Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

What Trigger Setting makes an Aircurve equivalent to an Autoset?
What Trigger Setting makes an Aircurve equivalent to an Autoset?
The title says it all. I'm trying to figure out how to use my Aircurve 10 VAuto as if it were an autoset since there must be some equivalence.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: What Trigger Setting makes an Aircurve equivalent to an Autoset?
I'd use default settings across the board, so med trigger.
PS 3 0r less
Mode vauto
Pressures as appropriate
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: What Trigger Setting makes an Aircurve equivalent to an Autoset?
Interesting question.

Even with identical pressure settings, the Aircurve does feel very different from the Airsense! I never thought to adjust the trigger and cycle sensitivities to try and fix that. I will be curious if anyone pipes in with any info!!!

If you’re aware of this, I apologize, but when you change to the aircurve, EPR vs PS is different.

EPR “comes off” the minimum pressure, where PS gets added to minimum.

So if your airsense pressures are 7-20, EPR 3, you start out at epap of 4, ipap of 7.

To duplicate on the aircurve, you would set pressure to 4-20, PS 3

A couple of your Oscar graphs will change. My inspiratory time graph in overview looked very different!

As I raised my PS to address flow limits and SPO2 questions, I saw an increase in my centrals. Adjusting the trigger setting to high took care of those, but by that time, I was getting used to the aircurve, so it’s hard to say if it was closer to how the airsense felt.

Good luck!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Need help with Airsense 10 AutoSet JonUK 2 125 03-25-2024, 06:11 PM
Last Post: JonUK
  Rant and AirCurve 10 vs AirCurve 11 question Whacked 11 314 03-25-2024, 03:14 PM
Last Post: Sleepster
Question Not Sure if Setting Changes Helping - Help Appreciated! WiscoKate 6 160 03-25-2024, 11:54 AM
Last Post: WiscoKate
  [Treatment] Johnny O's ResMed AirCurve 10 VAuto for severe sleep apnea (61 AHI) and OSA, CSA JohnnyO 23 573 03-21-2024, 05:02 PM
Last Post: JohnnyO
  Plmnb's New Therapy ResMed AirCurve 10 ST-A Plmnb 204 8,517 03-19-2024, 06:31 AM
Last Post: Plmnb
  Trouble adapting to ResMed AirCurve 10 ASV JanetW 6 210 03-19-2024, 01:58 AM
Last Post: stevew168
  Aircurve 10 ST-A and Lumis 150 VPAP ST-A just a UK branding difference? SingleH 37 2,243 03-18-2024, 07:51 AM
Last Post: SingleH

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.