Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

What Machine to Choose ?
What Machine to Choose ?
My options are

1 Respironics BiPAP A30

Or

2 Resmed S9

MY Current machine is A Respironics Bipap Auto SV Advanced And i am getting good results with the Machine

Any input would be appreciated

Thanks Clive
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: What Machine to Choose ?
(09-06-2012, 03:35 PM)britincanada Wrote: My options are

1 Respironics BiPAP A30

Or

2 Resmed S9

MY Current machine is A Respironics Bipap Auto SV Advanced And i am getting good results with the Machine

Any input would be appreciated

Thanks Clive
Which S9 do you mean ... VPAP?

Post Reply Post Reply
Sorry yes VPAP
Post Reply Post Reply
The Respironics BiPAP A30 looks like it's a nice machine. Other than that, I don't know much about it. I'm happy with my Respironics BiPAP, though.

Resmed S9 covers many units. You'd have to look at the ResMed VPAP's to find something that's of the same caliber as your A30, but I don't think it would be any of the S9's.
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I think it depends on what you want to see on the screen when you get up. There's some differences in what is easily displayed.

If you can, sit down with a respiratory therapist or whoever and have them show you how each one works. They're both by good companies but have very different user interfaces.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
I think it depends on what you want to see on the screen when you get up. quote

I was thinking the same but i will be monitoring my treatment via software the Resmed s9 looks nice and you can even cover it with your own graphics and its proven technology

the Respironics BiPAP A30 is newer technology and i am getting good results with the the Respironics Bipap Auto SV Advanced

so i am edging towards the Respironics BiPAP A30

i think its like the old dodge or ford ? personnel preference

whats the best software out there to view the info off the Card Respironics or Resmeds

Thanks guys

Post Reply Post Reply
(09-06-2012, 06:46 PM)britincanada Wrote: whats the best software out there to view the info off the Card Respironics or Resmeds

Thanks guys
ResScan Software only support ResMed machines
SleepyHead software support both S9 and PRS1 (50 series) machines
Encore Pro support only Respironcis machines

Both ResMed and Respioncis machines have different sets of algorithm ... Some folk might prefer or/and do better with one than the other

Post Reply Post Reply
thank you
Post Reply Post Reply
ResScan software is available here for free. EnCore Pro is not.

Some folks like to see the screen first thing in the morning. Do I feel like crap because of a leak or because of high AHI or because I drank too much?

Others don't mind waiting a week to see.

When I get my Autoset, I'll look at it daily for the first few months.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
(09-06-2012, 08:23 PM)PaulaO2 Wrote: Some folks like to see the screen first thing in the morning.
Me too ... As soon as I wake up and before cup of tea
[Image: img_usage.jpg]

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Exclaimation CPAP Machine Choices - read this before you accept a new machine SuperSleeper 283 262,130 11-10-2023, 10:24 AM
Last Post: robbob2112
  [Equipment] Which ResMed to choose? Morseman 2 537 05-14-2023, 08:22 AM
Last Post: Morseman
  Did I choose the wrong machine? AaronB123 0 518 01-07-2023, 06:14 PM
Last Post: AaronB123
  machine died! Now new doctor and new machine Bjazzman 17 6,787 09-05-2022, 09:07 PM
Last Post: NValtman11
  [CPAP] Using SoClean Machine with CPAP Machine ronald1810 4 1,319 06-01-2022, 10:18 PM
Last Post: Sleepster
Question How to choose new DME MagnoliaSolana 4 851 12-02-2021, 05:38 PM
Last Post: MagnoliaSolana
  Would You Choose a New ResMed 11 Series as a Replacement? - Poll RayBee 11 4,106 05-31-2021, 09:23 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.