Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Intro
RE: Intro
(08-29-2015, 08:51 PM)me50 Wrote: shouldn't have been any snafu between the clinicians. All it takes is to read the script.

You would think so. Annoyed-and-disappointed

As I attempted to pick my xPAP up from the same place where my sleep study was done, I took the opportunity to get a copy of my script for future reference. They checked a boxes next to both " Respironics System One Auto" and "Other". The pressure setting is "CPAP 12cm H2O",

ASM says they request the PRS1 Auto for everyone this way, but that I really don't need the Auto part as the doctor prefers constant pressure. The DME take this to mean that no-one really needs the Auto and gives them the Pro. Most people don't know the difference and the Sleep Center doesn't seem to care. Dont-know

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Intro
New user to the forum and just started CPAP therapy on June 14th. Had two sleep studies in 2012, first one was inconclusive since I did not sleep at all due to the staff talking loudly outside my room. Second one done at Cleveland Clinic's Sleep Lab which was actually at a hotel!!. Tech said yes you definitely got sleep apnea but I can't tell you anything else you need to call your doctor.

So I call only to be told by "someone" wish I knew their name. Once again they told me inconclusive so I never followed up. BIG MISTAKE. It is now 4 years later and I have Very Severe OSA of 120 AHI. Had a few recent trips to the ER etc. Finally for in to see a new Pulmonologist at Cleveland Clinic to find out all my issues are being cause by OSA.

Needless to say since starting treatment, I feel like a new man!! My AHI ranges now from 2.2 for 5.2. I have my pressures now set at 10-15. EPR on 2 and Humidity at 4. Thinking about turning EPR off to see if I get better results.

Would anyone suggest I leave EPR alone or go ahead and turn it off? This board is awesome by the way!!!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Some advice with aperia and intro cpap kit ifsmithy 2 324 12-18-2023, 12:42 AM
Last Post: srlevine1
  Day 3 - Intro & Initial Concerns DivaBreather 3 408 09-13-2023, 06:26 PM
Last Post: Millstone50
  New Member Intro and OSCAR charts DaveInDenver 2 462 08-11-2023, 04:02 PM
Last Post: DaveInDenver
  dgilluly Intro and APAP Settings Thread dgilluly 4 689 08-14-2021, 06:51 PM
Last Post: dgilluly
Question Intro + DreamStation Performance Error Codes pennstump 4 4,852 07-21-2021, 03:27 PM
Last Post: LindanHotAir
  New member - intro nickanti 7 998 06-09-2021, 05:25 AM
Last Post: nickanti
  Newbie Intro EngineerBoo 57 4,959 04-09-2021, 05:11 PM
Last Post: staceyburke

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.