Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

What Software is Used for ResMed Products
RE: What Software is Used for ResMed Products
Most machines only keep 365 days of data.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
(11-10-2012, 09:42 PM)PaulaO2 Wrote: Most machines only keep 365 days of data.
That is what my machine shows, the 365 days. When I put the card in the reader it went back 447 days? Guess I was just curious as why it didn't show the start date but I don't believe it is important, I own it and well past compliance! Thanks
Tim
Finger Lakes Region, NY
Post Reply Post Reply
The machine itself is what keeps 365. The card, however, I would assume would keep whatever had been written on it. I wonder if it dumps data from the card after x days?

Several folks here keep a copy of the card data on their computer. That way you never lose anything.
PaulaO

Post Reply Post Reply
That's a good idea. Does the SleepyHead save it each time or do we have to choose to save it?
Tim
Finger Lakes Region, NY
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-10-2012, 03:56 PM)zonk Wrote:
(11-10-2012, 03:45 PM)2Tim215 Wrote: Where do we find the software?
you can find the link for the download in "Private Files and Links" forum
also ResScan and SleepyHead threads

Are you aware the S9 Escape only record compliance data (hours used) and nothing else
S9 Autoset and S9 Elite are full data capable mchines

One word: MONEY. We're not all able to buy high end equipment.
And I'm sure that, as with this time, if my Otolaryngologist wants information he'll pick the foolish approach of having me stay overnight at the hospital for a sleep study. Gee, it really might be cheaper for the government to pay for an S9 AutoSet but I don't make the rules. Big Grin

Post Reply Post Reply
(11-10-2012, 09:53 PM)PaulaO2 Wrote: The machine itself is what keeps 365. The card, however, I would assume would keep whatever had been written on it. I wonder if it dumps data from the card after x days?

Several folks here keep a copy of the card data on their computer. That way you never lose anything.

I believe it erases data from the card too. ResMed uses a really boneheaded way to store the data on the SD card and has to erase data because it is limited by the number of files on the card, not the size of the data on the card.
Get the free OSCAR CPAP software here.
Useful links.
Click here for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-10-2012, 10:50 PM)Ugly Wrote: One word: MONEY. We're not all able to buy high end equipment.
And I'm sure that, as with this time, if my Otolaryngologist wants information he'll pick the foolish approach of having me stay overnight at the hospital for a sleep study. Gee, it really might be cheaper for the government to pay for an S9 AutoSet but I don't make the rules. Big Grin

The vast majority of us don't have money. We have insurance. Most insurance companies follow the Medicare rules pay the same price for nearly all CPAPs. This is why DMEs give us the cheaper dumb machines because they make a higher profit.

For those of us without insurance, we use Craigslist or Supplier #2.

If you cannot switch the machine, and if the machine is yours vs being rented, you may want to contact Supplier #2 and ask what the price difference would be if you sold them the body from your Escape (not the humidifier part) and the Elite or Autoset you want to buy. The price difference may be more within your budget.

Just because you have gone this long without a data capable machine, it doesn't mean you should continue to do so. But it is your decision, of course. We will continue to assist you along the way. Our goal here is to education and empower.
PaulaO

Post Reply Post Reply
We did have some money, but had to give it to our insurance company!Laugh-a-lot
Tim
Finger Lakes Region, NY
Post Reply Post Reply
I understand you! Sometimes the deductible is so high, gotta wonder why you have insurance!

I am "lucky" to be low income and have Medicaid to cover what Medicare doesn't cover.
PaulaO

Post Reply Post Reply
(11-11-2012, 04:38 PM)PaulaO2 Wrote: I understand you! Sometimes the deductible is so high, gotta wonder why you have insurance!

I am "lucky" to be low income and have Medicaid to cover what Medicare doesn't cover.
We make to much to qualify for help and not enough for some things we need, (or maybe just want)! Somehow the Lord gets us by each month, even with mounting co-pays. We are barely over the limit for medical assistance but it could be much worse!
Tim
Finger Lakes Region, NY
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  ReMed Airsense software/firmware Ralph436 22 1,123 01-23-2024, 11:55 AM
Last Post: george1945
  Contec CMS50E Pulse Oximeter Software John7 0 381 11-12-2023, 09:18 AM
Last Post: John7
  [Equipment] Which 24 Hr Oximeter to buy & PC/Tablet compatible software EasySleep 0 340 11-08-2023, 08:26 AM
Last Post: EasySleep
  Lowenstein Software shawsg 2 585 09-27-2023, 12:10 PM
Last Post: shawsg
  AirSense 11 Stopped Transmitting ?Related to Software Update? YankeeLaker 57 7,076 08-19-2023, 09:54 AM
Last Post: jijididit
  Lumis 100 and correct software for reading a sleep data?? doognibor 3 641 08-08-2023, 02:19 PM
Last Post: Dire
  AirSense 11 water / humidity / software incident rpierce 5 1,194 07-31-2023, 08:53 PM
Last Post: rpierce

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.