Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

What I love about Apnea Board
The thing that I have loved the most about Apnea Board since joining is talking to all you wonderful American people, and of course the handful of Australians that are on board.
During my long, wonderful life time, I have only ever had the pleasure of meeting the occasional American. Back in the early seventies I went by ship to Great Britain and we docked at Fort Lauderdale for a day also Panama City and Acapulco. Those places are the closest I have come to your shores.
All I want to say is every time I read a comment the first thing I look at is where you live. I am loving reading all the wonderful places you live in, places I have only read about or seen in the movies or on TV.
I have never had this much to do with Americans and now that I have through this site, if anyone asks me what I think of Americans, I will be able to tell them in all honesty I think they are great.
Thanks for giving me the opportunity to get to know the real person of the U.S.of A.
Sleep Tight...
Gabby
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks Gabby, The closest I've been to Australia is the local Outback restaurant. I doubt it's the real Australia, but the deep fried onion is nice...........
Post Reply Post Reply
It's kind of funny, but the one place I wish to travel to, and spend serious time at, is Australia. Years ago I had the chance to go there to work on a contract, but I was silly, and chickened out. I actually now have a passport, and I hope some day to find a way to travel and stay in your country for a month or so.

I've never traveled out of the US, 'cept for Canadia and a bit in Mexico - I've driven basically everywhere in the 48 US states, but that's all I've ever done. Maybe some day...
*I* am not a DOCTOR or any type of Health Care Professional.  My thoughts/suggestions/ideas are strictly only my opinions.

"Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you. Jesus Christ and the American Soldier. One died for your Soul, the other for your Freedom."
Post Reply Post Reply

(03-06-2014, 12:28 AM)Peter_C Wrote: It's kind of funny, but the one place I wish to travel to, and spend serious time at, is Australia. Years ago I had the chance to go there to work on a contract, but I was silly, and chickened out. I actually now have a passport, and I hope some day to find a way to travel and stay in your country for a month or so.

I've never traveled out of the US, 'cept for Canadia and a bit in Mexico - I've driven basically everywhere in the 48 US states, but that's all I've ever done. Maybe some day...
Well Peter I hope you make it here one day.
I would love to make it to your country one day but somehow I don't think I will be one of the lucky ones. My daughter and partner are doing a trains, planes and automobiles across your country in May and they cannot wait. They have already done Sth and Central, now hope to see as much of North as they can. I have other friends touring there in September. Many Australians are always heading to your vast country, and why not I say, it's spectacular, it has something for everyone.
You are very lucky to have seen so much of your wonderful, big country country. I bet most people can't say they have travelled to all 48 states.
I haven't seen all the states in my country but I have travelled to quite a lot of countries, just not really America Sad

I only wish I had travelled there when I was younger.

Sleep Tight...
Gabby
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-05-2014, 10:31 PM)Gabby Wrote: The thing that I have loved the most about Apnea Board since joining is talking to all you wonderful American people, and of course the handful of Australians that are on board.
During my long, wonderful life time, I have only ever had the pleasure of meeting the occasional American. Back in the early seventies I went by ship to Great Britain and we docked at Fort Lauderdale for a day also Panama City and Acapulco. Those places are the closest I have come to your shores.
All I want to say is every time I read a comment the first thing I look at is where you live. I am loving reading all the wonderful places you live in, places I have only read about or seen in the movies or on TV.
I have never had this much to do with Americans and now that I have through this site, if anyone asks me what I think of Americans, I will be able to tell them in all honesty I think they are great.
Thanks for giving me the opportunity to get to know the real person of the U.S.of A.

Hey there!!!

Don't forget us Canucks (Canadians) up here in the snowy, cold North.

DielaughingCoffeeCoffee
Post Reply Post Reply
We'd never for get about our friends to the north, Bompa!

Bob.
Post Reply Post Reply

(03-06-2014, 09:37 AM)PollCat Wrote: We'd never for get about our friends to the north, Bompa!

Bob.

Tanks Bob eh!!!
Coffee
Post Reply Post Reply
We are glad you are her too, Gabby.

It really is an "International" forum even if most people here are Americans. Canadians (the other Americans), Australians, Nederlanders, Brits, etc.
Sweet Dreams,

HerbM
Sleep study AHI: 49 RDI: 60 -- APAP 10-11 w/AHI: 1.5 avg for 7-days (up due likely to hip replacement recovery)

"We can all breathe together or we will all suffocate alone."
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-06-2014, 10:54 AM)herbm Wrote: We are glad you are her too, Gabby.

It really is an "International" forum even if most people here are Americans. Canadians (the other Americans), Australians, Nederlanders, Brits, etc.

I'll say.... We even have folks here from Texas!

Post Reply Post Reply

I raised myself and we raised our children to believe everyone is equal. The diversity here is what helps everyone. While I am in the US, I don't know how healthcare works in other countries so it is awesome that other countries are represented here to help each other. We all have one thing in common and come together to help each other. where we live, the color of our skin, our accents, doesn't change that. Great forum
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Arrow PaytonA passed away [Apnea Board Monitor] SuperSleeper 31 1,438 11-04-2017, 06:35 PM
Last Post: foss
Arrow JustMongo passed away [Apnea Board Monitor] SuperSleeper 50 5,798 10-22-2017, 10:22 PM
Last Post: JWR
  Happy 200,000 posts Apnea Board! Drucifer 2 466 06-06-2017, 03:03 PM
Last Post: FloridaDreaming
  Any railfans "on board" (pun intended) CPAPreturnee 1 398 05-05-2017, 03:04 PM
Last Post: justMongo
  Opinionated hosehead crashes into Apnea Board GregLawson 43 5,544 12-11-2015, 09:36 PM
Last Post: Mark Douglas
Smile Do you love your cat? (of course you do) woozie38 13 2,503 09-04-2014, 11:55 AM
Last Post: Evpraxia
  If you use 'PayPal', and like the board... Peter_C 3 993 06-20-2014, 09:12 PM
Last Post: PaulaO2