Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Poll: How many hours of sleep do you get each night/day?
This poll is closed.
Less than 4 hours
1.79%
1 1.79%
4 to 6 hours
14.29%
8 14.29%
6 to 8 hours
64.29%
36 64.29%
More than 8 hours
19.64%
11 19.64%
Total 56 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

How Long Do You Sleep?
RE: How Long Do You Sleep?
Weeknights I typically get ~ 7 hours. On occasional nights when I have trouble getting to sleep is more like 5-6 hours, even though I am masked up for full 7 hours. Weekends (when I can sleep in) 8-9 hours. I never need to get up in the night since beginning CPAP.
Post Reply Post Reply
7-9 hours. I am fortunate that I almost never have to set the alarm for waking, so it varies. My ideal sleep is about 8 hours, any more and I can feel groggy in the morning, any less and I feel sleep-deprived. I really HATE waking to an alarm, so setting it to help "guarantee" 8 hours isn't an option for me.

I still need about a half-hour nap around 3:30 p.m. no matter how much I sleep. I guess it's a well-ingrained habit, left over from the pre-CPAP days when I was always tired.
Kathi D.
Post Reply Post Reply
I've always had problems sleeping, ever since I was little. If I'm really exhausted I might sleep for eight hours, but it's rare. It's normally 4 - 6 hours.
Post Reply Post Reply
i sleep about 7 hours with cpap machine. I don´t wake up to pee at night (before cpap machine, i used to go to bathroon 2 or 3 times)
Post Reply Post Reply
Case in point - I meant to get up at 10AM. Alarm set and everything. Never heard the alarm and woke at 3PM. Roughly 13hrs of sleep - damn new meds - either I don't sleep at all, or I sleep for 12-14hrs.
*I* am not a DOCTOR or any type of Health Care Professional.  My thoughts/suggestions/ideas are strictly only my opinions.

"Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you. Jesus Christ and the American Soldier. One died for your Soul, the other for your Freedom."
Post Reply Post Reply
Dang, Peter, I don't think I've ever slept that much! On those rare occasions where I slept more than 7 hours I usually wake up with a splitting headache. What does your body feel like after getting that much sleep? Huhsign
Post Reply Post Reply
I sleep 6.5 to 8.5 hours, averaging about 7.5. But it is fragmented, I wake up four to six times during the night. The fewer times I wake up the better I feel the next day. But the longer I sleep the better I feel also.
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-30-2014, 11:01 PM)PollCat Wrote: Dang, Peter, I don't think I've ever slept that much! On those rare occasions where I slept more than 7 hours I usually wake up with a splitting headache. What does your body feel like after getting that much sleep? Huhsign

Rested. 2 Hours sleep last night out of 5hrs in bed - now I feel tired.
*I* am not a DOCTOR or any type of Health Care Professional.  My thoughts/suggestions/ideas are strictly only my opinions.

"Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you. Jesus Christ and the American Soldier. One died for your Soul, the other for your Freedom."
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Treatment] Request for Sleep Data review compared to Sleep Study thesingingchef 2 166 03-14-2024, 05:14 PM
Last Post: thesingingchef
  adding sleep report (Wondering whether changing sleep position can "cure" apnea) NewlyDiagnosed 1 209 02-26-2024, 10:19 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  Long story short chronic 5 384 02-18-2024, 03:43 PM
Last Post: chronic
Sad [Treatment] Long term user, but still tired Bleached 2 561 02-14-2024, 03:11 AM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  [Treatment] Aerophagia + Long Sleep Times jambo99 1 216 02-07-2024, 09:56 AM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  Long time CPAP user, first time here. Any insight is appreciated! TwoFistedWonderBrain 7 616 02-06-2024, 02:21 PM
Last Post: TwoFistedWonderBrain
  Long time CPAP user still fatigued enigmatic 101 6,817 12-02-2023, 01:46 AM
Last Post: enigmatic

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.