Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

What I learned today about mini-apneas and fatigue or why SH is the bomb
What I learned today about mini-apneas and fatigue or why SH is the bomb
SleepyHead > File > Preferences > CPAP > Enable Custom CPAP User Event Flagging.

[Image: GyYbzZd.png]

lets me see mini-apneas.
[Image: jGrgpZT.png]
[Image: D1oTx8r.png]

Despite an AHI 0f 0 I felt like crap that morning. Now I know why. I may not have scored bad things per sleep medicine standards but there are a whole lot of 50% flow reductions lasting 8 seconds. I doubt they had much effect on O2 but may well have disturbed my sleep. Must wait for pulse-oximeter and Open EEG to answer these question but funds are not currently available.

I use my PAP machine nightly and I feel great!
Updated: Philips Respironics System One (60 Series)
RemStar BiPAP Auto with Bi-FlexModel 760P -
Rise Time x3 Fixed Bi-Level EPAP 9.0 IPAP 11.5 (cmH2O)
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: What I learned today about mini-apneas and fatigue or why SH is the bomb
feeling like crap with a low AHI can also be a sign of poor sleep architecture - like not enuff REM or deep sleep, or even a sign that you did not actually sleep. The flow limitations tho, show a probability of sleep, at least.
هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه  هههههه
Tongue Suck Technique for prevention of mouth breathing:
  • Place your tongue behind your front teeth on the roof of your mouth
  • let your tongue fill the space between the upper molars
  • gently suck to form a light vacuum

Practising during the day can help you to keep it at night

هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه  هههههه
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-19-2015, 12:47 PM)DariaVader Wrote: feeling like crap with a low AHI can also be a sign of poor sleep architecture - like not enuff REM or deep sleep, or even a sign that you did not actually sleep. The flow limitations tho, show a probability of sleep, at least.

Exactly!
Now what to do about it. First find a mask that prevents mouth leakage and that is not going so well Oh-jeez
Post Reply Post Reply
master the tongue vacuum Wink

Post Reply Post Reply
Wow, SleepHead looks like a very technical program! Very impressed with the diverse settings and the graphs. And that you could see something that professionals could easily miss. Can't wait to get started with it!
-Ailu
Reformed CPAP Outlaw
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-19-2015, 12:55 PM)DariaVader Wrote: master the tongue vacuum Wink

Maybe I need a foo foo Too-funny
[Image: maxresdefault.jpg]
Post Reply Post Reply
I had to rebuild the data in order for the event graph to display these flags. Also, I went into the "Events tab" and edited the "UF1" and "UF2" names to "20% Flow Restriction" and "50% Flow Restriction". I then changed their labels to "FR20" and "FR50" for the Events graph. Now I'll know what they represent.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for the tip. I never bothered with those settings until now. My graph isn't as splattered as yours but there are some FR50 and a few 20.
Using FlashAir W-03 SD card in machine. You can download your data through wifi with FlashPAP or Sleep Master utilities.

I wanted to learn Binary so I enrolled in Binary 101. I seemed to have missed the first four courses. Big Grinnie

Stick it to the man, Download OSCAR and take back control of your data!

Thanks Ian. Like I didn't have enough Honey-Do projects to tackle. Mornincoffee
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-19-2015, 01:32 PM)sgearhart Wrote: I had to rebuild the data in order for the event graph to display these flags. Also, I went into the "Events tab" and edited the "UF1" and "UF2" names to "20% Flow Restriction" and "50% Flow Restriction". I then changed their labels to "FR20" and "FR50" for the Events graph. Now I'll know what they represent.

I rebuilt my data and restarted SH and still dont have them in the events - just the pie chart. booo.

Post Reply Post Reply
never mind - seems that SH had crashed instead of closing down, so new settings only partially took effect. I seem to have 1 night of corrupt data - crash everytime i look. Going to have to delete that night and re-import.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Air Mini issues Bous 0 48 Yesterday, 08:14 AM
Last Post: Bous
  please help me make sense of my central apneas p4ncaketim 23 536 03-24-2024, 06:21 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Fixing (CPAP-induced?) central apneas Franko39 17 852 03-21-2024, 11:26 PM
Last Post: Franko39
  [Treatment] Having several Unclassified Apneas.... meatheadmd 7 303 03-19-2024, 07:54 AM
  Any experiences with BMC M1 Mini travel Auto CP?AP DrJelly 4 670 03-15-2024, 01:18 PM
Last Post: DrJelly
  Cpap causing Central Apneas shedu1337 1 262 02-24-2024, 05:46 PM
  Central apneas and tips to improve CPAP therapy jcp519 20 1,282 02-21-2024, 12:37 PM
Last Post: jcp519

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.