Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

What a load of cr*p
Yes, I said it.. (with an asterisk so I don't offend) Big Grinnie 

This is a sh!##y story.

Talking about septic problems here. You flush but it doesn't go down. Most Florida homes with septic systems are designed so there is always one shower drain lower than anything else in the house. If you have a backup, it flows into the shower. Yup, gross... You plunge that and only managed to spread the wealth - to the walls. I ran an auger down the drain, nothing. 25' and didn't hit any obstruction. Outside I go, in Florida heat - 91 today, middle of the day to dig up my tank's manhole. The system is a piranha system and I have one chamber with a manhole on the surface but of course it is the one furthest from the house. Need to dig up the one closest. Not terribly deep but what back breaking work for a large man like me. Use a heavy dewalt pry bar to pry up the concrete cover, thanks dewalt. Can't see anything because I have a pipe in the way, the sun is killing me, I have sweat in my eyes, and it stinks.

Have to call a pumper to come out. $300 bucks later, it's pumped out. Toilets still wont go down. I ask him about the pipe connecting the house to the tank here. It's enters the tank and turns 90 degrees down to go under the water. There is a hole on top in case it gets clogged but couldn't tell if anything was in it. He says most people take it out. It causes too many problems but he's not allowed to do it. I just said, excuse me. grabbed the prybar and hit that pipe so hard I knocked it off. Water comes gushing out. Fixed. Hammer

Turned out it was roots that grew into that pipe and acted as a net to catch stuff. Paper, human stuff, grease bits.

Sorry no pictures of my sh*t#y water to show you. Have to say this, the driver of those pumpers earn their money on that job.

Just wanted to pass that along - how was your day?

Using FlashAir W-03 SD card in machine. Access through wifi with FlashPAP or Sleep Master utilities.

I wanted to learn Binary so I enrolled in Binary 101. I seemed to have missed the first four courses. Big Grinnie

Post Reply Post Reply
I fell for you.
I hand my drains blocked old age.
 I put in a Fuji Clean system. It treats and the wast and water comes out of 5 sprinklers on a hose that I can move around. Water can't be used on vegetables and you shouldn't get in contact with it. Sprinklers come on 2 or 3 times a day and go for 2.5 min.
Post Reply Post Reply
dwd, can we assume that you don't get any visitors? Huhsign  I would presume there is an odor issue with spreading gray water on your lawn.  oldman
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. 
ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.
INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINIONS ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY STATEMENTS OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

I googled 'fuji clean septic' --- I'm not sure how grey that water is; I'm sending links to a friend who is a waste water treatment engineer. It's a pretty fancy system...
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-17-2017, 09:52 PM)PollCat Wrote: dwd, can we assume that you don't get any visitors?  Huhsign  I would presume there is an odor issue with spreading gray water on your lawn.  oldman

There is no odor at all. If you get a smell it means something is not right.
The system has to get checked/serviced  every 3 months and a report sent to council/local government .
I was going to put in new trenches but council would not have approved them.
Post Reply Post Reply