Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

What Pressure Should I Use
What Pressure Should I Use
I did a sleep study at a sleep lab and the report said 8 cm H2O was optimal. I had 50.3 AHI events per hour. I have ordered a Airsensnse AutoSet 10 and I would like advice on where should I set air pressure range. I also ordered the ResMed AirFit P10 mask because that worked well for me during my sleep study.

Chris
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: What Pressure Should I Use
With the Autoset, your setup should be very easy. I would set minimum pressure to 6 (or higher based on comfort). Maximum pressure can be le ft at the default of 20 cm as it should only go as high as needed to resolve flow limits, snores and obstructive apnea. You may prefer limiting it to 12.0 and revisit the max pressure later. EPR (exhale pressure relief) is a comfort feature that can affect your therapy sometimes. I would go with a setting of 2, full-time. Most people like it. These settings could have been set without a titration study, but this easily brackets your results and will work fine.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for the advice, I ordered the CPAP myself because it can take 5 months after the sleep test to finally see a doctor and get a CPAP  prescription. I used to have a S9 Autoset that I did all the settings myself but never got the right mask so I sold that unit. I ordered the new CPAP from the guy that advertises on Craigslist with a Seattle phone number. Hopefully the CPAP arrives today.

Chris
Post Reply Post Reply
Yes, what Sleeprider is correct, but I would have the lower pressure slightly higer, maybe 7 and as Sleeprider said it can be left at 20.
That is where I have left my machine, it was set to 10 to 20 but I moved the lower pressure up to 11 as the pressure now appears to wamt to sit at 12.6 as a max.  The reason for the shift of the low pressure up was to remove most of the AHIs before they got a chance and also with the pressure being closer to the max there is not so big a pressure rise and so less chance of disturbance when it does rise.

You might want to cap the machine at 15 but I have found I have had no problems with it left full open at 20.

Or go with Sleepriders numbers, you can always alter it if need be.

Before you start using your machine, make sure you set it to the right time and date, it is murder trying to change it afterwards.
I am NOT a doctor.  I try to help, but do not take what I say as medical advice.

Every journey, however large or small starts with the first step.

Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-19-2018, 04:50 PM)Sleep2Snore Wrote: ...

Before you start using your machine, make sure you set it to the right time and date, it is murder trying to change it afterwards.

Thank you, thank you, thank you, that is excellent advice! I haven't seen that mentioned, and I'm sure it would be a huge bother to try to edit the results after-the-fact.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Chris H,
WELCOME! to the forum.! Good luck as you start CPAP therapy, hope you get your machine soon.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-19-2018, 04:50 PM)Sleep2Snore Wrote: Yes, what Sleeprider is correct, but I would have the lower pressure slightly higer, maybe 7 and as Sleeprider said it can be left at 20.
That is where I have left my machine, it was set to 10 to 20 but I moved the lower pressure up to 11 as the pressure now appears to wamt to sit at 12.6 as a max.  The reason for the shift of the low pressure up was to remove most of the AHIs before they got a chance and also with the pressure being closer to the max there is not so big a pressure rise and so less chance of disturbance when it does rise.

You might want to cap the machine at 15 but I have found I have had no problems with it left full open at 20.

Or go with Sleepriders numbers, you can always alter it if need be.

I think I will try the pressure at 7. The second half of my sleep study was with the CPAP and after I fell asleep I had no AHI's.

(02-20-2018, 10:19 AM)trish6hundred Wrote: Hi Chris H,
WELCOME! to the forum.! Good luck as you start CPAP therapy, hope you get your machine soon.

Thanks, hoping it shows up today!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Isn't Resmed's Expiratory Pressure Relief really Inspiratory Pressure Support?? Reznik 122 18,641 12-09-2023, 12:54 PM
Last Post: Kathy14225
  Any downside to using static pressure vs range pressure? hejohoo 6 923 09-08-2023, 11:50 AM
Last Post: Gideon
  [Pressure] Pressure suggestions to reduce ear pressure? rv88 0 646 05-24-2023, 05:43 AM
Last Post: rv88
  FFM HELP: no leaks, no nose bridge pressure and no headgear pressure on back of neck? koy23 6 1,556 01-22-2023, 07:33 PM
Last Post: koy23
  Is expiratory pressure relief similar to BiPAP on lower pressure settings? drmaestro 11 3,350 05-18-2020, 01:35 PM
  [Pressure] Difference between EPAP set pressure and operational pressure brugerard 8 2,353 01-02-2020, 10:03 PM
Last Post: brugerard
Question 90% Pressure meaning & Setting Correct Pressure for Auto-CPAP dk2011 2 3,647 12-28-2018, 05:37 PM

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.