Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

What Pulse Oximeters work with SleepyHead?
RE: What Pulse Oximeters work with SleepyHead?
(08-08-2016, 01:37 PM)natyprueba Wrote: The main problem is to keep it in your finger all night long when you are sleeping.

So how do you do it? Are you using the remote sensor?

I am using a piece of tape to hold the cable of my CMS 50-F in place.
"The object in life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." -- Marcus Aurelius
Post Reply Post Reply

srlevine1.

I use directly the CMS 50D+ in my finger with a small rubber band surrounding the open part of the equipment. You can slide back and front the band until you find the comfortable place for you. For me, when I wake up my finger is a little bit red and in bad shape, but this solution works for me. I feel it real uncomfortable , for that, I barely use it. I only use it before my Dr. appointment . Usually I download and synchronize the data with Sleepyhead, print it out (the daily report) and give it to my Dr. and She likes it. Maybe she throws it out, who knows? Huh
At the beginning I used a thumb finger of a rubber globe with a rubber band, but that solution was worst. I read about using a condom, but I never tried that way.
If you are using it with a lady , remember to remove any nail polish and your finger must be clean.
Ralph.
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm using the Contec CMS50I and it works fine. Sleepyhead is able to import the data directly from the unit and display it synced with data from my CPAP machine. Very cool!
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-09-2016, 07:42 PM)calusa Wrote: I'm using the Contec CMS50I and it works fine. Sleepyhead is able to import the data directly from the unit and display it synced with data from my CPAP machine. Very cool!
Really? Which version of SH? I have the CMS50I and with SH 1.0.0-beta-2, I can't get the direct import to sync properly with the cpap data. Others have reported similar problems. How do you do it?

Thx, Ron

We are such stuff
As dreams are made on, and our little life
Is rounded with a sleep.
Post Reply Post Reply
rkl122,
The direct import worked fine with SH 0.9.8.1-Testing. The only way to get it into 1.0-Beta is to import the .spo2 file. This will not import the PI data that the "I" model reports. The older version of SH should work with your system.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Quote:Really? Which version of SH? I have the CMS50I and with SH 1.0.0-beta-2, I can't get the direct import to sync properly with the cpap data. Others have reported similar problems. How do you do it?

I'm using the older version (SleepyHead-Testing-0.9.8-1-T3); haven't tried the latest version yet.
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-10-2016, 03:48 AM)calusa Wrote: ............I'm using the older version (SleepyHead-Testing-0.9.8-1-T3); haven't tried the latest version yet.
Ok, thx guys.

Red - When I try importing an SPO2 file (with the SH beta2), I get an error msg that reads "No oximetry module could parse the given file." The file was downloaded from the CMS50I using SPO2 Assistant, ver. 2.9.0. (which does read the file.) I also have utilities called simply "SPO2" and "SPO2 Review," but these appear to be only for real time recording.

I thought I read in the WIKI's oximetry section that the later CMS oximeters use a newer file format that SH can't handle.

Confused. (Nothing new.) -Ron
We are such stuff
Is rounded with a sleep.
Post Reply Post Reply
rkl122,
I have SpO2 Assistant v2.7 software. My opening screen has to large icons in the center, the left icon is a DB9 serial connector and the right one is a file symbol. When I select the DB9 (connect device) it will scan for CMS50 devices. There is a checkbox in the lower left that states: "View device stored data only". I check that box and select the "Connect" button. This will initiate a download to my PC, placing the data in the C:\Program Files (x86)\SpO2 Assistant V2.7.0\Data directory.

In SH I select the Oximetry Wizard, making sure that the Oximeter type is:CMS50Fv3.7+/H/I, Pulox PO-100/500 and select the last option, "Import from a datafile saved by another program, like SpO2Review". I navigate to the directory, listed above, and select the file I want. A calendar and time option list will display. I make sure the date is correct and select ". . .Use Oximeter's clock" and use the manual time adjust to match the starting time my CPAP reported.

Note: While writing this post, I noticed that the time difference bug correlates to the difference of my timezone, UTC-4(EDT), and UTC.

I hope this may help.

Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you Red for the detailed procedure. It's exactly what I did, except as follows: The spo2 file is not in that directory - it does exist, but the only file in there is demo.SpO2 - but in a deep down directory with this path: C:\Users\Ron\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files (x86)\SpO2 Assistant v. 2.9.0\Data. (Yikes, I'm outta breath typing it Smile I'm running Win10x64). The error appears as soon as I select a data file, so I don't get to the time option screen.

I guess there was a change from ver. 2.7 to 2.9. Since I can view the oximetry data in the SpO2 Assistant, this is not an urgent situation, but, sure I'd rather have everything together and synced in SH. I'll try 2.7 if I find it.

Thanks again for the help, -Ron
We are such stuff
Is rounded with a sleep.
Post Reply Post Reply
"No oximetry module could parse the given file." I am getting this msge when I try to get SH to read the data. I have the CMS 50 D+. I am using version SleepyHead v1.0.0-beta-2 Is there a solution?
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Tech Nerds-think this battery setup will work for Transcend Micro? johnbrain 7 108 11 hours ago
Last Post: johnbrain
  Pulse oximeter recommendations? p123 15 1,222 03-26-2024, 04:57 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  [Equipment] ResMed AirSense 11 compatible pulse oximeters timtaller 63 25,816 03-16-2024, 11:27 AM
Last Post: e727147
  are there pulse oximeter synced CPAP/Bipap/sleep study devices? bhavintu79 1 203 03-02-2024, 04:53 AM
Last Post: Gep232
  [Health] Pulse oximeter readings while asleep and awake - what do these readings mean? SleepyButHopeful 11 674 02-26-2024, 03:17 AM
Last Post: srlevine1
Question [Equipment] Apnea index, blood pressure, pulse and SpO2 stier52r043 0 229 02-25-2024, 11:49 AM
Last Post: stier52r043
  Lowenstein Prisma 20A - how can I work out energy usage for camping? JamesD0079 4 628 02-15-2024, 04:16 PM
Last Post: JamesD0079

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.