Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

What antifungal worked for your scalp from headgear fungus?
RE: What antifungal worked for your scalp from headgear fungus?
I don't recommend what I'm about to offer, but I do, and have, used both of these to effect remedy from athlete's foot and some occasional scalp hot spots, like folliculitis. 

I have painted between my toes with tea tree oil, and darned if it don't work pretty darned well.  Often, just a single application prior to bed, and by morning no hint of any itching.

Twice now, I have soaked my feet, toes mostly, in a potassium metabisulphite solution (one tsp per liter of water) to nip athlete's foot. After an eight minute soak to let the compound invade my skin, pat dry, and the results have been very good.  Tea tree oil on the infected follicles works very well.

I add a drop of dish detergent in the bisulphite to help it to break skin surface tension (especially important in the oily scalp), and soak a clean face cloth in the solution.  Drape over your hair and work the solution into the scalp.  Wait several minutes for absorption, and then rinse well, dry thoroughly.  Don't wear hats or toques for a few days. Works for me.

Bisulphite is lethal to spores, molds, viruses, and to bacteria.
Post Reply Post Reply
Just wash your headgear regularly and dry it completely before putting it on and don't share it with anyone.
Fungus growth is most often due to lack of regular hygiene.
Post Reply Post Reply
mesenteria I used tea tree oil with soap for scalp treating and quite enjoyed it.
Dave
DaveL
compliant for 35 years /// Still trying!

I'm just a cpap user like you. I don't give medical advice. Seek the advice of a physician before seeking treatment for medical conditions including sleep apnea. Sleep-well

http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php..._The_Guide

Post Reply Post Reply
FYI: The manufacturer, Paul Mitchel, has a Tea Tree Oil shampoo.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Cpap for 4 month, worked in the beginning but not much now Killiane69 6 606 01-23-2024, 07:41 AM
Last Post: Killiane69
  [Equipment] Brevida mask with Evora headgear BeauPetitNez 8 1,659 01-13-2024, 10:11 AM
Last Post: BeauPetitNez
Question [Equipment] Is the headgear on AirFit N20 the same as AirFit F20? James87 4 441 01-12-2024, 12:25 PM
Last Post: labrat
  P10 Headgear paulag1955 2 354 12-14-2023, 07:29 PM
Last Post: paulag1955
  F&P Solo Headgear Columbiabill 1 474 12-09-2023, 01:25 PM
Last Post: yankees123
  [Equipment] Resmed N30i/P30i headgear sleeve issues Himrent 1 423 11-23-2023, 02:22 PM
Last Post: Dog Slobber
  Adaptor to fix a Evora headgear on a Brevida mask BeauPetitNez 3 1,010 03-02-2023, 05:26 PM
Last Post: Nickman111

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.