Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] ResMed S9 AutoSet™ CPAP Machine with H5i™
Question 
ResMed S9 AutoSet™ CPAP Machine with H5i™
Information needed on how to view the following on my machine:
1- BID
2- VID
3- RID
4- HID

Thank You!
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: ResMed S9 AutoSet™ CPAP Machine with H5i™
(09-20-2014, 11:53 PM)Morbius Wrote: Information needed on how to view the following on my machine:
1- BID
2- VID
3- RID
4- HID

Thank You!

Hi Morbius,

The Clinician setup manual for that machine would say how to view those numbers. Members can request a Clinician set-up manual by email. Info on how to request the set-up manual is given in one of the threads in the Important Threads section at the top of the forum.

Those numbers are viewable from within the machine's sooper sekret Clinician menu.

You enter this menu by holding down simultaneously two buttons for about 4 seconds - the rectangular button with the two check marks and the tall round select knob.

The Advisory Member group provides advice and suggestions to Apnea Board administrators and staff on matters concerning Apnea Board operation and administrative policies.  Membership in the Advisory Member group should not be understood as in any way implying medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
Service
Displays the device run hours, software version and other component versions.
[Image: s9-pic2.jpg]

http://www.apneaboard.com/resmed-s9-cpap-setup

Run hours
Displays the total number of hours the device has been used including warm-up and cool-down times for the humidifier.
It is not affected by the period selected. This is the only data item that is not reset when data is erased.

SW : Displays the current software version.
BID : Displays the boot loader ID.
VID : Displays the variant ID.
RID : Displays the regional variant ID.
HID : Displays the humidifier software ID.
[HID display when you connect the H5i]

[Edit: In the older S9, the software version is the ONLY information shown on "Service" screen]

Post Reply Post Reply
(09-21-2014, 02:11 AM)zonk Wrote: Service
Displays the device run hours, software version and other component versions.
[Image: s9-pic2.jpg]

http://www.apneaboard.com/resmed-s9-cpap-setup

Run hours
Displays the total number of hours the device has been used including warm-up and cool-down times for the humidifier.
It is not affected by the period selected. This is the only data item that is not reset when data is erased.

SW : Displays the current software version.
BID : Displays the boot loader ID.
VID : Displays the variant ID.
RID : Displays the regional variant ID.
HID : Displays the humidifier software ID.
[HID display when you connect the H5i]

[Edit: In the older S9, the software version is the ONLY information shown on "Service" screen]

I just got my ResMed on Saturday, 20 Sept and I am curious: what is the reason for needing this info?
Evpraxia in the Pacific Northwest USA
Diagnosed: 44 AHI when supine, O2 down to 82%
Treated since 20 Sept 2014:: 0.7 AHI, Settings 7-15, EPR on Full Time at Level 3
Better living through CPAP/APAP machines!
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-21-2014, 07:43 PM)Evpraxia Wrote: I just got my ResMed on Saturday, 20 Sept and I am curious: what is the reason for needing this info?
No good reason other than curiosity and knowing you have the latest software version, but now the S9 been replaced by AirSense 10
I was taken by hype of the AirSense 10 and got AirSense 10 AutoSet, I liked some features of the A10 but going back to the S9 and the A10 destined to collect dust on the shelf in the wardrobe

My S9 software version 0602, does not have VID, BID, etc ... the newer ones 0907 or maybe still there is a later version
As far as I can tell, no significant changes, just different logo and enabling SmartStart to work with full face masks, beside ResMed does not tell us what they did or did not

Post Reply Post Reply
(09-21-2014, 07:43 PM)Evpraxia Wrote: I just got my ResMed on Saturday, 20 Sept and I am curious: what is the reason for needing this info?

It won't matter to most people.

It's mostly for the ResMed service personnel. For instance, if there was a defect or recall, it might only affect certain versions of the machine software.

You might also have certain improved or changed features on certain software versions. For instance early S9 machines wouldn't let you enable autostart if you had a full face mask. Later machines would allow you to do this. The version info might tell you whether it does this or not, if you know the numbers involved.

Get the free OSCAR CPAP software here.
Useful links.
Click here for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
Post Reply Post Reply
Ah, thanks all - now I get it. Should have before, I used to work in high tech as a project manager.
Evpraxia in the Pacific Northwest USA
Diagnosed: 44 AHI when supine, O2 down to 82%
Treated since 20 Sept 2014:: 0.7 AHI, Settings 7-15, EPR on Full Time at Level 3
Better living through CPAP/APAP machines!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question New CPAP User - Help Please - ResMed Airsense 11 Autoset Pawpri 25 455 15 minutes ago
Last Post: Old Steve
  Feel like my CPAP machine is killing me jimbob123 1 90 Yesterday, 05:42 AM
Last Post: Rich66
  Need help with Airsense 10 AutoSet JonUK 2 116 03-25-2024, 06:11 PM
Last Post: JonUK
  Need help new on CPAP machine Jimasripper 10 309 03-22-2024, 03:08 PM
Last Post: Jimasripper
  Ready to buy CPAP machine NewlyDiagnosed 29 627 03-21-2024, 01:42 PM
Last Post: NewlyDiagnosed
  UARS diagnosis? No improvements on CPAP. What Bilevel machine to get and where? empiricismandstatistics 8 199 03-21-2024, 04:29 AM
Last Post: empiricismandstatistics
  ResMed S9 AutoSet and OSCAR - Help Appreciated Slippy 12 474 03-16-2024, 08:56 AM
Last Post: Slippy

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.