Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

What Comes Next if Bipap & CPAP's Don't work
RE: What Comes Next if Bipap & CPAP's Don't work
(10-03-2018, 12:58 PM)Diane Rawn when I put the card in it starts to load but asks \what folder' and then takes me to choose. I've tried various ones .. this last time I chose 'D drive' re card but when I went back to sleepyhead site it said "the instuctions at Ox0000000000 referenced memory at 0x000000000. The memory could not be read "  Previously I didn't have to do that so I am confused... I guess I'll have to wait. Wrote:
(10-03-2018, 11:13 AM)Diane Rawn Wrote:
(10-03-2018, 10:14 AM)Sleeprider Wrote: The SD card can be uploaded to Sleepyhead without any affect on remote monitoring or results.  Be sure to create a user profile for him, (File/ change user), Upload the data, then reinsert the card back in his machine.  We will be able to tell you what is going on and get his doctors back on track.

Sorry what do you mean to create a user profile... I already have him set up.... ?

I put his memory card in and for some reason now I'm getting an error code. Maybe because of different 'temporary bipap' but I tried to revise the profile... At this point I'm confused to say the least (Thanks for trying to help) maybe you will be successful ?
Post Reply Post Reply
Try creating a new profile. SleepyHead was written with one CPAP per profile in mind.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-03-2018, 05:22 PM)Crimson Nape Wrote: Try creating a new profile.  SleepyHead was written with one CPAP per profile in mind.

I have loaded up to 3 different machines into a single profile with no problem.  I'm getting the idea that her computer may not be recognizing the SD card, or maybe the drive letter is not being properly put in.  With the SD card in her machine, the first thing I would do is identify the SD card drive using something like Explorer, and verify the card can be read.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-03-2018, 05:22 PM)Crimson Nape Wrote: Try creating a new profile.  SleepyHead was written with one CPAP per profile in mind.

I tried to do that... I'm going to have to examine closely again.... thanks for trying to help..... Regarding the card being able to be read... I'm not really sure how to do that but I'll see ....  It was put in though, the right way... I'll double check everything ..... thanks again
Post Reply Post Reply
When the SD card is inserted in the computer, it should be displayed as an additional drive in your directory listings. Like Sleeprider said, check this to see if it is actually being recognized.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

Post Reply Post Reply
Valid point there on "if" the SD shows as a drive. My card reader died silently a few months ago. So it is something that can happen.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
You can manually assign a letter to a label-less drive in BIOS, but I won't even go there with you, it's something someone would have to do on-site.

1. If you still have issues reading the card, I'd suggest you either go to a pc hardware repair shop and ask them to clone the cd card onto a new one, or...

2. Alternatively you can buy a new sd card, replace the one in the machine and start recording from today onto the new card. At the end you can give both cards to the doctor.(once you have saved his data in sleepyhead.

3. You can also try and make an .iso of the sd card and install something like Virtual CloneDrive, which is a program that pretends its a real drive, then you load the sd card .iso by double clicking it. Then you should be able to read the data off the 'fake' drive with sleepyhead.

I suggest number 2.
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-03-2018, 07:12 PM)Diane Rawn   I really appreciate all those who have tried to help me. I\ve tried what I could but I guess I'm just confused at this point. All I know is that through the ResMed My Air which is what he is being monitored on right now... and I can check it; my husband is still having anywhere from 25 to last night 46.9 AHI per hour.  So I'm wondering when we go to the Sleep Doctor on the 22nd I'm wondering if there is nothing else they can do. I don't know what his 02 was because the oximeter was just borrowed from the Pharmacy for one night but whenever I checked it was not really low... maybe 91 or 92 so they likely won't suggest supplemental oxygen. I guess we'll just have to wait and see.... thanks again Wrote:

I tried to do that... I'm going to have to examine closely again.... thanks for trying to help..... Regarding the card being able to be read... I'm not really sure how to do that but I'll see ....  It was put in though, the right way... I'll double check everything ..... thanks again
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-03-2018, 10:01 AM)E.W. Wrote: A couple of us have found using a cheep cervical collar may help by keeping the neck a little straighter.
When I use mine my AHI is in the 2 to 5 range but without it I may hit 12 .

I would say that a good number of us have found a cervical collar to be helpful. I have recently moved to the Caldera "Releaf" and find it to be most comfortable, both in fit and fabric. (Dr. Dakota was too short for me -- vertically, from chin to chest.)
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-04-2018, 10:33 PM)Diane...  I will check about that .. thanks Wrote:
(10-03-2018, 10:01 AM)E.W. Wrote: A couple of us have found using a cheep cervical collar may help by keeping the neck a little straighter.
When I use mine my AHI is in the 2 to 5 range but without it I may hit 12 .

I would say that a good number of us have found a cervical collar to be helpful. I have recently moved to the Caldera "Releaf" and find it to be most comfortable, both in fit and fabric. (Dr. Dakota was too short for me -- vertically, from chin to chest.)
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Tech Nerds-think this battery setup will work for Transcend Micro? johnbrain 7 115 Yesterday, 10:29 AM
Last Post: johnbrain
  Which biPAP? HalfAsleep 9 259 03-14-2024, 09:04 AM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  are there pulse oximeter synced CPAP/Bipap/sleep study devices? bhavintu79 1 204 03-02-2024, 04:53 AM
Last Post: Gep232
  CPAP to BiPAP... Korndog 22 1,188 02-19-2024, 09:04 AM
Last Post: Korndog
  Lowenstein Prisma 20A - how can I work out energy usage for camping? JamesD0079 4 628 02-15-2024, 04:16 PM
Last Post: JamesD0079
  bipap Innisfree 2 422 12-12-2023, 07:00 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  CPAP to BiPAP transition and pressure settings ttodd 4 679 11-27-2023, 11:06 AM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.