Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

What am I missing?
What am I missing?
Graph 1.
Took a nice mid-day nap. Best nap ever with good results.

Graph 2.
Went to bed about 9:30 and slept for the longest time to date. Best sleep too. Got up for bathroom break. (didn't think i was up that long but not the issue)

Went back to sleep and slept very good until around 4:00 in the morning. I woke up and was just laying there half awake and half asleep. All the time thinking I was going to have the best night of my life. OBTW, night before was a zero night.

Graph 3.
About 4:00 all hell breaks loose. Leaks are under control, Flow limits are reasonable. Snores do not exist (after 4:00) I know it might just be sleep/awake junk but my O2 level dropped to at least 86%. I know this because I have an Oximeter and put it on my finger to see if I could catch it just right and I caught that. It could have been lower but I have to wake up to read it.

Is there something I can tweak or should I just start getting up at 4:00?
Am I missing something?

http://imgur.com/a/cNOWz
CPAP is a journey like “The Wizard of Oz”. It’s a long slow journey. You will face many problems and pick up many friends along the way. Just because you reach the poppies, it doesn’t mean you are in Kansas. 
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: What am I missing?
First let me say I have not gone back and looked at any other threads, so I do not know your history.

Sleep/wake junk can effect O2 levels-if you stop breathing, your O2 will go down, regardless of the reason. it's just that CPAP does not effect sleep/wake junk so when talking about CPAP we ignore sleep/wake junk

For anything else I will let those who know more history comment
Post Reply Post Reply
Looks like sleep/wake junk to me. I would ignore it. When you are waking up or awake or in that very light in and out sleep, it is normal to have a lot of apneic events. I used to have the same kind of stuff all of the time. Made me wonder how some people could possibly get a zero AHI. I did notice that their flow rate looked more consistent and even than mine. I stopped thinking about it and over time guess what happened. My flow rate got more even and consistent and, if I decided to lie in bed and vegetate for an hour after awakening, I no longer got a bunch of apneic events during that time.

I do not know for sure what changed. I do know that previously when I would lie down to go to sleep I would consciously breathe more deeply than normal and it almost seems like that carried through on and off during the whole night. At the point where I think this started changing, I decided to try to emulate my "asleep" breathing (a little quicker and shallower) and I am still doing that. I think that started the change to my whole night's breathing. That and I think that my mind decided that it could trust the machine to allow it to breathe all night long without interference.

The shorter version is; don't worry about the sleep/wake junk, it is not meaningful

Best Regards,

PaytonA

Admin Note:
PaytonA passed away in September 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
Yeah, if you are awake, or in the gap between sleep and awake, the machine and you can have disagreements. I've noticed it with mine as well. If I wake up and can't decide if I am going to fall back asleep or get up, I reach over, turn off the machine for a few seconds, and turn it back on. If I do fall asleep, all is well. If I don't, then I can remove that data from the SH results.

I do the same thing if I have trouble falling asleep. If I lay there and can't fall asleep, I reach over and turn off/on the machine just so I know to remove that data. Even if no events happen, time is as much a part of the AHI as events are.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
Nooo. We aren't number driven at all. Dielaughing Laugh-a-lot Lolabove

Admin Note:

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-20-2016, 05:27 PM)PaulaO2 Wrote: Yeah, if you are awake, or in the gap between sleep and awake, the machine and you can have disagreements. I've noticed it with mine as well. If I wake up and can't decide if I am going to fall back asleep or get up, I reach over, turn off the machine for a few seconds, and turn it back on. If I do fall asleep, all is well. If I don't, then I can remove that data from the SH results.

I do the same thing if I have trouble falling asleep. If I lay there and can't fall asleep, I reach over and turn off/on the machine just so I know to remove that data. Even if no events happen, time is as much a part of the AHI as events are.

How do you remove the data?
CPAP is a journey like “The Wizard of Oz”. It’s a long slow journey. You will face many problems and pick up many friends along the way. Just because you reach the poppies, it doesn’t mean you are in Kansas. 
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-20-2016, 05:54 PM)PaytonA Wrote: Nooo. We aren't number driven at all. Dielaughing Laugh-a-lot Lolabove

Having made my living dealing with numbers, how can I ignore them. Oh-jeez
Post Reply Post Reply
What makes you think that you are the only one who has made his living dealing with numbers? Besides numbers are easy to ignore when you finally find out that, in general, they are only somewhat meaningful.

If you do what Paula said, when you wake up and you just want to lounge for a while in bed, turn your CPAP off momentarily and then turn it back on. That will give you a new session that you can turn off in Sleepyhead. Go to the daily tab and the details tab on the left side in Sleepyhead. Scroll down to the session information. There you will find the sessions for this day. You can turn any session off by clicking on the little green switch which should then move to red. Any events in the session that you turned off will be turned off too

Best Regards,

PaytonA

Admin Note:

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
Nice feature. Thanks PaytonA and Paula02.
Post Reply Post Reply
As I said before, I am a numbers guy. And since trends are important here, I made a spreadsheet to determine my 90% pressure. Going back, using the process above, I re-did the sheet. Adding a least square trend line, I can be reasonably assured my 90% pressure (for October) is between 8 and 9. I am going to say 8.5.

Starting in November, I will probably start moving my min closer to 7 and my max down closer 9.5-10.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Flow LIMIT data missing tried to search forum Plmnb 16 264 03-10-2024, 01:10 PM
Last Post: Plmnb
  SD Card in AirSense 11 missing data larryh 2 167 03-06-2024, 08:54 PM
Last Post: larryh
  Mode and Pressure settings missing; yesterday's shown. Captain Howdy 2 477 10-11-2023, 02:32 AM
Last Post: Captain Howdy
  Missing some OSCAR data?/RM AirSense11 TomWii 2 642 08-12-2023, 04:30 PM
Last Post: TomWii
Question [CPAP] Is the Resmed algorithm missing my AHI events? Nathan Graves 2 606 08-10-2023, 08:07 AM
Last Post: staceyburke
  Aircurve 10 VAUTO - missing Ti MAX/Min,Trigger, Rise time? sleep2023 9 1,016 06-26-2023, 10:10 AM
Last Post: sleep2023
  Myair app missing 1/2 of days sleep period Dchurch 4 706 03-21-2023, 01:52 PM
Last Post: SleepyMac

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.