Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

What affects the central apneas ?
RE: What affects the central apneas ?
short answer, read CPAP charts only,
Cpap is your problem get a ASV.
ASV can lower CPAP pressure from 19 to 4.
would you rather sleep with a pressure of 19 or 4?
people with ASV pressure above 4 should change it to 4 as per studies makes no difference.
ask doctor first.
Post Reply Post Reply
It would help if you could post some charts using sleepyhead. The links for sleepyhead are just below this.
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
[attachment=3934][attachment=3934]
Hello,
In response to Walla Walla, I post charts that match a fairly typical record.
Is that matching with the sleep-wake-junk as quoted by Beej?

[img=422x12]file:///C:\DOCUME~1\Bernard\LOCALS~1\Temp\msohtml1\01\clip_image002.gif[/img]
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-20-2017, 06:13 PM)chicken Wrote: short answer, read CPAP charts only,
people with ASV pressure above 4 should change it to 4 as per studies makes no difference.
ask doctor first.

I'd like to see the studies you are referring to in regards to pressures not making a difference. Where would they be located? I'm asking, so I can be more informed and to add to my learning.

As for pressures making no difference though, my personal experience says otherwise. For proper therapy for me, I must start at EPAP Min of 9 or I get OSA. In theory, I may try 8 EPAP Min but the machine then has to adjust up when I have events, indicating 9 is closer. But for me personally, I'm not setting my ASV to 4, starving myself of air and making my ASV work harder to always adjust much farther up the pressure scale to a pressure that's more suitable and closer to my 90%.

Not attempting to be offensive or confrontational, but what works for you personally isn't a guarantee that the same applies to everyone else. And yes this does go both ways, my settings may not work for you and your machine nor would your settings be guaranteed good for me.

Happy Friday & weekend to y'all,  Eat-popcorn

Dave B

Coffee
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
The CA's at the end could very well be sleep-wake junk. However you do have a lot of CA's throughout the night. It looks like your on a fixed pressure of 8cm. I don't know if there's an adjustment that can be made. I'll leave that to someone with more background on CA's.

In the future if you could post your charts with the information from the left side also it would help a lot. Check the links below on how to setup the charts.

Thanks and Welcome to the board again.
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
ask doctor first.

It’s hard to understand what you’re saying and how the lines relate to each other. It would also help—since data is involved here and offered as fact—if you could say how you arrived at your positions. What “studies” are you referring to?

Could you maybe clarify?
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-27-2017, 09:42 AM)SarcasticDave94 Wrote:
ask doctor first.

I'd like to see the studies you are referring to in regards to pressures not making a difference. Where would they be located? I'm asking, so I can be more informed and to add to my learning.

As for pressures making no difference though, my personal experience says otherwise. For proper therapy for me, I must start at EPAP Min of 9 or I get OSA. In theory, I may try 8 EPAP Min but the machine then has to adjust up when I have events, indicating 9 is closer. But for me personally, I'm not setting my ASV to 4, starving myself of air and making my ASV work harder to always adjust much farther up the pressure scale to a pressure that's more suitable and closer to my 90%.

Not attempting to be offensive or confrontational, but what works for you personally isn't a guarantee that the same applies to everyone else. And yes this does go both ways, my settings may not work for you and your machine nor would your settings be guaranteed good for me.

Happy Friday & weekend to y'all,  Eat-popcorn

Dave B

Coffee
Dave

Do appreciate the intent of your reply but as I have no depth of experience with PAP, in my posts, I can only refer to my own experience. Indeed most of us hopefully are adult enough to appreciate individual replies may not apply to everyone else. I have read many many posts to learn from every one's experience and am really happy to report that distilling them for myself and experimentation to discover what suits me has helped me personally.

I am in awe of those who are able to read the data posted and be able to infer best ways forward for others. Not all of us can be in that category.

Thanks for good wishes and of course the same to you too........
Sleepyhead in 5 easy steps

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
In a similar situation. CA's are extremely variable and I can't pin down an environmental cause.
Post Reply Post Reply
I read an odd article that probably doesn't apply to anyone here. In people who have heart failure and
mixed ca and osa there AHI was a lot better after cardio rehab. And the funny thing is there wasn't much
or any inprovement in there OSA but the CA was reduced a lot it might have been either 40 or 50 %. It
does make me wonder if exercise would help reduce the ca events in us without heart failure.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  please help me make sense of my central apneas p4ncaketim 27 596 4 hours ago
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Central while on ASV Boodmaster 11 2,523 03-26-2024, 02:37 AM
Last Post: Boodmaster
  [Treatment] Clear airway / central apnea events -- causes and solutions? mitzvahtime 6 2,404 03-25-2024, 04:10 PM
Last Post: Jay51
  Fixing (CPAP-induced?) central apneas Franko39 17 862 03-21-2024, 11:26 PM
Last Post: Franko39
  Central Sleeping Apnea treatment ivan007 5 212 03-21-2024, 12:52 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  Central events while falling asleep michaelyu15 7 271 03-20-2024, 06:22 PM
Last Post: michaelyu15
  [Treatment] Having several Unclassified Apneas.... meatheadmd 7 306 03-19-2024, 07:54 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.