Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

What Data does the DME and Doctor receive from a machine?
What Data does the DME and Doctor receive from a machine?
Does anyone know exactly what the DME company and Doctor see when data is sent to them from the data capable machine?

Do they only see something like the AHI score and the amount of time I actually use it for compliance? Or does he actually see the type of machine, whether the pressure settings are what he ordered, total amount of Centrals, RERA's, Obstructive's, etc... all the graphs and amount of info we see on SleepyHead?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: What Data does the DME and Doctor receive from a machine?
Hours used and basic AHI information. You have more info using sleepyhead then they do.
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
They see what they want to see. In most cases only compliance data and AHI. I don't think the detailed data is transmitted and will not be looked at unless there is a concern, and the doctor is concerned enough to investigate. Even with the ResScan and DME software the graphic resolution of Sleepyhead is unique to that software.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Can they tell if I change my pressure settings? And can they tell if I switch from Spontaneous to Auto BiLevel?
Post Reply Post Reply
Yes. If they are looking, the settings are transmitted.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I can tell you the DME knows when changes occur. Mine jumped all over me when I had made minor changes to settings and needed to exchange equipment. 
I’m assuming they could share that knowledge with the Dr. but don’t have evidence to back that assumption up.
Post Reply Post Reply
I've changed settings and never had any response from the Dr. or DME. I don't think most bother to look at any data other than compliance hours.
Download OSCAR

Organize Charts
Attaching Charts

Mask Primer
Soft Cervical Collar

Post Reply Post Reply
I'd agree with what Melman states, and have found it true in my case as well. When I first received my ASV, I edited the settings over the course of a few weeks for optimization. The DME and Doc didn't even mention these changes by me ever.

My prior DME with a Dreamstation BPAP Auto: I took an edited script with pressure changes to that DME. I called the DME later to ask when pressures would change. I found out during the call that it may happen that day or some days later. On the same call, I accessed the clinical mode and did the change. I mentioned to the girl I was talking to that I had just entered the settings for her. She actually thanked me for doing the change as she didn't need to do it for me. (this circumstance was likely a year ago and I was a relative CPAP noob then) Coffee
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Ask your DME. It varies tremendously. Mine said they only collect the AHI and hours for Compliance for up to 90 days for the insurance company. After that, it's in the doc's court. That's it. They don't send anything to the doc UNLESS additional documentation has been provided. They don't get paid for making changes unless they have that documentation. My DME said the only time they actually do changes on someone's machine over-the-air is if they are working with someone who is homebound or in a nursing home or they are actually on the phone with the patient.

By the way, they only need 30 days continuous for compliance within a 90 day period.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for all the replies. I was guessing that both the DME and the Doctor have so many clients that they don't have time to do much more than check for compliance. And with computers, I'm guessing that they can just do a weekly report that filters the info to show who they need to call and bug about not using the machine enough, try to push them to be using the machine. There are probably some exceptions too that but for the most part they don't have the time to look any deeper.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  My doctor suggested patience Annecelesye 26 3,712 03-23-2024, 03:02 AM
Last Post: Annecelesye
  Erasing data on machine sleepingbetterinFl 8 217 03-11-2024, 03:03 PM
Last Post: sleepingbetterinFl
  Airsense 11 Auto and insurance compliance and data reporting to sleep doctor sausagesrolex 1 243 03-01-2024, 11:59 PM
Last Post: an4g745
  [split] Doctor won't help improve Vauto settings JohnCondor 7 521 02-19-2024, 04:20 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Doctor switched my wife over to an ASV machine, it has doubled her AHI MaybeTowelie 18 933 12-21-2023, 08:37 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Most Informtive Metrics To Send To Doctor BlueSky1958 3 329 12-17-2023, 09:59 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  [Equipment] How to send data from older Resmed Airsense 10 to sleep doctor? silverchief2 6 785 12-15-2023, 03:50 PM
Last Post: silverchief2

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.