Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

What adjustments do these SH images suggest?
What adjustments do these SH images suggest?
I've been using this AirSense 10 Auto for just over three weeks (seems much longer) and have made a couple of minor adjustments (only significant one was to EPR, from 2 to 3) and have to say that my general feeling of well-being isn't up to par. Some freaky-looking parts of my chart concern me though I gather the biggest problem is with leaks.

Looking at this view of last night and the 30-day statistics, what would you recommend?

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: What adjustments do these SH images suggest?
Looks good to me. Even your leak rate isn't that bad, not great, but not bad.
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
<grumble> Thinking: "I hate it when people tell me to 'just leave it alone!'... almost as much as I hate it when I shoulda not messed with it."
Post Reply Post Reply
It seems your numbers were a bit better with EPR at 2. What freaky parts of your chart are you referring to? You had a couple leaks, but not that bad.

You probably hate to hear this too....your numbers are good. Smile
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-15-2018, 06:19 PM)ShaunBlake Wrote: <grumble> Thinking: "I hate it when people tell me to 'just leave it alone!'... almost as much as I hate it when I shoulda not messed with it."

Success has it's price.  Dont-know
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I wouldn't change anything on your machine. Maybe try a different size nasal pillow - your leaks could use a bit of work.
Post Reply Post Reply
Shaun, if you have to change something, you could change your max to 19. If you feel daring, try your max at 18. Otherwise, people try real hard to their charts to look like yours. I think your good!

It sometimes takes a long while to get to feeling great. Barring any other complications it can take a few months sometimes more. I'd bet that you're already feeling better than before therapy.
Jesse

Post Reply Post Reply
(03-18-2018, 07:39 PM)JesseLee Wrote: Shaun, if you have to change something, you could change your max to 19. If you feel daring, try your max at 18. Otherwise, people try real hard to their charts to look like yours. I think your good!

It sometimes takes a long while to get to feeling great. Barring any other complications it can take a few months sometimes more. I'd bet that you're already feeling better than before therapy.

Changes: Not interested (would only want to if something was bothering me like blowouts or such) and everybody suggests that I outta leave it alone but if I GOTTA change something, then... (change my diaper? Lolabove )

Actually, I've been on (and off and on) CPAPs for over 20 years. First experience, yep, within weeks I was feeling amazingly better. This time, I wasn't off very long, just 5 or 6 weeks; my old ResMed pillows mask (remember the one with the Velcro straps?) dissolved and was useless. Later found out that the S9 Escape couldn't pump higher than 9 and was supposed to be on 13. (And it took over a minute after opening ("taking a breath") and closing the tube before it crept up nearly to 9. No telling how long it hadn't been working, and I was clueless. Oh-jeez

Anyway, getting back on track, I'm not feeling any better -- in fact, a little worse it seems: wake up tired, often take2  or 3 naps, sometimes over 2 hours. Oxi seems on track. My large leaks shouldn't be having that bad an effect, so whazzup wi' dat?

So, I'm still kickin', and it may get better someday. Until then, this isn't as bad as it could be and it's better than it should be, considering.
Post Reply Post Reply
Shawn, Have you thought about trying a fixed pressure of 12cm? You might give that a try and see if you feel more rested in the morning.
Some people just do better on a fixed pressure.
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
Shaun, I was being a smarty pants as my teenage daughter says. But I know she's got other ways she'd like to describe me.

I wish I could offer you some solid advice. Sleep hygeine practices? Environmental changes?

Vitamin D? Thyroid? Low T?

All the other stuff I'm too young to know about? I'd like to think my CPAP machine is a fix all but it ain't.
Jesse

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New Here, Been using OSCAR, Need Advice Regarding Adjustments FrankReality 26 868 03-26-2024, 01:49 PM
Last Post: FrankReality
  [Pressure] Advice on pressure adjustments akarifur 43 1,802 03-25-2024, 08:58 PM
Last Post: Uzupan
  First week with CPAP Oscar - Adjustments phillyfan24 5 487 03-09-2024, 10:27 PM
Last Post: phillyfan24
Gross Need help interpreting data and making adjustments tiredandexpired 13 589 03-01-2024, 10:07 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  Help Interpreting OSCAR data and making adjustments Catbois 1 173 03-01-2024, 11:03 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  eXciteOSA See Any Improvement? (with images) bergerj 6 1,676 01-21-2024, 09:37 AM
Last Post: jrolli1509
  Resmed Aircurve 10 Vauto - Adjustments sleepy9994 11 1,360 10-28-2023, 03:15 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.