Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Diagnosis] Massive bradypneas, scared
RE: Massive bradypneas, scared
Hi all,

Some update, I migrated to Resmed VPAP S/T 2 days ago, but for now I am only using S mode and am still in the midst of finding the adequate IPAP and EPAP.

In the meantime, I have just ordered a Contec CMS50F Wrist-worn Pulse Oximeter, that I will start using as soon as I receive it.

I will do all the tests in S mode only, once I am sure the IPAP/EPAP are good.

Is there a better way to proceed ?

Cheers

Thibault
Post Reply Post Reply
Just keep feeding back some data and we will offer any suggestions. It seems things are working well compared to CPAP. Remember S mode is fixed bilevel with no backup rate.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-27-2018, 08:10 AM)Sleeprider Wrote: Just keep feeding back some data and we will offer any suggestions.  It seems things are working well compared to CPAP.  Remember S mode is fixed bilevel with no backup rate.

Sure, I actually want to start in S mode not to fake any info, and be able to find the right EPAP first, then IPAP.

Once this is done and I know I can't improve my AHI anymore, I will move to ST as a security. Yesterday night, I had 1h of hypoventilation. I wonder if it is because I was extremely tired by all my panic attacks and the fact that I slept only 4h the night before, as well as the fact that I slept 10h at one go yesterday, hence too many REMs sleeps leading to muscles way too loose ? lol
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi All,

Just to give you an update: I went to see another neurologist this morning for a 2nd opinion, because the 1st one sucks.

I feel very comfortable with this 2nd neurologist.
He sent me straight to do a brain MRI with contrast. Results on monday... So I will wait his diagnosis, but he started implying OHS, CHS, and discussing about Ondine's Curse.

Anyway, we will know more on Monday. Wait and see...

Thibault
Post Reply Post Reply
Best of luck. I hope all works out well with your new neurologist.
Useful Links
Download OSCAR
Organize your OSCAR and SleepyHead charts
Attaching images and files to posts

Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  15-minute periods of massive events (OSCAR pics included) nicholasb600 2 178 03-14-2024, 09:42 AM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  [CPAP] Massive leakage with new P30i unlockingsleep 2 258 02-25-2024, 03:14 AM
Last Post: fsdx2004
  Massive O2 saturation drop last night... SufiMindtricks 8 887 09-26-2022, 01:33 PM
Last Post: mesenteria
  [Symptoms] I'm scared. Am I at risk of death? Or is my pulse oximeter acting up? 444stranger444 5 834 08-04-2022, 04:06 AM
Last Post: Gideon
  Complex Apnea Diagnosis--VERY SCARED ColdHands 11 1,299 10-22-2021, 06:50 PM
Last Post: readingteacher
  i just had a massive battle in s9 autoset last night kaywai 7 926 02-22-2021, 12:13 PM
Last Post: kaywai
  Just got diagnosed, a bit scared, how bad is it? SufiMindtricks 14 1,588 01-06-2021, 09:38 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.