Mask Type: Nasal pillows
Mask Make & Model: LT swift for her
Humidifier: Respironics, I guess
CPAP Pressure: 9-14
CPAP Software: Not using software

Other Comments:

Sex: Female
What Hobbies And Talents Do You Have?
I used to like English Horseback riding and some low jumping. I also used to love to do oil paintings. I don't do either anymore. Recently I did paint a few Miniature Schnauzers on my wallet and purse, hoping to sell a few to others. I wish I could play the piano, but I can only play variations of Heart and Soul, and two handed chop sticks.

I used to like going to dog shows and a little of showing my one girl. I like antiques and looking around antique stores. I also used to go to a gem show in my former state. Got expensive but now I have a lot of rings in 14k gold, worth more than when I got them 11-15 yrs ago.

What do you like/do when not asleep? Here is my painted purse.
(This post was last modified: 06-10-2012 12:05 AM by Schnauzers 5.)
06-09-2012 11:55 PM
Find all posts by this user Post Reply Quote this message in a reply

Donate to Apnea Board
Dreamcatcher Offline

Members-b

Machine: Resmed Autoset Spirit II with Quattro F/F & FX Masks
Mask Type: Full face mask
Mask Make & Model:
Humidifier: H4i
CPAP Pressure: 10 - 18 cmH20 (auto range)
CPAP Software: ResScan SleepyHead Other Software

Other Comments:

Sex: Male
RE: What Hobbies And Talents Do You Have?
Nice pics SBT Im usually winding Paula up or getting into trouble (See Fat and Fags) Too-funny

On the rare occasion I get out from caring for a wee while I like to do this.

[Image: 282724_2248235414417_7127761_n.jpg]

[Image: 206877_1942497611163_2224836_n.jpg]

[Image: 229081_1990446969867_3613385_n.jpg]
06-10-2012 03:49 AM
Cutter Offline

Preferred Members-2

Machine: ResMed S9 Elite
Mask Make & Model: Swift LT
Humidifier: Hi5
CPAP Pressure: 12
CPAP Software: ResScan SleepyHead

Other Comments:

My hobby is making wine. I make wine from grape juice, fruit juice and vegetable juice. I make about 80 gallons of wine a year. Most of my wine is aged for a year before bottling. This hobby has taught me patience. Each step of the wine making process takes time and can't be rushed. My favorite wine is a lemonade wine to which I added ground raw ginger prior to fermenting. At Christmas I give away a lot of wine to friends and family.

This post is a natural product. The slight variations in spelling and 
grammar enhance its individual character and beauty and in no way 
are to be considered flaws or defects.

06-10-2012 10:53 AM

Donate to Apnea Board
PaulaO2 Offline
Wiki Editor
Moderators

Machine: S9 Autoset
Mask Make & Model: F&P Simplus
Humidifier: H5i
CPAP Pressure: 14-20
CPAP Software: SleepyHead

Other Comments: Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome, Hypermobility Type; chronic sarcasm

Sex: Undisclosed

I used to be a potter. I miss it. I've been thinking of getting some clay and making things pinch pots or doing some slab work. No way to fire it but it'd be good to play with.

I am a ham radio operator.

I work with my dogs. One is my retired service dog and another is one I am training to be the next on.

Other than that, I play games and write. I have no life.

PaulaO2
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Breathe deeply and count to zen.

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
06-10-2012 11:48 AM
mjbearit Offline

Preferred Members-2

Machine: REMstar Auto AFlex DS550
Mask Make & Model: RESMed Swift FX
Humidifier: Heated humidifier - 2
CPAP Pressure: 12.5-20
CPAP Software: SleepyHead EncoreBasic

Other Comments:

Paula, just as a thought, the craft stores have the clay you can "cure" in your home oven. I know it is not the same and you can't actually use them like with real clay, but it does make them much more resistant to being destroyed accidently!

My talents? I've been told I am a fair cook. I have several people wanting me to write a cookbook as I make my own recipes. I don't know if that interests me or not though because I like to cook, not write! LOL! I also fool around with digital photography, both still and video and creating DVDs from the results. I have some good software for this and I purchased this system beefed up specifically to be able to edit videos and make DVDs.

As always, YMMV! You do not have to agree or disagree, I am not a professional so my mental meanderings are simply recollections of things from my own life.

PRS1 - Auto - A-Flex x2 - 12.50 - 20 - Humid x2 - Swift FX
06-10-2012 12:19 PM

Donate to Apnea Board
Dreamcatcher Offline

Members-b

Machine: Resmed Autoset Spirit II with Quattro F/F & FX Masks
Mask Make & Model:
Humidifier: H4i
CPAP Pressure: 10 - 18 cmH20 (auto range)
CPAP Software: ResScan SleepyHead Other Software

Other Comments:

Quote:Other than that, I play games and write. I have no life.

We must be related Big Grin
06-12-2012 06:50 AM
Schnauzers 5 Offline

Preferred Members-2

Machine: Respironics Rem Star A Flex

Other Comments:

new handbags I painted on.
(This post was last modified: 06-12-2012 09:59 AM by Schnauzers 5.)
06-12-2012 09:57 AM

Donate to Apnea Board
Schnauzers 5 Offline

Preferred Members-2

Machine: Respironics Rem Star A Flex

Other Comments:

And this one.
06-12-2012 10:01 AM
ekubaskie Offline

New Members

Machine: PR System 1 BiPAP Pro w/ Biflex
Mask Make & Model:
Humidifier: PR System 1 Heated Humidifier
CPAP Pressure: BiPAP 7cm-10cm
CPAP Software: SleepyHead

Other Comments:

(06-10-2012 12:19 PM)mjbearit Wrote:  My talents? I've been told I am a fair cook. I have several people wanting me to write a cookbook as I make my own recipes. I don't know if that interests me or not though because I like to cook, not write! LOL!

I've been called a fair cook, too.

Sometimes I cheat, and use box mixes - like tonight I'm doing Tony Chachere's Jambalaya, with chopped up leftover chicken and pork chops. And a bit of "pepper stick" that a friend makes up - like sausage sticks, with jalapeno peppers and moose or caribou meat. The perfect jazz-up for jambalaya.

But though I cheat with the leftovers on occasion, I get the leftovers the old-fashioned way. I work with many types of meat, from pork shoulder of beef brisket, clear on up the line - I even managed a fair job of cooking Kobe. But I prefer to leave that to the experts!

Many types of stews, chili, curries... and believe it or not, after a few days, when that big stew gets boring, you can turn out a great batch of enchiladas with it! Casseroles, particularly good old Mac n Cheese...

I used to bake a lot, and for a while baked all the family's bread products, even hamburger/hot dog buns and dog biscuits. Too much work; I was unemployed at the time.

Italian, Mexican, Thai - I once threw a curry party, knocking out made-to-order Thai curries for about 2 dozen guests using four omelet pans on the stovetop at once. Choose chicken, beef, lamb, shrimp, tofu - add peppers, bamboo shoots, mushrooms, carrots - Thai basil and several other fresh herbs - choose your curry paste color, red, green, yellow, or go masaman - with or without coconut milk - rice-cookers standing by with jasmine and white or brown basmati... I spent 4 hours at the stove, with everybody oinking out, and even managed two batches for myself. Yellow chicken and masaman lamb. Yum!

Not much on desserts, though. I've done some cheesecakes, including some with no cheese; let whole-milk yogurt drain a couple days and you can make a cheesecake with one-fifth the fat of cream cheese. The only sweets I cook nowadays is creme brulee. Its a sort of Zen thing, a very simple dish that is yet subtle and a challenge to perfect. There is some of my coconut creme brulee in the fridge right now, for tonight's dessert. All I do is swap about half the heavy cream for a can of Chaokoh coconut milk - the brand that, in my experience, most closely matches the texture and thickness of the heavy whipping cream.

Obviously I LIKE cooking, too. I better stop before it's time to go to work in the morning ;-)

But not before mentioning pressure cookers! I have eight, and have at one time had four going at once for a really big stew - meat & shrooms, taters, carrots, and beans. That was four days before the enchiladas!

Jambalya time!
06-14-2012 10:35 PM

Donate to Apnea Board
mjbearit Offline

Preferred Members-2

Machine: REMstar Auto AFlex DS550
Mask Make & Model: RESMed Swift FX
Humidifier: Heated humidifier - 2
CPAP Pressure: 12.5-20
CPAP Software: SleepyHead EncoreBasic

Other Comments:

(06-14-2012 10:35 PM)ekubaskie Wrote:  But not before mentioning pressure cookers! I have eight, and have at one time had four going at once for a really big stew - meat & shrooms, taters, carrots, and beans. That was four days before the enchiladas!

Jambalya time!

That's something I need to get one of these days. I just have my big pressure cooker for canning. I have used it for cooking very large items as well as canning, but this thing is a real monster and what a pain to clean! It's so big it doesn't fit in the sink! LOL! I need a smaller size. Problem is I never think about it until I want to use it! ha!

As always, YMMV! You do not have to agree or disagree, I am not a professional so my mental meanderings are simply recollections of things from my own life.

PRS1 - Auto - A-Flex x2 - 12.50 - 20 - Humid x2 - Swift FX
06-15-2012 07:46 AM