welcome to the forum Nyre.

Both the Resmed and Philips Respironics are good machines, but have a very different "feel". Some people love one and hate the other, so try them both if possible, over a week or so each. The PR is more tweakable while the Resmed does a lot more in software and has limited manual adjustments.

FWIW I have the Resmed S9 VPAP Adapt and love it. I couldn't adapt to the PR machine.
Post Reply Post Reply
I just got the ResMed Aircurve 10 ASV. So far its been great. I've found it easy to get used to, but I've been on cpap for the past 5 years. The machine I had prior was a respirionics. I like the ResMed better....... That's my 2 cents.
SleepLurker
STOP THE SNORE !!!!!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Exclaimation CPAP Machine Choices - read this before you accept a new machine SuperSleeper 283 262,141 11-10-2023, 10:24 AM
Last Post: robbob2112
  machine died! Now new doctor and new machine Bjazzman 17 6,788 09-05-2022, 09:07 PM
Last Post: NValtman11
  [CPAP] Using SoClean Machine with CPAP Machine ronald1810 4 1,319 06-01-2022, 10:18 PM
Last Post: Sleepster
  Pin from power plug stuck in machine ResMed cpap machine B10576 12 6,753 04-08-2018, 08:24 PM
Last Post: Hellodare
  Forgot to put card back in machine, is there a way to copy it from machine to card? Marnid2014 6 6,248 04-06-2014, 08:54 PM
Last Post: PaulaO2

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.