Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

What Software are people using
What Software are people using
I see reference to people using software to monitor their progress but I don't have a CD for that. I can go onto the ResMed site to login where I can get the stats.

I read something like .6 events per hour sometimes more.. what does that mean? I know it's not removing the mask as that is a separate value...
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: What Software are people using
The two that would apply to you are ResScan and Sleepyhead both of which are available for download in the software support area. You will need an SD card reader to read the SD card in your machine on your computer once you download the software.
Coffee

Happy Pappin'
Never Give In, Never Give Up

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. 
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks, I can read SD cards. Would the software show any different results to what I see on the resmed 'myair' site? thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-05-2015, 02:43 PM)teagranny Wrote: Thanks, I can read SD cards. Would the software show any different results to what I see on the resmed 'myair' site? thanks

It will show the same AHI. It also shows the breakdown of events by type and duration. Other data such as flow rate and pressure are presented graphically versus time.
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-05-2015, 02:43 PM)teagranny Wrote: Thanks, I can read SD cards. Would the software show any different results to what I see on the resmed 'myair' site? thanks
Yes, no comparison whatsoever. Once you start using the software, my Air seem like child play Smile
e.g. sample from SleepyHead
[Image: 800px-DailyView.png]
Post Reply Post Reply
My Air is very basic and more of a cheer squad. Sleepyhead and ResScan will show much more detailed data and graphs which will allow you to track and adjust your own therapy. Many many members here can assist you in interpreting the data and help you make adjustments as needed. Good luck.
Coffee

Happy Pappin'
Never Give In, Never Give Up

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. 
Post Reply Post Reply
teagranny,

Here are links to the software:

http://www.sleepfiles.com/SH2/

http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...hines-only

OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-06-2015, 07:37 AM)OpalRose Wrote: teagranny,

Here are links to the software:

Thanks, have just emailed for the ResMed software.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have installed the ResMed software and inserted the SD card but I have to say I honestly don't understand or know how to read the graphs.

Do I have to take the SD card out ever ytime, or will it wirelessly download to the computer now, not sure how this all works.

Post Reply Post Reply
(11-06-2015, 11:50 AM)teagranny Wrote: Do I have to take the SD card out ever ytime, or will it wirelessly download to the computer now, not sure how this all works.

Yes, you have to take the SD card out to transfer your data to your computer if you have the original card that comes with the computer. However you can replace it with an SD card that has a built in WIFI transceiver and this, along with some software will mean that you don't have to do that. The supported card is made by Toshiba and is called a "flashair" card. There are some instructions on how to do this at the following thread:

http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...t=flashair

Ed Seedhouse
VA7SDH

Part cow since February 2018.

Trust your mind less and your brain more.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  ReMed Airsense software/firmware Ralph436 22 1,125 01-23-2024, 11:55 AM
Last Post: george1945
  Contec CMS50E Pulse Oximeter Software John7 0 382 11-12-2023, 09:18 AM
Last Post: John7
  [Equipment] Which 24 Hr Oximeter to buy & PC/Tablet compatible software EasySleep 0 342 11-08-2023, 08:26 AM
Last Post: EasySleep
  Anyone interested in starting an online self-help video chat for people with SA/UARS? JamesD0079 0 346 10-26-2023, 09:56 PM
Last Post: JamesD0079
  [Diagnosis] AHI scores - what sort of range do people have? p123 4 505 10-14-2023, 09:49 AM
Last Post: jstro84
  Lowenstein Software shawsg 2 586 09-27-2023, 12:10 PM
Last Post: shawsg
  CPAP Problems for People with Large Lung Capacity? AquaMan 7 999 09-17-2023, 03:32 PM
Last Post: quiescence at last

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.